Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deandre Ayton? Why?

Absolutely everyone has Ayton going #1.  What has he done?  I watched Purdue destroy Arizona.  Haarms destroyed Ayton.  I also saw him in the tournament.  He did nothing.  No impact on the game at all.  Half the time he was near the 3 point line.  Has anyone ever seen this guy dominate?  I also see Mikal Bridges from Villanova going in the top ten.  I don't watch them much, but in the tournament games I noticed Brunson, Spellman, Paschall, and of course Divincenzo went nuts.  I never noticed Bridges.  Is Miles Bridges from the Sparties a lottery pick?  It just seems this draft is super weak at the top.  Ayton #1 is truly mystifying.

21 hours ago, PowerballBlue said:

Absolutely everyone has Ayton going #1.  What has he done?  I watched Purdue destroy Arizona.  Haarms destroyed Ayton.  I also saw him in the tournament.  He did nothing.  No impact on the game at all.  Half the time he was near the 3 point line.  Has anyone ever seen this guy dominate?  I also see Mikal Bridges from Villanova going in the top ten.  I don't watch them much, but in the tournament games I noticed Brunson, Spellman, Paschall, and of course Divincenzo went nuts.  I never noticed Bridges.  Is Miles Bridges from the Sparties a lottery pick?  It just seems this draft is super weak at the top.  Ayton #1 is truly mystifying.

Wow....you watch very little college basketball. It’s like my favorite thing to watch and cable has like a million channels showing games all over the country. Both those guys are legit lottery picks. You literally took a college freshman’s first game and judged his whole career based on it against a seasoned senior. Id compare Ayton to a young Olajuwon with a 3 pointer. Then you took like the last game of the season to judge another. Although I will admit Villanova is loaded with talent. I don’t know who you follow but these kids were legit all Americans and have huge upsides. I’m not sure Ayton goes number 1 but he is a top 5 pick and would be basically any year. What teams have you been watching because you missed a lot of great college basketball this year it seems.

On 4/16/2018 at 11:24 AM, PowerballBlue said:

I mostly watched the tournament and Purdue games, but someone who did catch my eye was Bates-Diop.  He could completely neutralize stretch 4's.  He'd be tough in the paint, and he plays smart. 

Yeah Diop could be a late lottery pick. I think bigs that stretch the defense and 3&d guys will be the big focus. So Ayton, Bamba, Carter Jr., and Bagley and both Bridges...Knox...Trey  Young and a couple foreign guys will be named to watch. Big Ten was down this year so not a lot of talent I’d say outside Diop, Jackson and Bridges. Ayton might go #1 but mostly because the Suns likely will have the top pick and they are good at guard position with Booker and Jackson at Sf so a big makes most sense.

• Like 1