Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck will speak with media tomorrow

TKnight24

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The only thing I took from that is that he kind of sort of alluded to something that we've debated here and that's that he didn't do this injury any favors playing in the 15'/16' season. That kind of get's back to the how did this even get this far out of hand question. 

What I got from it that it looks as though he won’t throw a real football until training camp. IMO

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The only thing I took from that is that he kind of sort of alluded to something that we've debated here and that's that he didn't do this injury any favors playing in the 15'/16' season. That kind of get's back to the how did this even get this far out of hand question. 

That's the thing I was also thinking. It's never good to try to play through a serious injury. Thinking it's going to get better with the type of injury Luck suffered with the way he played hurt in the long term.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

What I got from it that it looks as though he won’t throw a real football until training camp. IMO

I think he'll be throwing a real football sometime this summer...

But if we're only talking about Colts practices, then I'd say yes, not until camp begins in late July. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

But if we're only talking about Colts practices, then I'd say yes, not until camp begins in late July. 

Yeah. what I meant was in a Colts team practice he won't throw this spring at all. JMO

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe that's the plan?  We just have to show patience and not get too crazy with all the conspiracy thoughts.

Yes, this team requires us a lot of patience. It's tough this waiting game but that's just a big part of being a fan of this team right now. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah. what I meant was in a Colts team practice he won't throw this spring at all. JMO

Oh...   I think he'll throw...   but nothing serious...   I think the throwing will be light and not even close to full speed...

It may not happen until May, but it will happen.

So he admits that throwing on a bum shoulder was not the right thing to do.  Go figure.  So how does it work in the NFL, does a player have the right to unilaterally decide to play every down despite not realizing or wanting to admit he's putting his career in significant harm?

its common sense that when one part of the shoulder is torn, not just sore but physically compromised, the rest of the parts of the joint will have to compensate when under stress, putting those parts under stress. 

Yeah, sure, you can't do further damage to a torn labrum, its already torn, but what about everything else.  Its like a doctor telling Captain Hook "Its ok to just keep doing what you're doing because you can't hurt the hand anymore".  Can't believe that someone in the organization didn't have the authority to override Luck and bench him.

The presser did not instill confidence in his return from any corner of the media, except from the locals that I've seen. Not that it matters, but it's being treated as a jug of gas on the fire. 

It's April 9th. 

I didn't expect to be stressing this one way or the other on April 9th.

19 hours ago, Smonroe said:

“I had so much fun not playing last year that I’m going to do it again.   This will give Mr. Ballard another year to build a line.

Thank for your time, see you next year.  I’m off to Europe!”

Your last line was twisted. Funny, but twisted SME. Didn't expect that. Well played sir; well played. 

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

"Yeah, no, feeling great."

"Feeling where I'm supposed to be."

"It's a long process but I'm happy at my progress."

I'm assuming it's more of the same mumbo jumbo. But it's good to see Luck. 

I kind of like double speak coach press talk which tells the audience nothing. Yes, I know. I despised Ryan Grigson when he did that because I expect more from a GM to their fanbase. 

I find comfort & familiarity in non answers from my QB. You know like everything is on schedule when they drop cliche jargon on the reports assembled there. 

What would scare me more is if Luck said, "Do you really wanna know where I'm at? Cancel all previous engagements folks we're gonna be here awhile folks. Start brewing some coffee. No decaf. Thanks." 

It's like when you ask a friend or co-worker how they are doing today? We don't want the truth man. Come on. haha 

Once that happens, run for hills! Just joking. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You know what Luck should do. Stroll into the room, exchange pleasantries with the reporters briefly, invite everybody outside on the field, throw 1 long pass to Hilton, & say, "now that I've cleared the air. Let's go back inside & talk about football again shall we? Sound good? Works for me man."  

The visualization of 1 successful bomb completion would be huge for this fan base's psyche. And 1 throw with a ball shouldn't mess up Chewbacca's shoulder at all. Actions speak louder than words. 

INDY breathes a collective sigh of relief & reassurance. Page officially turned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You know what Luck should do. Stroll into the room, exchange pleasantries with the reporters briefly, invite everybody outside on the field, throw 1 long pass to Hilton, & say, "now that I've cleared the air. Let's go back inside & talk about football again shall we? Sound good? Works for me man."  

The visualization of 1 successful bomb completion would be huge for this fan base's psyche. And 1 throw with a ball shouldn't mess up Chewbacca's shoulder at all. Actions speak louder than words. 

INDY breathes a collective sigh of relief & reassurance. Page officially turned. 

Ya if only. This still isn’t a good sign he isn’t throwing. 

57 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Many athlete never return from injuries in modern medicine history.

Very True. Ive said from the beginning that it certainly is not guaranteed that Luck will return from this 100% and certainly a chance he cant return as an NFL caliber thrower. This information from him today doesn't give me a lot of confidence that he'll be ready for the season or any season.

1 minute ago, needanoline63 said:

Ya if only. This still isn’t a good sign he isn’t throwing. 

