Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys release Dez Bryant

5 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

This team needs all the talent we can get. I think with the new regime he would work well. With that said we won’t sign him. Also guy is a competitor so I don’t want to hear all that locker room cancer nonsense. 

How about the fact he has not had a 1000 yard season since 2014.  Is that OK to talk about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

How about the fact he has not had a 1000 yard season since 2014.  Is that OK to talk about?

Yeah that’s cool brother, I just know this guy gets a bad rap for his attitude and his sideline antics. He and Jason Witten do the exact same thing but no one questions Jason Witten. :thmup:

6 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

For the cheap..

"Hey Dez, Chris Ballard of the Indianapolis Colts how are ya?"

Dez: Thanks, but no thanks. I am going to room with my homie Josh Norman and play for the Redskins so that I can stick it to the 'Boys.

14 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

He has battled a couple of foot injuries and for one reason or another just hasn't connected with Dak Prescott. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a prove it deal. I seriously doubt that it would happen but Dez could be a great second or third option for Andrew Luck.

Yeah I agree, but I'm guessing he's not going anywhere to be a 2nd or 3rd option on a "prove-it" deal if he can help it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Dez: Thanks, but no thanks. I am going to room with my homie Josh Norman and play for the Redskins so that I can stick it to the 'Boys.

I think it's more like, Ballard: Dez, I'll give you a 1 year, $4 million dollar, prove it deal. Dez: No thanks, there are 30 other teams (not the cowboys) willing to give me more already, I'll sign somewhere else for more.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think it's more like, Ballard: Dez, I'll give you a 1 year, $4 million dollar, prove it deal. Dez: No thanks, there are 30 other teams (not the cowboys) willing to give me more already, I'll sign somewhere else for more.

If he signs that cheap 1 year contract, it will be with the rams, eagles or pats.

1 minute ago, our_dbs_rock said:

If he signs that cheap 1 year contract, it will be with the rams, eagles or pats.

Probably. I could also see him signing with the Giants to team with Odell Beckham and have it easier as the no2 receiver there. That would honestly open up the pass game for him there and make things a cakewalk. I believe he has a personal vendetta against the cowboys now, so he may sign within the division to extract revenge and prove he shouldn't of been released.

41 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Yeah that’s cool brother, I just know this guy gets a bad rap for his attitude and his sideline antics. He and Jason Witten do the exact same thing but no one questions Jason Witten. :thmup:

I think saying that Dez and Jason Witten do the same thing or act in the same way on the field is a giant stretch.  

You may not like to hear it but I think his knuckleheaded nature is part of the thing a GM would consider when determining if he is worth it.  It may be down the list but it is on the list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Probably. I could also see him signing with the Giants to team with Odell Beckham and have it easier as the no2 receiver there. That would honestly open up the pass game for him there and make things a cakewalk. I believe he has a personal vendetta against the cowboys now, so he may sign within the division to extract revenge and prove he shouldn't of been released.

I can see him wanting to stay in the nfc east, but I would think he signs with a competitive team also and there are a lot of questionmarks with the giants and redskins. But if he signed with the giants it could be hilarious. That team could have more drama on a weekly basis than a daytime soap.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I can see him wanting to stay in the nfc east, but I would think he signs with a competitive team also and there are a lot of questionmarks with the giants and redskins. But if he signed with the giants it could be hilarious. That team could have more drama on a weekly basis than a daytime soap.

Saw somewhere that he left Cowboys facility saying he will see them twice a year.

His last 2 seasons are similar to Randy Moss's 2 seasons in Oakland before going to the Patriots.

Bilicheck saw this opportunity coming and traded away Cooks to free up cap space.  I would bet a lot of money he ends up a patriot for 3 years.

