Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2018-19 Thread

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Excited for tomorrow to see my Wildcats take on Penn State. Biggest bowl game in years for our program.

I heard some Purdue fans talk about how excited they were as well with Brohm staying....hopefully you don't fall flat like that...that was an embarrassment to all us Indiana folks. A bad showing can set you back after a great year. Nothing like chopping all that hard work right out from under you if you get embarrassed on National TV. That said I don't see any way possible you guys lay an egg like Purdue did.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I heard some Purdue fans talk about how excited they were as well with Brohm staying....hopefully you don't fall flat like that...that was an embarrassment to all us Indiana folks. A bad showing can set you back after a great year. Nothing like chopping all that hard work right out from under you if you get embarrassed on National TV. That said I don't see any way possible you guys lay an egg like Purdue did.

Yeah I was stunned about that one. I had Auburn winning by maybe 10 or so but that was a brutal beatdown.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Who yall got tonight? I feel like it will be a great game. I think Clemson will win in a close one. Hard to ever count out Saban though.

I just want another entertaining championship game.

I'd prefer for Clemson to win.  Also, their QB Trevor Lawrence is Sunshine from Remember the Titans.  haha

national-trevorlawrence-image.jpg     CUNSAb.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I just want another entertaining championship game.

I'd prefer for Clemson to win.  Also, their QB Trevor Lawrence is Sunshine from Remember the Titans.  haha

national-trevorlawrence-image.jpg     CUNSAb.gif

They are hyping him up big. Saw something a few days ago hes being compared to Peyton and Luck.

11 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

This is a changing of the guard. Clemson will now be the dominant program

I don't know about a changing of the guard.  Those two teams have pretty much been 1 and 1a for the past 4 years.

15 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Clemson probably won’t lose the next two years

I doubt that, but it would be remarkable if they do.  

Alabama still recruits as well as anyone and considering how many players and coaches that have left, in the last 4 years, it is impressive that they can still compete for a national championship each year. 

Clemson will start to lose some of their assistant coaches to other programs.  I do believe Dabo will be able to keep them playing at a high level. 

Can any other programs start to compete with Clemson and Alabama?  Georgia has shown they can, but I hope to see more programs step up. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I doubt that, but it would be remarkable if they do.  

Alabama still recruits as well as anyone and considering how many players and coaches that have left, in the last 4 years, it is impressive that they can still compete for a national championship each year. 

Clemson will start to lose some of their assistant coaches to other programs.  I do believe Dabo will be able to keep them playing at a high level. 

Can any other programs start to compete with Clemson and Alabama?  Georgia has shown they can, but I hope to see more programs step up. 

I’m not doubting Alabama still being elite. They’ll still be great year in and year out. But I’m talking about Clemson. Trevor Lawrence is the real deal. He’s a true freshman QB. What he did last night was absolutely incredible. They could lose a game here or there. I’ll believe it when I see it though

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I’m not doubting Alabama still being elite. They’ll still be great year in and year out. But I’m talking about Clemson. Trevor Lawrence is the real deal. He’s a true freshman QB. What he did last night was absolutely incredible. They could lose a game here or there. I’ll believe it when I see it though

He did look great.  It is still early, but assuming he comes out after his Junior year he looks like a number one pick overall. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Hey, KU fans or other college football fans, who is Bunchy Stallings? I read my team interviewed him (which does not mean much) but what can you tell me about him. Many thanks. :thanks:

A very good OG. Believe he was named a 1st Team All American. Especially a great run blocker. Heres a little info about him.

The award for Stallings, a senior from McComb, Miss., follows first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors from The Associated Press and SEC coaches. Stallings was responsible for only one-half sack quarterback sack all year. He totaled 170 blocks at the point of attack and had 55 knockdown blocks. He blocked for first-team All-SEC running back Benny Snell, who has rushed for 1,305 yards and 14 touchdowns. Earlier this season, Stallings was SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week following wins over Florida and Mississippi State.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nationofblue.com/bunchy-stallings-josh-allen-named-first-team-all-america/amp/

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, Cynjin said:

I think Georgia is right there with them like you said. With the amount of talent they have, Ohio St. should be in the conversation but their defensive lapses this past season were baffling. I also think Texas will be elite again very soon. Tom Herman is building a monster in Austin. And as long as Lincoln Riley is in Norman, Oklahoma will be formidable. Maybe they'll get that defense figured out sometime lol. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

I think Georgia is right there with them like you said. With the amount of talent they have, Ohio St. should be in the conversation but their defensive lapses this past season were baffling. I also think Texas will be elite again very soon. Tom Herman is building a monster in Austin. And as long as Lincoln Riley is in Norman, Oklahoma will be formidable. Maybe they'll get that defense figured out sometime lol. 

It would be nice if more teams were on the same level as Clemson and Alabama, at least from a fan perspective.  

I am interested to see how Jalen Hurts does at Oklahoma this year.  Texas A&M looks like they are on the rise now that Jimbo Fisher is there.  Their recruiting has improved a lot.  The Pac 12 looks like they have fallen off a cliff.  Those teams are having a hard time keeping west coast recruits staying home. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Ohio State will be fine. Schiano is gone so the defense has to get better haha I'm happy with Ryan Day taking over and I think he even seen the issues with Schiano, and how he used the young guys last year, which makes sense why Schiano was given his papers as soon as he took over. 

Speaking of Herman, I wish he would have stayed at Ohio State because he could have had the keys to Ohio for a LONG time. If he were Ohio State's OC in 16', we were winning it all again that year too. That team was better than the 15' team, but the juggling of Barrett/Jones the whole season kept that offense so out of balance they ended up being their own demise. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cynjin said:

The Pac 12 looks like they have fallen off a cliff.  Those teams are having a hard time keeping west coast recruits staying home. 

I was going to mention this. Not only are the west coast teams losing a lot of elite talent to other schools, numbers show the west coast simply isn't producing enough talent in the trenches. They still produce some elite talent but just not in the sheer numbers needed. With the right coach USC could probably transform back into a monster but I'm doubting Clay Helton is that guy. Mario Cristobal had a very nice class at Oregon this year and maybe he'll get them back to the playoffs in time, but only time will tell. 

• Like 1