Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IU is 3-0 :billiejean:Can't say that often!

I believe Allen is  turning the program around , like what I see. They certainly have some young talent. Will they be top tier in B10 this year ? I doubt it but I think they are very capable of a bowl. That being said they have to earn it , for they are in the toughest division of the conference. They did a much better job against Ball ST than ND .

• Like 4

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I've had my issues with Stoops but hes really done a heck of a job with UK. Could end up with an 8-9 win season. Hes really done a good job building the trenches which is where you win or lose games (especially in the SEC)

My issues with Stoops staff is play calling and clock management. They have recruited very well as they should being an Sec school. They have a real shot to have a special season. If they stay healthy they can be something to build on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I believe Allen is  turning the program around , like what I see. They certainly have some young talent. Will they be top tier in B10 this year ? I doubt it but I think they are very capable of a bowl. That being said they have to earn it , for they are in the toughest division of the conference. They did a much better job against Ball ST than ND .

He is doing it with lesser talent than most. I’m concerned about the QB play if it will be enough but I’m impressed with the offensive line and their young rbs. They always have nice big WRs on the perimeter. I don’t know where this will lead but getting into a bowl game 3-4 years in a row will be how they take the next step. Facilities are actually starting to step up with the improvements they are making...its looking up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I remember your telling me that 3 years ago. Who do you think is a good fit? 

Im not sure...young guys I like are Pat Fitzgerald and I love Matt Rhule who we talked to for our job...I love their coaching styles. Of course I would love Dabo Sweeney or David Shaw but that ain’t happening...I’d take either of the other two. I’m probably missing another young coach or two I just can’t think of but I like their positivity and how they treat their players and build a program....I feel like Kelly just lives off of his talent and I’ve yet to see him really develop a QB which I thought he was suppose to be a strength of his. He is just too up and down and I just don’t prefer his anger at them sometimes.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This is also a special season since the team has been hit with cancer twice

Good point...they do have a lot to rally around. I knew once Stoops learned to coach to the same level as he recruited he would start getting some signature wins...finally happening.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dgambill said:

No Auburn, Alabama, LSU?? Huh I know they don’t play them every year but that is a favorable schedule. Defiantly a bowl team and a chance to win the Sec East if say Georgia loses two...I don’t think they beat Texas A&M either but this is their year to make noise.

Kentucky is probably going to be bowl eligible this year, unless they fall off a cliff.  I can't imagine them winning the SEC east or Georgia losing two games,  K. Smart has that team rolling.   Mississippi State will be a tough test for them, they are good on both sides of the ball.  On a side note,  I find it funny that all the fan bases in the SEC hate everything to do with Alabama but are more than willing to get their head coaches from there, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Kentucky is probably going to be bowl eligible this year, unless they fall off a cliff.  I can't imagine them winning the SEC east or Georgia losing two games,  K. Smart has that team rolling.   Mississippi State will be a tough test for them, they are good on both sides of the ball.  On a side note,  I find it funny that all the fan bases in the SEC hate everything to do with Alabama but are more than willing to get their head coaches from there, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas A&M, etc.

Just like the Pats?! Lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

My issues with Stoops staff is play calling and clock management. They have recruited very well as they should being an Sec school. They have a real shot to have a special season. If they stay healthy they can be something to build on.

Yeah hes made a few bonehead mistakes with clock management over the years. So far this year he hasn't had that problem. Hopefully hes figured it out.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Im not sure...young guys I like are Pat Fitzgerald and I love Matt Rhule who we talked to for our job...I love their coaching styles. Of course I would love Dabo Sweeney or David Shaw but that ain’t happening...I’d take either of the other two. I’m probably missing another young coach or two I just can’t think of but I like their positivity and how they treat their players and build a program....I feel like Kelly just lives off of his talent and I’ve yet to see him really develop a QB which I thought he was suppose to be a strength of his. He is just too up and down and I just don’t prefer his anger at them sometimes.

What about Neal Brown? Think he gets a P5 job this coming offseason somewhere. Doing a heck of a job at Troy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

What about Neal Brown? Think he gets a P5 job this coming offseason somewhere. Doing a heck of a job at Troy.

No doubt somewhere...they beat LSU last year now Nebraska this year. Still need to see more from him to give him a premiere job but he is up and coming.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don't like Kelly's offensive game plan , I think he kills drives at times . To me to predictable .

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, Cynjin said:

I saw a stat today that the Alabama QB, Tua T., on 3rd down is 13 for 13 passing with 6 TDs.  All I can say to that is, DANG!

Alabama will win it all again this year IMO. They usually have good QB play but Tua is playing at a heisman level. Going to be hard to beat 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Alabama will win it all again this year IMO. They usually have good QB play but Tua is playing at a heisman level. Going to be hard to beat 

Their offense is playing well right now, they play a ranked team, Texas A&M, this week so that should be more of a test.  Ohio State is looking really good, Haskins is playing very well.  I read that Bosa is going to be out for a while, tore a muscle that required surgery.  Georgia has got it rolling too and that is a matchup in the SEC championship game I would like to watch. Georgia and Alabama, both undefeated and a rematch of the last National Championship game, which IMO was an exciting game to watch as a fan.  Clemson looks really good, although I thought their Dline would be more dominant than what I have seen so far.  Oklahoma, from what I have read is playing at a high level, although I have not watched them yet and I need to make a point of trying to watch a game or two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Looking forward to watching Stanford at Oregon tonight. Hope the Cardinal can leave Eugene with a win. 

Hope Stanford wins too. I've always kind of liked them (wouldn't call myself a fan though lol)

Hoping Kentucky pulls out a big win tonight. Mississippi State will be a tough task, but I think we will have a shot especially since its a home game. We will probably be ranked in the top 25 for the first time in 10 years or so if we win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hope Stanford wins too. I've always kind of liked them (wouldn't call myself a fan though lol)

Hoping Kentucky pulls out a big win tonight. Mississippi State will be a tough task, but I think we will have a shot especially since its a home game. We will probably be ranked in the top 25 for the first time in 10 years or so if we win.

I'm pulling for you and your team.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

ND won big, they are now 4-0. They play Stanford next week at ND. That is a night game (730pm ET) so I will be able to watch it as I am on vacation after I work next Saturday day. 

I hope I will be able to see it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

You're leading 14-7. It looks good for Kentucky.

25 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

What a comeback by Stanford.

Has to be a heisman contender. 

Did Stanford win? I watched the end of the first half and the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I was with a friend and we changed the channel when we thought Stanford was going to lose.

• Like 1