Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 Compensatory Picks - Colts slated to receive a 4th and 7th round pick(as it stands right now)

According to overthecap: https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/ the Colts seem to be slated to receive a 4th and a 7th round compensatory picks for next year as it stands right now. The Colts latest two signings(Goode and Acker) seem to be non-qualifying UFAs so they don't factor into the calculations. We probably will be getting more 

• Indianapolis Colts
    Qualifying UFAs Lost: 5 Qualifying UFAs Gained: 3
    Name Rd. APY Rank Name Rd. APY Rank
    Donte Moncrief 4 $9,600,000 98  
    Rashaan Melvin 6 $5,500,000 294 Denico Autry 6 $5,933,333 273
    Barkevious Mingo 6 $3,400,000 455 Ryan Grant 6 $5,000,000 312
    Jon Bostic 7 $2,000,000 652 Matt Slauson 7 $3,000,000 497
    Frank Gore 7 $1,105,000 850  
    Non-Qualifying UFAs Lost Non-Qualifying UFAs Gained
      Najee Goode   $790,000 1031
      Kenneth Acker   $9,999 2230

Very good news. There's a chance we lose the 7th due to a FA signing or the other teams all having higher compensatory picks and bumping the Gore pick out of the top 32, but at worst, we'll have a 4th rounder, and I trust Ballard enough where he'll know not to lose it.

these comp picks dont move the needle for me

we have not had a 4th round pick or later post more than one decent season since mcafee in 2009 

i like mack as a backup from last year.  hairstone played a lot, but he looked like just a guy at best, and at times down right bad 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Hairston was not bad at all

i disagree

he had some really bad games, especially later in the season.  he was ok/good early on imo 

pff trashed him. i didnt think he was terrible but they did, after watching and grading every snap he took 

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

these comp picks dont move the needle for me

we have not had a 4th round pick or later post more than one decent season since mcafee in 2009 

i like mack as a backup from last year.  hairstone played a lot, but he looked like just a guy at best, and at times down right bad 

We're under new management.   Just because we haven't done something in a while, doesn't mean we'll never do it again...

Let's give this front office a fair chance  to clean up the mess that they inherited....

52 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i disagree

he had some really bad games, especially later in the season.  he was ok/good early on imo 

pff trashed him. i didnt think he was terrible but they did, after watching and grading every snap he took 

Yeah okay

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Yeah okay

Yep. 

The problem was the Jaguars game on the road where he was roasted for 2 TDs by Keelan Cole of the Jags via Bortles distorted what he did good for the season and people just hang on to that. It is like focusing on a few dirty specks on a primarily clean wall. Nothing or no one is perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We're under new management.   Just because we haven't done something in a while, doesn't mean we'll never do it again...

Let's give this front office a fair chance  to clean up the mess that they inherited....

thats spanning three gms, not just grigson 

mack was ok from last year, the others -meh.  im not giving up on ballards late picks yet, but im not sure any of them are starters either