Look, I get it. Nobody wants Luck out for another season again. My apologizes to Jacoby Brissett who I like BTW & who did improve as the season progressed too. 

Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part. We all want Andrew back at full strength no doubt. We are in April now. I wouldn't get anxious until say late July & we haven't seen him throw a pigskin yet. 

I'd just like Luck to throw say 1 hail mary pass to silence the critics & keep the wolves at bay from the front door. I'm not gonna lie to ya NL63. Optics mean everything coming off a major surgery. I'm no doctor, but some live action by our QB would go a long ways toward Colts peace of mind that's for sure. 

There's a very reasonable explanation for why an injury that should have taken 6-9 months to recover from is now going on 16 months, with no end in sight: The biceps tendon is not healthy. If true, it's only a matter of time before inflammation gets worse, forcing Luck and the Colts to reassess the situation. 

What steps did Luck skip and who allowed him to skip said steps?  They keep talking about not skipping steps like it's an excuse as to why he's not back.  Luck and the Colts sound like they don't know what is going to happen.  

My issue is that there has been very little definitive answers to what exactly is the problem. Maybe I missed it. Did he say today where his shoulder hurts? Does he have pain? Is there any medical mumbo-jumbo that defines his problem? I heard Bruce Murray on NFLSiriusXM say today that most players with shoulder surgeries heal in 4-5 months. Sure, he's generalizing, but just what is the issue with Luck's injury? Joint? Muscle? Tendon? Something else?

I mean I drank the Colts' Kool-Aid in 2017 and kept waiting for him to return until it became obvious he wasn't going to. At least now they're not saying when he might return. Only that he'll be healthy when he does. I hope I'm still alive by then.

Meanwhile, I hope Jacoby Brissett is studying the playbook and learning how to get rid of the ball quicker.

• Like 2

Just to play devil's advocate for a second as a hypothetical exercise...

Let's assume for the moment that no fan wishes Luck ill will, but for whatever reason, Andrew's football playing days are over. Next year's draft sucks for quarterbacks & all the quality ones in 2018 will be off the board pretty quick in 2018. Not only that Jim Irsay would still be paying Luck in dead cap space money so therefore, as the old adage goes; "the grass isn't always greener on the other side" even if, God forbid, a new direction was warranted. 

I get that people are nervous & they have every right to be uneasy. That is their right. However, starting over at the most important position in football is a disaster. Just look at Denver who has never been the same since Manning left Colorado. All we can do is ride out the storm, keep our fingers crossed, & be patient for now. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SouthDakotaColt said:

My issue is that there has been very little definitive answers to what exactly is the problem.

That's a fair criticism SDC. No adequate updates of precisely where Luck is at. It's dicey though when medical records are involved. Privacy vs public domain or the right to know as fans. It almost feels like trade secrets protection on a new stealth bomber at the Pentagon. You know, Jimmy wants to protect the investment he spent a boat load of money on i.e. Luck. Ergo information on his health & prognosis comes out in slow, glacier moving drips which frustrate the loyal fanbase. 

What the golden rule again? He/she who has the gold makes all the rules. Jimmy & the medical staff are holding all the cards now. 

I get your premise though SDC. It's the same reason I dislike Cancer researchers/callers. They want our donations annually, but they can never give us a window into whatever advancements they have made with our financial contributions. I believe in research that saves lives. I just want to know that my money & trust in institutions is being spent wisely. 

I understand SDC. You just want a snapshot of Luck's health as it stands right now something concrete that can be verified.  

19 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Just to play devil's advocate for a second as a hypothetical exercise...

Let's assume for the moment that no fan wishes Luck ill will, but for whatever reason, Andrew's football playing days are over. Next year's draft sucks for quarterbacks & all the quality ones in 2018 will be off the board pretty quick in 2018. Not only that Jim Irsay would still be paying Luck in dead cap space money so therefore, as the old adage goes; "the grass isn't always greener on the other side" even if, God forbid, a new direction was warranted. 

I get that people are nervous & they have every right to be uneasy. That is their right. However, starting over at the most important position in football is a disaster. Just look at Denver who has never been the same since Manning left Colorado. All we can do is ride out the storm, keep our fingers crossed, & be patient for now. 

Which is why moving from 3 to 6 was risky. A handful of 2nd round picks is not worth having a potential franchise qb, the most important position in sports. A Darnold, Rosen, Allen would have been great insurance incase Luck is not there for us going forward. And certainly if Luck would have been ok our rookie qb could have been flipped for several #1's and #2's.

For what I heard today I really have no confidence in Luck being here for us short or long term. If there's a top 4 qb prospect still left at #6 I think we have to grab him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

A Darnold, Rosen, Allen would have been great insurance incase Luck is not there for us going forward.

Thing is, you don't draft a Darnold or a Rosen as "insurance".  You draft them because "you're moving on".  Which was the position I didn't want to be in at the beginning of April (see my very first mock).

I want to have faith that everything's going to be ok.  But having Luck say that there's a schedule, and he's not telling us what that schedule is, sure makes me think of what was said last year.  Trying not to be nervous, and failing at it.

