Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Manning, Don't Sit Luck!

Grav

Right then lets be brutal, Colts need to cut Manning whatever and start Luck. Andrew Luck does'nt need to sit a year or 2 it will not be of any any benefit to him. Yes Rodgers blah blah blah but he was not as ready as Luck is now. If you sit Luck for a couple of years it will be a total waste! Didn't Manning himself say that the best way to learn is to play. Sorry but its time to move on

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then lets be brutal, Colts need to cut Manning whatever and start Luck. Andrew Luck does'nt need to sit a year or 2 it will not be of any any benefit to him. Yes Rodgers blah blah blah but he was not as ready as Luck is now. If you sit Luck for a couple of years it will be a total waste! Didn't Manning himself say that the best way to learn is to play. Sorry but its time to move on

we'll see if your wish comes true in a week

Duck luck! Dont draft him. Keep Manning. Its time to move on from the Love for luck.

See how completely ignorant that sounds.. now take that and apply it to what you said. Same thing.

For the sake of playing Devil's advocate, Griffin and Luck have both said that they would be willing to sit behind Manning, and Rodgers himself has said it would be beneficial for Luck to sit behind Manning

For the sake of playing Devil's advocate, Griffin and Luck have both said that they would be willing to sit behind Manning, and Rodgers himself has said it would be beneficial for Luck to sit behind Manning

That is what all 3 of them are supposed to say. How would it have sounded if Rodgers said that is sucked sitting behind old man Favre and that he wished Favre would leave? That is probably how he really felt. Rodgers was upset that he fell so far in the draft so why would he be happy about sitting behind Favre? It's all politics.

Colts need to cut Manning whatever and start Luck.

Everytime I read that I pinch myself while hearing Rod Serling give a creepy narrative;

Rod_Serling.jpg-2443.jpg

"Imagine if you will a portrait of the greatest of all time, beloved by his fans, now wandering a desolate plain in search of that which he once took for granted. Through fence slats one peeks a glimpse, an outline, of something between that of a ghost and a man. Ahead of you is a door. You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone".

WARNING; The above comments are not intended for people younger than age 32.

Duck luck! Dont draft him. Keep Manning. Its time to move on from the Love for luck.

See how completely ignorant that sounds.. now take that and apply it to what you said. Same thing.

Unless you are able to move back in time and make Manning 23 again, it is not close to the same thing.

Unless you are able to move back in time and make Manning 23 again, it is not close to the same thing.

Arg, the man opens his mouth and closes his eyes. Thats not my point skinz. Its just portraying it the way he did. 'Just cut him already, move on' type of rants that come off as pure emotion and dislike for Manning. My point has nothing to do with who is moren qualified at this point to be the Colts QB. It is the way some come across in their statements. As he stated in his post so quiet ignorantly, i stated the opposite as ignorantly to show how well, for lack of a better term, emotional, it sounded. Thats all. Nothing more.

That is what all 3 of them are supposed to say. How would it have sounded if Rodgers said that is sucked sitting behind old man Favre and that he wished Favre would leave? That is probably how he really felt. Rodgers was upset that he fell so far in the draft so why would he be happy about sitting behind Favre? It's all politics.

Well, Eli came out and said that he felt that him playing in games was a much better experience than him sitting and learning. They could all say their opinion, they just need to word it properly. No one is going to say "it completely sucked sitting behind that old Favre guy" just the same way no one is going to say "my coaches were stupid for putting me right into the action and not letting me learn". They just need to say it the right way; "I learned more after 3 games I played in than I did in 3 years of sitting and learning" or "I think it would be very beneficial to sit and learn for a year or two". I don't think they said what they were supposed to say because if they felt differently, they would say it in the right words so as to remain classy, but still get their point across

Perhaps we should move forward in time until Luck is capable of playing at a high level in the NFL? If you begin a strict and heavy sleeping pill regimen for the next two years, you will awaken with a full beard and a QB that can get us into the post-season.

Aside from time travel, I suggest we take the middle ground and opt for both.

Everytime I read that I pinch myself while hearing Rod Serling give a creepy narrative;

Rod_Serling.jpg-2443.jpg

"Imagine if you will a portrait of the greatest of all time, beloved by his fans, now wandering a desolate plain in search of that which he once took for granted. Through fence slats one peeks a glimpse, an outline, of something between that of a ghost and a man. Ahead of you is a door. You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone".

Coolest post ever!

Well at least you are honest I'll give you that.

