Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Did Stanford win? I watched the end of the first half and the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I was with a friend and we changed the channel when we thought Stanford was going to lose.

Stanford won in overtime.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Kentucky is ranked 17th. First time ranked in 11 years.

Surprised they weren't ranked higher. Beat Florida and Mississippi St. They are playing great football right now...both sides of the ball. They have a very winnable schedule this year. Georgia still has to play Auburn and LSU. So even if they beat UK and lose the other two if UK can win out they go to the title game to get sacrificed to the football gods to play the Almighty Alabama. Either way if they just lose 1 game they would likely end up with a New Years Bowl game! They have to stay consistent and finish the games though...but this could be a big step in them turning into a perineal East contender instead of an also ran.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Surprised they weren't ranked higher. Beat Florida and Mississippi St. They are playing great football right now...both sides of the ball. They have a very winnable schedule this year. Georgia still has to play Auburn and LSU. So even if they beat UK and lose the other two if UK can win out they go to the title game to get sacrificed to the football gods to play the Almighty Alabama. Either way if they just lose 1 game they would likely end up with a New Years Bowl game! They have to stay consistent and finish the games though...but this could be a big step in them turning into a perineal East contender instead of an also ran.

A potential UK Alabama matchup would be interesting seeing the way Harris “played” Stoops and Crew

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Saw a stat this morning that said Duke and Kentucky are ranked in football at the same time for the first time since 1957! Crazy stuff going on in football this year lol. But yes, Stoops has done a great job with this years team. Benny Snell and Josh Allen are going to be making millions next year (wouldn't mind seeing the Colts get either one btw) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Saw a stat this morning that said Duke and Kentucky are ranked in football at the same time for the first time since 1957! Crazy stuff going on in football this year lol. But yes, Stoops has done a great job with this years team. Benny Snell and Josh Allen are going to be making millions next year. 

Mike Edwards  might too

Don’t forget that UK is doing this without their top DE and OT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Mike Edwards  might too

Don’t forget that UK is doing this without their top DE and OT

Shows the depth that Stoops has built. Rich Brooks had some good teams at UK but if someone got hurt we were screwed at that position. Stoops has it to where the back ups are just as good (maybe even better at a few spots) than the starters. 

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A potential UK Alabama matchup would be interesting seeing the way Harris “played” Stoops and Crew

I don't think it would be all that interesting or close...but if the Cats make it that far I would root for them.....excuse me I think I'm going to be :yuk:  Anyways they playing some good football and I'd say easily top 15 with whom they have beat...guess the voters don't want to believe it just yet...but they are the real deal.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Shows the depth that Stoops has built. Rich Brooks had some good teams at UK but if someone got hurt we were screwed at that position. Stoops has it to where the back ups are just as good (maybe even better at a few spots) than the starters. 

I remember the days when UK might have 1 guy drafted but this year there a multiple draftablr players

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Saw a stat this morning that said Duke and Kentucky are ranked in football at the same time for the first time since 1957! Crazy stuff going on in football this year lol. But yes, Stoops has done a great job with this years team. Benny Snell and Josh Allen are going to be making millions next year (wouldn't mind seeing the Colts get either one btw) 

Cutcliffe is a very good coach. He has done a nice job there at Duke and has built a very respectable program. Doesn't hurt his relationship with the Mannings either I suppose but that would be a good game...Duke vs UK!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't think it would be all that interesting or close...but if the Cats make it that far I would root for them.....excuse me I think I'm going to be :yuk:  Anyways they playing some good football and I'd say easily top 15 with whom they have beat...guess the voters don't want to believe it just yet...but they are the real deal.

Never said it would be close just interesting because of the way Harris strung the staff and fans around 

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Cutcliffe is a very good coach. He has done a nice job there at Duke and has built a very respectable program. Doesn't hurt his relationship with the Mannings either I suppose but that would be a good game...Duke vs UK!!!

A duke and uk bowl game would be awesome but the commentary would be awful because they would talk about basketball half the game probably.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

That right there is what makes the difference between a 4-8 and 5-7 team from a 8-4 and 9-3 team. If he can continue to do that and have guys ready to play he will continue to put this team in position to win. That next step is the very very difficult step...you have to then take that next huge leap of recruiting the best of the best and have great game day coaching to get to that last tier of 10-2 to undefeated and winning a championship. Hard to do at a Kentucky but he would have a job for as long as he wants if he can consistently go 8-4.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Never said it would be close just interesting because of the way Harris strung the staff and fans around 

I think it would take more than one guy (especially not a qb) that shunned a team for another to make a good story line. Sure the RB matchup would be big story for UK fans...but the rest of the country and honestly the Alabama fans would roll their eyes. One school has a rich history of putting rbs into the NFL and winning Heisman Trophies...the other well...they play basketball well. It would be no more a story then say any number of UK basketball players that had spurned local schools and coaches to go play for the NBA machine at UK.

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

A duke and uk bowl game would be awesome but the commentary would be awful because they would talk about basketball half the game probably.

Sadly agree. IU and Duke had a heck of a bowl game a couple years ago....it was pretty much treated exactly how you described it. Sad!

• Like 1

I was predicting a Stanford blow out before Kelly made the change at QB. Book played very well. I still don't think ND can run the ball against them which would make throwing more difficult so I'm going to take Stanford...but not two scores as I predicted earlier. Should be a good game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I was predicting a Stanford blow out before Kelly made the change at QB. Book played very well. I still don't think ND can run the ball against them which would make throwing more difficult so I'm going to take Stanford...but not two scores as I predicted earlier. Should be a good game.

Is it the ABC night game?

My Hoosier took a hard loss. That INT for TD really made it tough to come back down early. I still think we can get bowl eligible but this was the one upset I was counting on this year. Playing in the East division is tough for the Hoosiers considering the main powers are in that division. Ohio St., Michigan, Penn St., and Michigan St.....it's a long uphill process for the Hoosiers to ever break through and become a football contender. The west has Wisconsin.....but that's about it....Iowa is very very hit or miss. Guess we know what it feels like to be in the SEC West lol.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 12:21 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Allen looked really good and fast against Mississippi State.   I was surprised that the Mississippi State coach didn't give the OT more help.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He told them more than once that he was staying home to play at UK and was committed to Stoops until signing day

I didn't know that.  College football recruiting sometimes is just ethically questionable on both the coaches and recruits sides.

1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

My remote is going to get a workout this Saturday.  Stanford vs ND, Kentucky vs S. Carolina, and Penn State vs Ohio State are all on at the same time.

I have to work all day Saturday but once I get off I am on vaca for a week. That Stanford at ND game is a night game, can't wait for that game. I will be watching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

My remote is going to get a workout this Saturday.  Stanford vs ND, Kentucky vs S. Carolina, and Penn State vs Ohio State are all on at the same time.

Kind of hate that the ND/Stanford game is on at basically the same time as UK/USC. That's a game I'd like to watch all of. Maybe if UK gets a pretty big lead I'll try to watch some of ND/Stanford.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Kind of hate that the ND/Stanford game is on at basically the same time as UK/USC. That's a game I'd like to watch all of. Maybe if UK gets a pretty big lead I'll try to watch some of ND/Stanford.

I really want to see all three games, they all look like they could be good.  I guess I could tape one of them, but I am not a fan of doing that because I know they will show updates on the game I'm watching. 

• Like 1