Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomDiggs

Saints Sign Cam Meredith to Offer Sheet, 2 years $10M

Curious to see if Bears match that. It is very, very reasonable. I will be mad that we did not get him for that if they choose to not match it.

4 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

Curious to see if Bears match that. It is very, very reasonable. I will be mad that we did not get him for that if they choose to not match it.

Yeah I'm kind of wondering why didn't make an offer?

I thought we were waiting until early May  to make an offer that wouldn't impact the 2019 Compensatory picks.

Apparently not.

There are still some tall WRs out there that I assume Ballard will try and sign in May...    that is, assuming they don't sign with somebody else before then....

Fascinating off-season.....

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Yeah I'm kind of wondering why didn't make an offer?

And i wonder why an old poster like you thinks we didn't get his number from his agent and just passed at that time?
Good grief!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a RFA with a tender only has a certain window of time to sign with a new team.  I believe it is April 20th or so.  Otherwise they stay with their current team.  I think the Bears will match because they have the cap space.  David Irving is still out there and he's the player I would like Ballard to go after.  There is still time and we have the Eberflus connection as well.  Dallas has cap problems and Ballard could be waiting for the right time to sign him.  Of course they could have decided to pass on him as well.  We will know soon enough. 

I think his old wr coach is in New Orleans...so there is a connection there. Maybe he preferred to play there instead of Indy. Dontrelle Inman is still out there so maybe we fall back on him.