Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would we trade #6 to

Seems odd to trade for a RB with so many good ones in the draft plus our suspect OL. 

There are players I'd make that trade for, but not any RBs... not if it means passing on a chance to draft Chubb at #6... not that it looks like a great chance, atm. Just my opinion, though... I do think both of the RBs mentioned are great players.

• Like 1

With so many quality RB's to be had in both 2nd. and 3rd round, I would quite unhappy with a trade like that.

Only trade I would be willing to do, out of 6, is for a massive haul of picks. 

And it would most likely have to include a first rounder next year as well as a 1st and a 2nd or 3rd this year (depending on the pick in the first round).

Hoping Ballard picks at 6 this year, no matter what.

Cardinals - I might consider it (for 5 seconds) and then offer a response like, "I will take your first this year, and your first next year. You keep Johnson."

Bills - I wouldn't consider it at all. My response would be, "Gimme #12 and #22"

10 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Neither team is going to trade their RB in the first place, and still no because there isn't going to be much of anywhere for them to run unless we seriously fix the guard positions and RT.

The Bills would do that deal in a heartbeat.

1-Now why would we want Johnson? He is in the last year of his contract and either will get paid a big contact next season or be a free agent. He is coming off a pretty serious injury too.

2- Now why do we want McCoy who's contract is over 6 million dollars when we can draft a rookie at rookie scale?

3- The Colts need an impact player and the lower you pick in the draft the odds are that one player who can make an impact will be gone.

Quality over quantity will work with the 7 picks we have in hand.

I don't want us to spend any draft capital on veteran RBs. This includes Jordan Howard, David Johnson or McCoy... RB is the position that is most longevity-challenged in the league and some of those have already suffered serious injuries(Johnson) or are are coming close to the end of their careers(McCoy). We are not at a time of the building of our team where we are one RB away from competing. We need a ton of other pieces that have much better longevity projections than a RB to whom you will have to give a contract soon. Build the team and when we are close supplement with high end RB.... or if you want a good RB, at least draft one with less wear on the tires so you will have him on a cheap contract for longer and during his prime as a RB(his rookie contract). Invest our draft capital on players that have the chance to be long-term pieces for the team, not for short-term patchwork that you will either have to pay in 1-2 years or only have them for 1-2 years while we are not ready to compete and then lose them for nothing when we are ready to compete. 

The best way to improve the running game would be to quit fiddling with trade-downs and just draft Quenton Nelson with that #6 pick. I'd much rather have one good, solid future Pro Bowler on that O-line for the next ten years or so than having a bunch of "depth" or "competition" guys picked up by splashing around in the shallow end of the talent pool. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now