I don’t think he sucks I think it’s the qb position along with some nagging injuries he tends to get. His final 3 years with romo before injuries killed them both he averaged 1,000 yards and romo trusted him enough to throw into double coverage whether he was open or not...Dak on the other hand does not take those risk nor does he utilize Bryant’s jump ball ability..he was never super fast or had an amazing route tree but what he can/could do was outjump and muscle the ball away midair 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

His last 2 seasons are similar to Randy Moss's 2 seasons in Oakland before going to the Patriots.

Bilicheck saw this opportunity coming and traded away Cooks to free up cap space.  I would bet a lot of money he ends up a patriot for 3 years.

Well I hate the cheaters but they are a organization that will do whatever it takes to win. And props to teams that want to add talent and give their fans a good product on the field and that goes for the pats too.

• Like 2

Given the fact we tried to sign A. Jeffrey makes me think we could be interested on a similar prove it deal.  He would get to keep playing in a dome and with a top tier QB in Luck.  All of the other teams mentioned are in bad weather with the exception of the Cardinals.  I can see a dome being an attraction with Andrew.  I think Ballard might have a conversation.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well I hate the cheaters but they are a organization that will do whatever it takes to win. And props to teams that want to add talent and give their fans a good product on the field and that goes for the pats too.

You are nothing if not consistent

but 

Dear God...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I think Ballards past has shown he is not afraid to take on “problem” players.

I think if the money is fair or in favor of the Colts. I don’t see how anyone besides the “classy” Colts fans could be against this. :hide:

Well aware of Ballard's willingness to take on problem players.  Perhaps his Marcus Peters experience has given him cold feet.

But more to the point - Bryant's declining production and advancing years make his signing here somewhere between unlikely and really unlikely.

He ain't what he used to be.  That is how this "classy" Colt fan would be against it.  

I’d absolutely pass. But don’t discount the uncertainty surrounding Luck’s shoulder. He is very much a question mark at the moment whether we fans want to acknowledge it or not. Bryant will go where he believes he can win. He doesn’t have much time left. The Colts do not offer either a winning team or a stable QB situation right now. 

2 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Saw somewhere that he left Cowboys facility saying he will see them twice a year.

He will go to where the most money is. Let's be real. That might be an NFC East team...but I doubt it given the cap situations. Something tells me SF. They have money that seems to be burning a hole in their pocket. Jet's are always making dumb moves that go counter to a rebuild effort. Does GB finally go out and get Rodgers a play thing?

I'm torn on this release news of Bryant because on the one hand, this news cycle feeds the Dallas incompetency storyline & yet on the other hand, removing this #88 deadweight actually makes their franchise better. 

%$&#! 

What's my silver lining on Friday the 13th man? Okay, I am happy for Dak Prescott. I do like that kid. 

Jerry Jones will find a way to sabotage the Cowboys just like clockwork. That's my ace in the hole. LOL! 

3 hours ago, our_dbs_rock said:

But if he signed with the giants it could be hilarious

You're a good dude & all ODR, but don't contaminate Big Blue like that....That's not funny man. 

I forgive you & I know it was in jest, but hades no bro. You follow me? Don't give me nightmares man. LOL! 

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

More like Hello New England!! That said SF has a ton of money and need playmakers....Oakland to me would be the best fit. Guess we will wait and see.

Ocho Cinco 2.0? BB won't make that mistake again. I get your reasoning though DGB. Bill does like to go after veteran players. Not this time though. 

The Black Hole has it's renegade charm for has beens, outcasts, & former glory guys who lost their luster. Good choice there. Sean Payton in New Orleans gives older players second chances too, but if you can't produce, you're gone ASAP. 

32 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Redskins have already contacted him. 

Just when I think Daniel Synder has evolved & finally learned that Championships cannot be bought; He does something dumb again. 

What's there to discuss? How Dez drops balls with flair? A route tree? What the hades is that? 

I know; I know. I shouldn't kick a man when he's down & out. My bad. I hope you saved some of your money man. 

The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but she's doing vocal scale warmups in the bathroom. 

Marvin Lewis is your last hope & that is it Dez.