Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck will speak with media tomorrow

TKnight24

4 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Interesting that first.....there always has to be blame levied when something doesn't go as planned. Second, the blame is often aimed at those who are already negative figures in that persons mind. Case in point, if you don't like our former coach Pagano, it was his fault for letting Luck play, encouraging Luck to play or even forcing him to play. Similar to Mr. Irsay, but with the added caveat of manipulating opinions to drive ticket sales. 

Is it possible that the person you like (um...that would be Luck for most of you), has finally admitted that his own feelings of guilt and denial led him to not be truthful to the team physicians, coaches, and so on.....and played when he shouldn't have. That the medicals showed inconclusive and luck said he was fine and getting better?

Exactly what many on this forum need to read.

• Like 1

Yahoo Sports article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-luck-not-throwing-football-admits-botched-rehab-dont-want-repeat-missteps-013525003.html

Luck’s candid admission that his injury rehab wasn’t handled properly is a bit of a surprise. It’s been an open secret in the NFL that that was the case, made apparent by his unexpected lost 2017 season. But Luck is one of the NFL’s best at quarterback-talk with the media, generally sticking to cliches and avoiding saying anything of much substance or insight.

While it’s refreshing to hear him speak so openly, it’s going to be difficult for Colts fans to trust anything about Luck’s throwing shoulder until he’s back on a field and throwing the ball well and without further injury.

564 Comments mostly all saying they think Luck is finished.

564 reactions

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just shows that Andrew is human, that's all.

Good point. He's not a machine. That's why I liked 1959C's link earlier when the trainer mentioned Luck's rotator cuff needing to be re-aligned or put on track but various exercises to adapt or retrain your muscle memory etc. etc. 

Just cause Andrew hasn't thrown "the duke' yet, it doesn't mean he's not working or regressing. Fans should just be relieved we have a new coaching staff thats aggressive & channel their energy there. 

Some level of calculated fear is fine, but this sky is falling nonsense is complete hogwash. I read ya CC1. 

Most INDY fans would acknowledge that Luck's first 3 yrs in INDY were exciting ones & that Andrew took a considerable beating as well. Let's say for the sake of argument that Luck doesn't throw the duke until July 10. He only plays in the 3rd preseason game for a half & Sept. is a dicey month as he knocks the rust off gradually. Even if we go 9-7 & miss the playoffs to Houston or say the Jags. Would fans still say Chewy is washed up & we need to go in a new direction? I doubt it. 

If the real issue is protection or a lack of a pass rush how is that Andrew's fault? All he can do is convert 3rd downs, maintain possession, & cash in TD's right? 

And even if he can't go this season, most would agree we still have numerous holes to fill on our roster. Therefore, why push for our field general to subject that shoulder to more punishment which would set him further behind? 

It's weird because Luck gets slammed for being too competitive for his own good while at the same time not explaining why he has yet to throw a ball like he's concealing something dire on purpose. So, he's too driven, but not honest enough for the fanbase's liking? LOL! 

And these same naysayers with symbolic pitchforks & torches claiming Luck is done will say they had his back all along if Chewbacca starts stringing together consecutive regular season wins too. Just watch. 

I'm excluding regulars on here I like from my last paragraph. You know who you are. I just don't listen to people on the forum who I don't routinely read weekly. 

• Like 2

On April 10, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Meh.. i dont know what to believe. He looks good, but can't throw a football? Alright, I guess he can be a kicker.. Remember they said he'd be good to go week 1 last year, am i right? Then week 6?

I'm not going to cry over something I can't control. If he plays, great. If not, oh well. Good luck Jacoby

Well said C-1023. Totally reasonable perspective on LUCK right now. I'm cool with criticism or apprehension justified based on what we know right now. 

"He looks good, but can't throw a football? Alright, I guess he can be a kicker.."

Now, that's funny! haha You're a okay in my book man. :thmup:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Most INDY fans would acknowledge that Luck's first 3 yrs in INDY were exciting ones & that Andrew took a considerable beating as well. Let's say for the sake of argument that Luck doesn't throw the duke until July 10. He only plays in the 3rd preseason game for a half & Sept. is a dicey month as he knocks the rust off gradually. Even if we go 9-7 & miss the playoffs to Houston or say the Jags. Would fans still say Chewy is washed up & we need to go in a new direction? I doubt it. 

If the real issue is protection or a lack of a pass rush how is that Andrew's fault? All he can do is convert 3rd downs, maintain possession, & cash in TD's right? 

And even if he can't go this season, most would agree we still have numerous holes to fill on our roster. Therefore, why push for our field general to subject that shoulder to more punishment which would set him further behind? 

It's weird because Luck gets slammed for being too competitive for his own good while at the same time not explaining why he has yet to throw a ball like he's concealing something dire on purpose. So, he's too driven, but not honest enough for the fanbase's liking? LOL! 