4 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Thing is, you don't draft a Darnold or a Rosen as "insurance".  You draft them because "you're moving on".  Which was the position I didn't want to be in at the beginning of April (see my very first mock).

I want to have faith that everything's going to be ok.  But having Luck say that there's a schedule, and he's not telling us what that schedule is, sure makes me think of what was said last year.  Trying not to be nervous, and failing at it.

Whatever its called "insurance" or "moving on" the colts would have solidified the most important position in sports going forward.

35 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Which is why moving from 3 to 6 was risky. A handful of 2nd round picks is not worth having a potential franchise qb, the most important position in sports. A Darnold, Rosen, Allen would have been great insurance incase Luck is not there for us going forward. And certainly if Luck would have been ok our rookie qb could have been flipped for several #1's and #2's.

For what I heard today I really have no confidence in Luck being here for us short or long term. If there's a top 4 qb prospect still left at #6 I think we have to grab him.

The AntiChrist more or less said the same thing above: "This information from him today doesn't give me a lot of confidence that he'll be ready for the season or any season." 

Just out of curiosity, what exactly did both of you hear in reference to Luck? Are we talking radio interviews? USA Today? Press conferences in INDY? What? 

Look, let me keep it a hundred with you 2, I'm optimistic for a Luck recovery, but I'm open for the slight reality that my worst nightmares have come true & Luck has to walk away from football forever. You guys could be right. I'm not foolish enough to dismiss any negative theory regarding Chewy completely. Am I where you & TAC are now? No, but we are in a fluid situation here that is far from certain. I will own that. 

I'm not questioning your info or your beliefs about Luck LJ or TAC. I just wanna know what gives you gentlemen such pause & trepidation I guess. Give me a clue into your longterm QB fears. What was said by whom that makes you so leery? Just Andrew's lack of throwing. Give me a bone to mull over & chew on please. Or is this just a break in case of emergency QB draft security blanket move? Thanks for your feedback LJ in advance. :hat:

If it's just a bad feeling in your gut, are we talking like roller coaster queasiness that subsides quickly or like Bruce Willis/terrorist Die Hard reservations? LOL! Hopefully, the former not the latter. 

I'm honestly closer to thinking he'll never take another snap.  

This is totally disheartening.   

The fact that he hasn't been throwing a full size football yet is a gigantic red flag.      

Something is VERY wrong.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

The AntiChrist more or less said the same thing above: "This information from him today doesn't give me a lot of confidence that he'll be ready for the season or any season." 

Just out of curiosity, what exactly did both of you hear in reference to Luck? Are we talking radio interviews? USA Today? Press conferences in INDY? What? 

Look, let me keep it a hundred with you 2, I'm optimistic for a Luck recovery, but I'm open for the slight reality that my worst nightmares have come true & Luck has to walk away from football forever. You guys could be right. I'm not foolish enough to dismiss any negative theory regarding Chewy completely. Am I where you & TAC are now? No, but we are in a fluid situation here that is far from certain. I will own that. 

I'm not questioning your info or your beliefs about Luck LJ or TAC. I just wanna know what gives you gentlemen such pause & trepidation I guess. Give me a clue into your longterm QB fears. What was said by whom that makes you so leery? Just Andrew's lack of throwing. Give me a bone to mull over & chew on please. Or is this just a break in case of emergency QB draft security blanket move? Thanks for your feedback LJ in advance. :hat:

I am not certain Luck will be our qb or not. I don't think you, or ballard or Irsay or anyone in local or national media do either. And if he does come back no one knows for certain what level he will play at. And regardless of what level no one knows for certain how long he will stay healthy. He may come back and play at a Unitas level for the next decade. Or he may not. The thing is it's UNKNOWN. Which is why drafting a potential franchise qb as insurance wouldn't have been a bad idea.

You said yourself next years draft doesn't have a good qb prospect. Good QB's don't grpw on trees. They are very hard to come by. Much harder than a Guard, a linebacker etc... So when your franchise qb's health is in question And you have a top 3 draft pick in a qb draft class that is ppssibly the best since '83, drafting one would have been the safe, smart thing to do. Especially when you can flip him for a big haul if Luck turns out ok.

As far as what makes me leary of Luck's future? Well, he's a qb and he has a bad shoulder. He still is not throwing a real football. Even 14 months or so after surgery. And all the secrecy that surrounds the situation sure doesn't help.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

If it's just a bad feeling in your gut, are we talking like roller coaster queasiness that subsides quickly or like Bruce Willis/terrorist Die Hard reservations? LOL! Hopefully, the former not the latter. 

Geeze SW1...I believe the poster’s name is called the Anarchist...not the Anti-Christ.  He might not be a popular take on this but my goodness man!  Lol.  You know I’m just having some fun with you buddy.  Ha, ha. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Whatever its called "insurance" or "moving on" the colts would have solidified the most important position in sports going forward.

You’re awful high on guys who were just ok in college.

I don’t have any expectations he ever takes a snap again.

I am of the mind the Jacoby era is upon us.