Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck will speak with media tomorrow

TKnight24

29 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

He's going to walk in looking like this:

ByvQmqoCAAEnuTL.png:large

Lol, I remember when we signed Landry, I commented that he was a roid suspension waiting to happen. So many people were like "Nah man, a person can get that big naturally, you're just a hater." We all saw how that turned out. What the heck was Grigson thinking?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

“I had so much fun not playing last year that I’m going to do it again.   This will give Mr. Ballard another year to build a line.

Thank for your time, see you next year.  I’m off to Europe!”

LOL...I keep wondering if Luck is going to wait and see what happens in the draft to know if his shoulder is feeling better. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

LOL...I keep wondering if Luck is going to wait and see what happens in the draft to know if his shoulder is feeling better. 

I just want to hear he’s throwing full size footballs to full size receivers.  With velocity and accuracy.

I wonder if it will be this OTA, the next, camp, or the preseason.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, P'Son said:

He's done.

Maybe but we don't know.  As has often been said, no one's musings or words, including Andrew's, mean anything at this point until he throws and gets hit.  Things seem to be trending upward but we've seen that before.

My personal opinion is that Andrew realized that this shoulder repair was going to be risky and difficult and that's why he put it off for so long. All we can do now is wait to see if his body responds like Chad Pennington's, or if he eventually comes back like the old Andrew Luck but smarter and with an offense that will help him and not literally hurt him.  I'm for dang sure hoping he comes back and I'm excited for this season! 

Even though he doesn't have to give us anything, I'm hoping, like all of us, that we get some legit answered questions and not given strictly cliches like progressing and trending in the right direction.

Say something specific please. Just for the fanbase's sanity at least.

I expect the usual positive optimism Andrew always seems to bring to his press conferences. If there is anything concerning about his shoulder i can guarantee he is not going to talk about it. I will be convinced he is back when he takes the field week 1 and plays the whole game.

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Even though he doesn't have to give us anything, I'm hoping, like all of us, that we get some legit answered questions and not given strictly cliches like progressing and trending in the right direction.

Say something specific please. Just for the fanbase's sanity at least.

I fully expect secrecy and cliches, NFL teams try to keep as much info in house as possible. 

1 minute ago, life long said:

I fully expect secrecy and cliches, NFL teams try to keep as much info in house as possible. 

That's what I feel as well.

I'm hoping for something simple like when a guy is recovering from an ACL and says he's started sprinting, but hasn't started cutting yet or he's been ready just hasn't had any hard training sessions yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

First day he will be stacking Atlas stones.  His new trainer is https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariusz_Pudzianowski

Former World's strongest man. Used to watch the show religiously every year back in the day with Bill Kazmier hosting it. Mariusz absolutely made the field look like children when he won it. Absolutely loved the guy.

• Like 1

Was the Town Hall the last time we heard from Luck? So it's been two months and he's still not ready to throw actual footballs?

I assume there is a purpose to this...like Luck telling everyone that he isn't planning on throwing for several more weeks, so that reporters aren't asking the same question every single day.

Or maybe he will tell us he has been throwing and getting back to it...and the Colts are letting him be the one to announce it. It doesn't seem like Luck's style, but it would certainly be press conference worthy.

17 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Glad that tinfoil is on sale at Kroger. Lots of people gonna need it after he speaks. Just my gut feeling. 

What do you think he says? I honestly have no idea. Probably more of the same and just getting it out of the way...but who really knows.

4 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

What do you think he says? I honestly have no idea. Probably more of the same and just getting it out of the way...but who really knows.

i dont know,  just knowing this forum, no matter what he says, someones or multiple someones will twist it into some conspiracy .

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i dont know,  just knowing this forum, no matter what he says, someones or multiple someones will twist it into some conspiracy .

So if someone tries to put together pieces of the puzzle to figure out what is really going on, it's automatically a conspiracy? You should know as a law enforcement guy that detectives try to solve cases and use evidence to piece together cases all the time. Is it just a conspiracy when they eventually find a murderer by piecing together evidence? This is essentially the same thing we're doing, trying to figure out what has happened with Luck's health with the evidence presented to us.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So if someone tries to put together pieces of the puzzle to figure out what is really going on, it's automatically a conspiracy? You should know as a law enforcement guy that detectives try to solve cases and use evidence to piece together cases all the time. Is it just a conspiracy when they eventually find a murderer by piecing together evidence? This is essentially the same thing we're doing, trying to figure out what has happened with Luck's health with the evidence presented to us.

that's not what i'm talking about.  I'm talking about the ones who, with zero evidence, will claim he's out there to solely sell season tickets or something along those lines. 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

that's not what i'm talking about.  I'm talking about the ones who, with zero evidence, will claim he's out there to solely sell season tickets or something along those lines. 

Well, I have to defend those people to an extent on that. Irsay's timing was very bad when he said Luck was going to play. It coincided with when tickets were sold, then they continually pushed the narrative that he may return. A lot of people will deny that Irsay did that because he's a loved owner in Colts circles, but he's also a businessman, and if he would of said that Brissett was our starting QB for the Colts during the 2017 season before the year started, a lot of casual fans would of backed off going to games, and casuals are the majority of the fanbase.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, I have to defend those people to an extent on that. Irsay's timing was very bad when he said Luck was going to play. It coincided with when tickets were sold, then they continually pushed the narrative that he may return. A lot of people will deny that Irsay did that because he's a loved owner in Colts circles, but he's also a businessman, and if he would of said that Brissett was our starting QB for the Colts during the 2017 season before the year started, a lot of casual fans would of backed off going to games, and casuals are the majority of the fanbase.

I think it's more there was a major set back early on.  The evidence is there more to support that than a lie to sell tickets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I am not sure why you would want to defend those people at all.  If that is what they think, then don't but the tickets, problem solved, simple.

As to the bolded, that would have been interesting considering when Brissett was traded for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I am not sure why you would want to defend those people at all.  If that is what they think, then don't but the tickets, problem solved, simple.

As to the bolded, that would have been interesting considering when Brissett was traded for.

:lol:

The only thing I took from that is that he kind of sort of alluded to something that we've debated here and that's that he didn't do this injury any favors playing in the 15'/16' season. That kind of get's back to the how did this even get this far out of hand question. 

I guess I wonder what you conspiracy theorists want Luck or anyone else to say about his health and timeline. No one knows to the day or hour he may start to throw a football or if he may have a small setback that may cause a slight delay. One thing they are damn well sure of that whatever they say will be held against them if they are not 100% correct. If they feel he is a week or two weeks away and he has a slight setback and it is 3 weeks they will have hell to pay from you critics. Best they keep their thoughts to themselves.