And these same naysayers with symbolic pitchforks & torches claiming Luck is done will say they had his back all along if Chewbacca starts stringing together consecutive regular season wins too. Just watch. 

I'm excluding regulars on here I like from my last paragraph. You know who you are. I just don't listen to people on the forum who I don't routinely read weekly. 

I agree with you except the last paragraph. 

I have followed this forum for years. But I just became a member. 

Alot of the regulars on here have % spewing out of both ends. So just because I don't post on a regular basis makes me less informed or incorrect?

Andrew will be back. 

You don't put on weight and size like he has and still have a bad shoulder. I have said it a few times already, I had the same injury Andrew has. You don't look happy and like you have been benching 400 pounds with a bad shoulder or throw anything at all. Him not throwing a football is for his mental. Focus on rehab and not trying to push and get impatient with the process. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

I agree with you except the last paragraph. 

I have followed this forum for years. But I just became a member. 

Alot of the regulars on here have % spewing out of both ends. So just because I don't post on a regular basis makes me less informed or incorrect?

No, not at all A-86. I merely meant that I seldom listen to newcomers who I've never seen before. You're always welcome my friend. It's like a frequency of use thing mixed with a knack for knowing which posters know football inside & out. I would never alienate you man. Trust me. 

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm aware that even SW1 was a newbie at 1 point. In addition, it's fine to lay low for awhile & post sporadically depending on a person's mood or time constraints as well. I just meant that I've always had a knack for knowing who to listen to & who to raise an eyebrow to. 

Your feedback is always welcome to me man. Never forget that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

Andrew will be back. 

You don't put on weight and size like he has and still have a bad shoulder. I have said it a few times already, I had the same injury Andrew has. You don't look happy and like you have been benching 400 pounds with a bad shoulder or throw anything at all. Him not throwing a football is for his mental. Focus on rehab and not trying to push and get impatient with the process. 

You touched on something essential to recovery after a major sports injury A86. The silent fear or doubt that a return is even possible. As in, will your mind allow an athlete to believe that they can overcome this. That's why that first game action is so important. Luck wants to know can I be sacked, roll over, get up, & be okay. This is even more crucial then a successful completion actually. Once Andrew takes that first lick & even gets touched on the same shoulder with live game rounds & feels good, everything will be fine. It's the same reason Rocky III is still my favorite Italian Stallion movie. Sports is all about facing down internal demons & still standing once the smoke clears. 

Uh huh. Chewbacca will be back no question. Luck just needs to know psychologically he can still perform at a high level & that only happens with full blown contact on the field. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Well said C-1023. Totally reasonable perspective on LUCK right now. I'm cool with criticism or apprehension justified based on what we know right now. 

"He looks good, but can't throw a football? Alright, I guess he can be a kicker.."

Now, that's funny! haha You're a okay in my book man. :thmup:

:lol:.. Thanks for making me cry first thing in the morning!! LOL such a clever song

• Thanks 1

For me it's training camp, which is when he himself hopes to be throwing.  It also happens to coincide with him getting ready to start the season.  I don't need to see him play in all 4 P.S. games, but he darn sure better be slingin the rock in practice and playing a little in 3 of those games.  If not then it's my time to worry.

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You touched on something essential to recovery after a major sports injury A86. The silent fear or doubt that a return is even possible. As in, will your mind allow an athlete to believe that they can overcome this. That's why that first game action is so important. Luck wants to know can I be sacked, roll over, get up, & be okay. This is even more crucial then a successful completion actually. Once Andrew takes that first lick & even gets touched on the same shoulder with live game rounds & feels good, everything will be fine. It's the same reason Rocky III is still my favorite Italian Stallion movie. Sports is all about facing down internal demons & still standing once the smoke clears. 

Uh huh. Chewbacca will be back no question. Luck just needs to know psychologically he can still perform at a high level & that only happens with full blown contact on the field. 

Rocky 3 is easily the best out of the 6 made. You even critique movies and agree. Andrew will bounce back, I have no doubt!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rocky 3 is easily the best out of the 6 made. You even critique movies and agree. Andrew will bounce back, I have no doubt!

While I agree that Andrew Luck will bounce back, I have to disagree that Rocky 3 is the best Rocky movie. My favorite has always been Rocky II. In fact Rocky II is my favorite movie of all time. I'm not saying it is the best movie ever made, I'm just saying it is my personal favorite.

How can you watch this and not want to go workout in a junkyard, have some karate chop you in gut, and chase a chicken? What was this thread about again? haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

While I agree that Andrew Luck will bounce back, I have to disagree that Rocky 3 is the best Rocky movie. My favorite has always been Rocky II. In fact Rocky II is my favorite movie of all time. I'm not saying it is the best movie ever made, I'm just saying it is my personal favorite.

