Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL removes Color Rush

TKnight24

24 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Good riddance.

Those things were terrible..Ours looked 90+% the same.  Then those hideous oranges and greens and yellows. 

Those things were dumb from the get go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Welp, R.I.P. to the all blue Colts uniforms. I actually liked those 

Now back to being boring & plain for good 

:sigh: 

Is this true.?   Thank God

It was physically difficult to watch the games with uniforms that looked like they were victims of a paint shop explosion...they actually hurt your head to look at them.

Thank You Jesus!!!!

• Like 1

Personally, I couldn't stand the color rush idea. I don't even like all the stupid multiple uniforms and helmets teams have, both college and professional. At times it seems like it's a fashion show rather than a sporting event. I know I sound like an old grump (although I'm only 33) but to me it has become less about the game and more about flash and style.

• Like 2

My favorite uniform ruling ever was when the league said teams can't use throw back helmets with their throwback uni's citing player safety......it wasn't like teams were trotting out there in leather skull caps, they were changing the color or logo of modern helmets, but the league must have been afraid that throw back colors and logo's would lead to more injuries because they were older styles.....

12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Our board must be full of senior citizens lol

Hahahaha. That's instantly what I thought when scrolling through.

"Those damn color rush jerseys gave me diabetes, good riddance!!"

*Drives away on their Rascal Scooter*

• Like 3

I know personally, I always enjoy seeing what the University of Nike (Oregon) Ducks wear throughout the season but I'm also a fan of classic uniforms like the Chicago Cubs, New York Yankees, and even the Colts. I do think it would be cool if they did have one alternate uniform that was Indianapolis exclusive and not a throwback to the Baltimore era.

• Like 1

A couple thing I thought.

- I'm glad they are doing away with it.   Never liked the gimmick. 

- Bummer that the communication was poor because the Titans just released their new uniform designs and the "color rush" was one of them.  Wasted design money and time as well as wasted resources to make them.

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

A couple thing I thought.

- I'm glad they are doing away with it.   Never liked the gimmick. 

- Bummer that the communication was poor because the Titans just released their new uniform designs and the "color rush" was one of them.  Wasted design money and time as well as wasted resources to make them.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/expect-changes-to-color-rush-in-2018-but-the-nfl-isnt-scrapping-the-uniforms-altogether/

Not quite 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Welp, R.I.P. to the all blue Colts uniforms. I actually liked those 

Now back to being boring & plain for good 

:sigh: 

lol the NFL will no longer use color rush uniforms on THURSDAY night football lol.

They got us all on a play on words.. now they can use the jerseys on Sunday and Monday too. Like the Giants and Cowboys did

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Lol....not to start anything but white is a color too lol. Never understood the logic of differentiating people based on their color.

Oh, I didn't think about that.  I didn't think about her being black when I used the image, I just like her reaction.

I didn't mean color as in black/white, I just meant all color.

michael-scott-the-office.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Oh, I didn't think about that.  I didn't think about her being black when I used the image, I just like her reaction.

I didn't mean color as in black/white, I just meant all color.

michael-scott-the-office.jpg

Gotcha....see...evidentally it was me that saw color lol...I didn't mean to say that you were...it was all in good fun.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Gotcha....see...evidentally it was me that saw color lol...I didn't mean to say that you were...it was all in good fun.

No worries.

I went back and looked at my posts... I think I might have accidentally made Clint Eastwood look like an old racist white guy...

tenor.gif?itemid=5134244

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

No worries.

I went back and looked at my posts... I think I might have accidentally made Clint Eastwood look like an old racist white guy...

tenor.gif?itemid=5134244

ha ha ha...no I didn't see it that way...just a crankie old man that still looks like he could kick your butt! If you did imply that....I said I want to be like him when I get old....so that would make me look AWFUL!!! So no way I took it that way lol! And great gifs!!!