Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton And The Redskins Game [Merge]

TubaGuy

Yes, it was definitely an ugly hit, but trying to point to this one single hit just reeks of trying to create a witch hunt. Peyton before that hit took plenty of hits and he has taken tons of hits after. Trying to pinpoint this single hit is just a way for Colts fans to find someone to blame for Manning's injury now.

Soon there will be a bunch of Indy fans with pitch forks and torches marching towards St. Louis.

THIS! I agree 100% and think it is really silly bordering on pathetic to try and go back in time and place blame now.

THIS! I agree 100% and think it is really silly bordering on pathetic to try and go back in time and place blame now.

If it could be reasonably determined that this bounty may have led to overzealous hitting which resulted in serious injury to a franchise player, than "blame" isn't the word for it.

Accountability.

I have to laugh; that hit was "late"? Peyton still had the ball in his hand as he was being hit. It wasn't a dirty hit, either, hence why there was no flag. Was it a bit unnecessary? Yes, perhaps, but this is a man's game.

You're kidding right? Manning was on the ground and he tried to rip his head off bending him backwards like a pretzel.

There is nothing "manly" about thuggery.

Absolutely that is when it happened. I have known this for sometime. In addition I have the game on DVD. Peyton was twisted up like a pretzel between two defenders. I believe Peyton has been quoted as saying that is when it all began. Whether it was the result of a bounty on Manning, we do not know, however Williams was the defensive coordinator, right?

I remember that sack and it was bad. There was an obvious attempt to hurt on that play. Read what you want into but that was bad and they didn't even throw a flag on that play. I had insight from a sorce that Manning was in a lot of pain after that game and was very unhappy about the play.

I think Philip Daniels may have known about that 'practice' but I still don't think his hit was intentionally to hurt. He was distraught and IIRC there was another player involved making it is two hit pretzel type take down (haven't had the heart to see video again, but I was there at teh game). He went to Peyton, Dungy and several after the injury and game to apologize and check on Peyton. I just don't think he meant to hurt Peyton, but I think he may have known that there was a program in place and wanted to be sure no one thought his hit was intentional.

I don't know. Daniels just seems straight up. :dunno: But these days, who knows about anyone. :sigh:

If it could be reasonably determined that this bounty may have led to overzealous hitting which resulted in serious injury to a franchise player, than "blame" isn't the word for it.

Accountability.

I'm on board for really sticking it to the *s who were apparently intentionally trying to hurt others, (and if that can be proven they should be banished not fined!) I just think that being able to say exactly when a injury happened is going to be very difficult.