How can you watch this and not want to go workout in a junkyard, have some karate chop you in gut, and chase a chicken? What was this thread about again? haha

Yeah the 1st 3 Rocky's were all Great. It's like choosing between the best looking Brunette, Blond, and Red Head - you cant go wrong haha. I grew up watching those movies and what is funny is my mom thinks 2 is the best as well. I think 3 had more action in it and Apollo training Rocky was cool to overcome Clubber's Wrath + Clubber was the best villain anyone could think of.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Rocky 3 might be my favorite movie of all-time, no kidding haha. Not saying it is the best but my favorite. Funny stuff, I can watch that all day. I thought 4 was Good but not like the 1st 3. I hated the way Apollo got killed off. They should've at least had him go 5 or 6 rounds before getting killed. Nobody that great gets killed in 2 rounds, Rocky 4 was too unrealistic IMO but it was still Good. The Drago character was Great and the training scenes by Rocky and Drago were awesome. Rocky 5 stunk, 6 was watchable but should've never been made. He should've stopped at 3 IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I liked everything Luck said. He is a very intelligent person and wisdom and survival have sunk in. Two things stood out, 1.) He will be back. 2.) He will be back only when he is ready and emphasized "ready". As bad as everyone wants him back I don't care if he sits for another season if that is what it takes. He not only needs to recuperate but he has to as he stated, make some changes in his body position while maintaining his throwing motion.

9 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

:lol:.. Thanks for making me cry first thing in the morning!! LOL such a clever song

Happy to help make your day go smoother bro. I should be completing you C-1023. You set me up beautifully with that priceless kicker line. :thmup:

I've posted this video on the forum before. I try not to overdo it except on rare occasions when the situation warrants the Sandler treatment. It really is an ingenious number especially the last verse: "They're going for two." 

I may not always reply, but I pay attention to what you write. Have a good one. Peace out. 

7 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

So, you prefer Rocky II eh? I can respect that. Needs a better soundtrack though. Survivor & Sly are so joined at the hip they are almost a trademark package in my eyes. 

It's been ages since I've watched Rocky II. It might be worth another look now. Gotta love Mickey man. 

Yeah, it's fun to take threads in a new direction once in awhile. Absolutely right. Luck will make a triumphant return. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Yahoo Sports article.

https://sports.yahoo.com/andrew-luck-not-throwing-football-admits-botched-rehab-dont-want-repeat-missteps-013525003.html

564 Comments mostly all saying they think Luck is finished.

564 reactions

Hmmm.  I don't recall the timeline exactly, but wasn't he injured at the time he signed a new contract with guaranteed money?  There are probably injury clauses and such protecting the Colts, but if he represented himself more healthy than he knew he was at the time he signed the contract, I'd think questions about fraud might be asked.

Andrew shouldn't disclose too much.  If he is in fact finished, Irsay may want to revisit what luck said during contract negotiations.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rocky 3 might be my favorite movie of all-time, no kidding haha. Not saying it is the best but my favorite. Funny stuff, I can watch that all day. I thought 4 was Good but not like the 1st 3. I hated the way Apollo got killed off. They should've at least had him go 5 or 6 rounds before getting killed. Nobody that great gets killed in 2 rounds, Rocky 4 was too unrealistic IMO but it was still Good. The Drago character was Great and the training scenes by Rocky and Drago were awesome. Rocky 5 stunk, 6 was watchable but should've never been made. He should've stopped at 3 IMO.

Tremendous post CBE! I agree 1000% with everything you said. Clubber Lang was freaking awesome as a villain who pulverized Balboa in the first matchup. I just loved Mr. T's menacing mohawk & ruthless demeanor. "No, I don't hate Balboa, but I will destroy any man who tries to take what I got...My prediction? Pain." When Mike Tyson was in his heyday as the Heavyweight boxing Champion of the World, he reminded me so much of Mr. T. 

I've always like Carl Weathers AKA Apollo Creed as an actor too. I just watched in 'Predator' last night too. I should tackle that soon too review wise. Still holds up today as a 1987 flick too. Yeah, when Apollo died I was POed. You can't kill Creed man. Retribution is coming you Siberian roid Frankenstein...LOL! I liked the outdoor Russian training scenes too. Very intense. Plus, I gotta a kick out of the symbolism that Drago was a creampuff who did all his fitness regiment inside while Rocky braved the elements outside. The American Eagle dominated the Kremlin Bear baby! Nice. 

Yep, MGM should have stopped the Balboa franchise after Rocky IV, but "Creed" as sort of an independent spinoff was quite good. Micheal B. Jordan & Tessa Thompson made a sweet on screen couple. They really did.  

• Thanks 1