Arg, the man opens his mouth and closes his eyes. Thats not my point skinz. Its just portraying it the way he did. 'Just cut him already, move on' type of rants that come off as pure emotion and dislike for Manning. My point has nothing to do with who is moren qualified at this point to be the Colts QB. It is the way some come across in their statements. As he stated in his post so quiet ignorantly, i stated the opposite as ignorantly to show how well, for lack of a better term, emotional, it sounded. Thats all. Nothing more.

Do you really think anyone wants to cut Manning because they don't like him or are overly emotional about Luck? I don't think that is close to the case at all. I think the emotional bunch are the ones who want to keep Manning no matter the cost. There is complete irrational thought in that, even if it is painful to do.

So his statement is not ignorant or emotional. It is the reality. Cutting him will be hard but very likely the right thing to do.

Perhaps we should move forward in time until Luck is capable of playing at a high level in the NFL? If you begin a strict and heavy sleeping pill regimen for the next two years, you will awaken with a full beard and a QB that can get us into the post-season.

Aside from time travel, I suggest we take the middle ground and opt for both.

The option for both is really a non-starter and makes the least sense.

Rod_Serling.jpg-2443.jpg

Now this is the best thing I have seen, I love the Twilight Zone and I wish it was still running and they could do a whole episode about the Peyton Manning situation

And to be a "team" player because if he says the wrong thing, the rest of the team will remember it.

Exactly. So he doesn't need to say "I'm the best player in the league and I have to be starting from day 1", but he could instead say "from my experiences, it has helped me more to play in a game and experience real game speed rather than sit and learn and many of the people I have talked to have said the same thing to me"

Do you really think anyone wants to cut Manning because they don't like him or are overly emotional about Luck? I don't think that is close to the case at all. I think the emotional bunch are the ones who want to keep Manning no matter the cost. There is complete irrational thought in that, even if it is painful to do.

So his statement is not ignorant or emotional. It is the reality. Cutting him will be hard but very likely the right thing to do.

ACCORDING TO YOU...

Brain dead topic. Manning is throwing right now to Clark and Collie. He will play this year at a high/mvp level. If he can play, he will play for the colts Irsay said. I believe Mr. Irsay is a man of his word and will have Manning under center for the COLTS this year with luck learning/earning behind him. We hit the pot of gold, we hold all the cards, and we will have the 2 best qbs in the nfl playing for the colts! Keep Manning, draft luck and F everyone else. Manning makes the colts better. Unless the colts now are in the business of making other teams better. Wake up! go to the bathroom and please take out what is most important to you before you throw him out in the bath water.

Rod_Serling.jpg-2443.jpg

Nice!

Completely agree. I am kind of tired of the Manning games, and want to be just moved on from him. We can save so much money on the cap every year by just cutting him. As much as I appreciate everything he's done, this is the year we need to move on from him being that we have a stud waiting there for us in Andrew Luck.

I agree Luck is kinda like Manning in how pro ready they are. But i think Griffin is like Rodgers. Griffin would probably benefit from sitting and has a higher potential.

did you forget to look to your own screen name when saying all that about keeping manning, WE NEED other positions, sure if we bring back manning he could play as good as he used to for a couple more seasons 2-3 at most we need defentive tackles that can stop the run, heck I would prefer one that can just get off their blocks on ocassion, we need corners,and if we pay manning that 28 million we will be in worse shape long run then what we are now, Im not even sure that was manning in the video that was leaked or put out their, Manning has ate up enough money as is only way we get him is pay cut, besides whats he gonna do with 28 MORE million, put that money to good use, we have needs

Yeah, why not get the #1 draft pick again and repeat for several years.

Meanwhile Manning will win a championship and another MVP, hopefully for a division rival

If Luck is incapable of earning the job without cutting a player already on the roster maybe he's not the right guy for the squad?

How about we draft him and let him earn his way? At least it'll make the preseason worth watching. :lol:

Yeah, why not get the #1 draft pick again and repeat for several years.

Meanwhile Manning will win a championship and another MVP, hopefully for a division rival

Manning has 2-4 years left, thats if he's going to be healthy.

With Luck its highly unlikely the Colts go to the SB next year or even make the playoffs but even with Manning I don't see the Colts winning it either. I'm not advocating to dump Manning, I just honestly do not think he will be a Colt. Taking off the rose colored glasses my guess is this next year will be a tough year learning the schemes and getting the right players and regardless of the QB it won't be a 14-2 team sweeping the divison. Maybe a year after that or two the Colts will be contenders.

Tell that to Jerry Rice the cap is what made the 49ers let him go...

Not saying we can't cut Manning. I'm just saying we can keep him. If he's healthy and the Colts want him the cap is not an issue, particularly with the rookie cap being what it is.