Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewColtsFan

Wonderlic Scores for 2018 TOP QB's Revealed.....

It's just the top-5.....     no info on any other QB coming out....

The NFL seems to have trouble keeping this info locked down for some odd reason....    leaks out every year....

And here it is....

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/wonderlic-test-scores-nfl-draft-lamar-jackson-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-rosen-2018/1e2jrnn7xb2da1j4e5cfux8u6y

A 13? Yikes. Jackson might be the next Vick, but you got a big project ahead of you especially for a first round pick

Fine it was me, I setup their computers they used for this event /s /jk (except I actually did setup their network for testing)

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

A 13? Yikes. Jackson might be the next Vick, but you got a big project ahead of you especially for a first round pick

Noway he goes in the 1st round. 

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  Not sure why this guy gets so much hype.  Wonder why he's over rated.

Any of you take the Wonderlic test. I did without the aide of a calculator, and my score was only 18. I am sure with a calculator or at least pen and paper I could of scored much higher. So do the Combine players get to use a calculator, is there a time limit? What are the rules?

51 minutes ago, onebad150 said:

Any of you take the Wonderlic test. I did without the aide of a calculator, and my score was only 18. I am sure with a calculator or at least pen and paper I could of scored much higher. So do the Combine players get to use a calculator, is there a time limit? What are the rules?

In order to be an official wonderlic test it has to be timed(12 minutes for 50 questions) and you are not supposed to use a calculator.

There are much better IQ tests than the Wonderlic but the wonderlic tests cognitive reasoning under pressure(in this case time)... can you quickly figure out what is going on.

1 hour ago, onebad150 said:

I got a 32 at footballiqscore.com. Not sure how that test compares to the real Wonderlic.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  Not sure why this guy gets so much hype.  Wonder why he's over rated.

He didn't run the 40.

13 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

lol. Think Jackson needs to switch to WR.

dan marino and jim kelly got 16s.   

johnny manziel got a 32, which was better than peyton manning's score.  

malik hooker got a 17, he seems to be good at reading plays anyway.  i dont think this test is worth much  

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

Care to cite your source?

It probably has a lot to do with memorizing and processing large amounts of data like playbooks....book sense.  But there’s a different type of processing on the field.  Application of data.

41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I doubt he has one because as another poster mentioned, he didn't run the 40 at the Combine nor his Pro Day. I thought he looked decent throwing at his Pro Day. 

Wonderlic Test scores do not predict success in the NFL.

Kellen Clements, Christian Ponder, Ryan Lindley, Matt Linart, Drew Stanton all scored 35. Blaine Gabbert and Drew Henson 42!

Yet Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw scored 16. Jim Kelly, Steve McNair, and Randall Cunningham scored 15 . McNabb 14. Neil O'Donnell 13 like Lamar Jackson. O'Donnell was better than most of the guys who scored above 35.

Others:
Todd Husak (39)
Colin Kaepernick (38)
Ryan Nassib (41)
Sean Mannion (40)
Matt Flynn (38)
Charlie Frye (38)

Jim Sorgi (15)

Jeff George (10)

Kordell Stewart (14)

John David Booty (14)

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Wonderlic Test scores do not predict success in the NFL.

Kellen Clements, Christian Ponder, Ryan Lindley, Matt Linart, Drew Stanton all scored 35. Blaine Gabbert and Drew Henson 42!

Yet Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw scored 16. Jim Kelly, Steve McNair, and Randall Cunningham scored 15 . McNabb 14. Neil O'Donnell 13 like Lamar Jackson. O'Donnell was better than most of the guys who scored above 35.

Others:
Todd Husak (39)
Colin Kaepernick (38)
Ryan Nassib (41)
Sean Mannion (40)
Matt Flynn (38)
Charlie Frye (38)

Jim Sorgi (15)

Jeff George (10)

Kordell Stewart (14)

John David Booty (14)

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

When guys like Marino and Kelly took the wonderlic the players didn't even take it seriously. That's not the case today.

and nobody is saying a high score is a predictor of success, but there is a floor for quarterbacks that will raise a red flag....and should.

8 hours ago, Finball said:

He didn't run the 40.

Oh that's right.  My bad. 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He didn't run the 40.  Of course, for a QB, 40 doesn't matter.  NFL combine results show a ball velocity of 49, by far the slowest.  I read several places that remarked he was not very accurate.

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He didn't run the 40.  Of course, for a QB, 40 doesn't matter.  NFL combine results show a ball velocity of 49, by far the slowest.  I read several places that remarked he was not very accurate.

You still have yet to cite your sources. If he did not run the 40, why did you state that he did and that he performed poorly? 

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

When guys like Marino and Kelly took the wonderlic the players didn't even take it seriously. That's not the case today.

and nobody is saying a high score is a predictor of success, but there is a floor for quarterbacks that will raise a red flag....and should.

Lol. Please share with us when the players started taking it seriously.

These tests mean nothing. Most these guys went to college to play football with a shot at the NFL. Few of them actually care about education. Most universities straight up give their players good grades to be eligible. So we shouldn’t expect high scores from everyone.

23 hours ago, CR91 said:

Jeez. I wonder if people have to help him tie his shoes. :D 

I am hoping he just had one of those days. We all have days where we just don’t function correctly. It’s pretty hard to only get a 13 on a test like that. 

11 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jackson didn't run the 40.

Not at the combine or his pro day.

14 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I am hoping he just had one of those days. We all have days where we just don’t function correctly. It’s pretty hard to only get a 13 on a test like that. 

