Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Incognito retires

ColtsBlueFL

Richie Incognito retires-

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/204116-richie-incognito-retires-via-twitter-now-confirmed/

@68INCOGNITO just told me the following: "I'm, done. That's it. It's been a long career. Went to the doctor. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me. It's just about doing what's right. I just want to be in the Hall of Fame." Full story to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/204116-richie-incognito-retires-via-twitter-now-confirmed/

@68INCOGNITO just told me the following: "I'm, done. That's it. It's been a long career. Went to the doctor. My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me. It's just about doing what's right. I just want to be in the Hall of Fame." Full story to come.

I lost my Lacy to kidney failure. Picture of her as my avatar.

My prayers go out to him for a long, active, non-restrictive life. But to a long life at the very least.

I'm sure he has the money and health insurance to receive the best health care available and that is priceless.

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

My prayers go out to him for a long, active, non-restrictive life. But to a long life at the very least.

I'm sure he has the money and health insurance to receive the best health care available and that is priceless.

Found out more in a Vic Carrucci interview.  Doctors told him he had these issues, and they are correctable but changes had to be made.  Evidently his high carb / high protein diet wasn't helping any either.

Sorry about your loss. :(

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

yikes kidney and liver shut down?!  That sucks for him though. 

20 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

:sorry: So sorry to hear that

55 minutes ago, csmopar said:

yikes kidney and liver shut down?!  That sucks for him though. 

Yes, but I feel it could relate to the medication he might take to get on the field each week, and hits to those areas, etc.  As I mention above, I heard Vic Carrucci elaborate that the doctor told him that this can be corrected, but changes are necessary.  Retiring might be the first huge step and Richie appears to take it seriously. We will see how much if Bills offer more money to stay, and Incognito doesn't accept the offer.  I believe he has until Sunday to change his mind, still.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

She is beautiful.. I can't express the sorrow I feel for you. I pray that God will lift you up and hold you close to him. Keep your head up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

He can't stay out of trouble-

His dad recently died and he was at the funeral home in Scottsdale, AZ when-

"Incognito reportedly was upset with staff and began to damage property inside the business and shout at employees. At several points during his contact with staff, Incognito threatened to retrieve guns from his vehicle and return to shoot the employees. "

Incognito "created a disturbance" by "acting erratically" and at one point making a "gun gesture toward one of the employees," per Florio. Police reports indicated that Incognito also said he had guns in his truck, which proved to be true after police located and impounded weapons in his vehicle.

He also wanted to go into broadcasting after the NFL.  I think both are in permanent jeopardy now.

• Like 1

Love it how the media follows people around to justify their little narratives and ideology.  They kept following Lawrence Phillips around way after he was done with football.  I guess people need constant validation of opinions they had once upon a time.  Sad that they have so little confidence in them when they're made.