Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots acquire 23rd pick

TdungyW/12

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Thanks i couldn’t remember but my point is that he never had a dynasty defense again...and I’m talking talented wise. 

I hate it when I get sucked in to a Pats conversation.  I should have let it go

You are right - Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Tedi Bruschi, Willie McGinest all were drafted before Belichick.

However, Belichick did add Mike Vrabel and Rodney Harrison via free agency, and drafted Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork.

So, it was about 50-50 in favor of Parcells and Carroll doing the leg work for that dynasty defense vs BB. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Thanks i couldn’t remember but my point is that he never had a dynasty defense again...and I’m talking talented wise. 

I hate it when I get sucked in to a Pats conversation.  I should have let it go

100& correct... Bruschi, McGinest, Law, & Milloy were key pieces in the D which guided them to their first 3 SB wins.  All 4 were remnants of the Parcells era.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 11:57 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Is there a reason the Pats and Belichick has been the most fined and lost more draft picks than any other team in NFL history?

This infiltrating the minds of most Colt fans and this forum is sickening to me.

Because they are the most successful team in NFL history. Both punishments didn't fit the crime.

Spygate - Goodell admitted filming gave the Pats little to no advantage. He wanted to show all the NFL teams who the new sheriff in town was. The Patriots were fresh off a 18-1 season and they had 2 #1 picks. Example made.

Deflategate - In the words of Belichick, ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Flying Elvis said:

Because they are the most successful team in NFL history. Both punishments didn't fit the crime.

Spygate - Goodell admitted filming gave the Pats little to no advantage. He wanted to show all the NFL teams who the new sheriff in town was. The Patriots were fresh off a 18-1 season and they had 2 #1 picks. Example made.

Deflategate - In the words of Belichick, ridiculous.

Sorry, when you do the crime, you got to pay for the crime.