Didn't Vince Young get a 7?

Edit.

Slight correction. It was a 6. Nice to see the greatest Colts QB of all time is on that list. :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/609895-2011-nfl-draft-10-worst-wonderlic-scores-in-combine-history

9 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Many others have similar scores. Reggie Wayne, Ray Lewis, Neil O'Donnell, Brock Berlin all scored 13. 

Jeff George and Darrell Revis scored 10. Garrett Bolles and Reuben Foster scored 9!

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Please share with us when the players started taking it seriously.

I was quoting Trent Dilfer....who actually played QB in the NFL and just might know a tad more than you. 

you don't think the entire combine process is taken far more seriously now than it was in the 70's and 80's?  Lol. Good lord, the college players start training exclusively for the combine after their season ends.

58 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You still have yet to cite your sources. If he did not run the 40, why did you state that he did and that he performed poorly? 

Sources for what?  I read it like two weeks ago, and I'm not writing an expose' on him.  Google "Lamar Jackson ball velocity" if you want to know.  Also, Josh Allen threw it 62 mph.

20 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

These tests mean nothing. Most these guys went to college to play football with a shot at the NFL. Few of them actually care about education. Most universities straight up give their players good grades to be eligible. So we shouldn’t expect high scores from everyone.

Wonderlic scores might mean very little for most positions. If your job is "see ball, get ball", you could have the IQ of a root vegetable and still be good at it. There are a lot of guys making $miliions on the football field who probably have to unzip to count to eleven (or in JPP's case, ten). QBs, and to a lesser extent, Mikes and Centers need to be a lot more cerebral than their less gifted teammates.

For the highest score ever by an NFL prospect, you have to go way back to the 1975 draft when Pat McInally, punter and WR from Harvard, scored the only perfect 50. He was drafted in the 5th round by the Bengals, and he thinks his score might have actually hurt him.

So, if you're wondering how a Wonderlic score correlates to an IQ score such as the Stanford-Binet:

5 Wonderlic = 60 IQ (You may occasionally need to be reminded not to put your pants on backward)

14 = 85 (You just made the cut-off for the short bus)

22 = 100 (You're pretty much the average bear)

29 = 115 (You can probably survive four years of college without cheating)

36 = 132 (Congratulations, you're qualified for Mensa membership) 

50 = ??? (What are you doing in the NFL? You should be working on your PhD in Physics)

27 minutes ago, BOTT said:

you don't think the entire combine process is taken far more seriously now than it was in the 70's and 80's?

Maybe. I don't believe most of them take the Wonderlic seriously. 

27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sources for what?  I read it like two weeks ago, and I'm not writing an expose' on him.  Google "Lamar Jackson ball velocity" if you want to know.  Also, Josh Allen threw it 62 mph.

You're the one who stated this:

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  

I asked you to cite your sources because I wanted to see if what you wrote was true.

I get it now. You made it up. 

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe. I don't believe most of them take the Wonderlic seriously. 

I would think quarterbacks do. I doubt the rest care much.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Many others have similar scores. Reggie Wayne, Ray Lewis, Neil O'Donnell, Brock Berlin all scored 13. 

Jeff George and Darrell Revis scored 10. Garrett Bolles and Reuben Foster scored 9!

I am very aware. Thanks. :D

17 hours ago, BOTT said:

maybe Jackson didnt take it seriously either 

i dont see how the test means much for football players.  malik hooker got a 17, and the way a safety reads the field isnt that different from how a QB reads it 

i also have not heard many coaches or GMs say they actually care about the wonderlic either 

I think I'm reading a bunch of excuses.  Whenever somebody fails a test, oftentimes they say the test doesn't matter anyway.

I'm sure the NFL professionals know what matters and what doesn't, which might not be the same thing they say in public.

58 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think I'm reading a bunch of excuses.  Whenever somebody fails a test, oftentimes they say the test doesn't matter anyway.

I'm sure the NFL professionals know what matters and what doesn't, which might not be the same thing they say in public.

To the bolded, what the players say is irrelevant.  I don't know any NFL professionals that say it doesn't matter in its entirety, but to my knowledge none of them dismiss it, they just simply remind people that it's not positively correlated with success.  People acknowledge this and to the degree someone scores really low or high, don't excuse it, but aren't going to kill a players draft day grade or bump them up to the first round because of it.  That's all anyone is really saying.

17 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

To the bolded, what the players say is irrelevant.  I don't know any NFL professionals that say it doesn't matter in its entirety, but to my knowledge none of them dismiss it, they just simply remind people that it's not positively correlated with success.  People acknowledge this and to the degree someone scores really low or high, don't excuse it, but aren't going to kill a players draft day grade or bump them up to the first round because of it.  That's all anyone is really saying.

All tests matter to some degree.  If they didn't, they wouldn't be administered.  How much they matter to which team can vary.

When a player, or their agent, says that they scored poorly on the wonderlic test, or the ball velocity test, or the 40, because they decided it doesn't matter, that's either an attitude problem or an excuse, IMO.

You know, you don't really fail if you don't try hard because you don't care, so a lot of people don't care.

I'm not sure how much it means, although I think a really low score should scare you, but here is a link to a similar test:  https://footballiqscore.com/quiz/full-quiz

I took it and got a 28 the first time, similar to Peyton and Drew Brees.  So I may not be smart, but I'm not a total * I guess.   I just canNOT unscramble letters to form a word!  LOL