Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewColtsFan

Wonderlic Scores for 2018 TOP QB's Revealed.....

Recommended Posts

 

It's just the top-5.....     no info on any other QB coming out....

 

The NFL seems to have trouble keeping this info locked down for some odd reason....    leaks out every year....

 

And here it is....

 

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/wonderlic-test-scores-nfl-draft-lamar-jackson-baker-mayfield-josh-allen-rosen-2018/1e2jrnn7xb2da1j4e5cfux8u6y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 13? Yikes. Jackson might be the next Vick, but you got a big project ahead of you especially for a first round pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fine it was me, I setup their computers they used for this event /s /jk (except I actually did setup their network for testing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CR91 said:

A 13? Yikes. Jackson might be the next Vick, but you got a big project ahead of you especially for a first round pick

Noway he goes in the 1st round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  Not sure why this guy gets so much hype.  Wonder why he's over rated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you take the Wonderlic test. I did without the aide of a calculator, and my score was only 18. I am sure with a calculator or at least pen and paper I could of scored much higher. So do the Combine players get to use a calculator, is there a time limit? What are the rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, onebad150 said:

Any of you take the Wonderlic test. I did without the aide of a calculator, and my score was only 18. I am sure with a calculator or at least pen and paper I could of scored much higher. So do the Combine players get to use a calculator, is there a time limit? What are the rules?

In order to be an official wonderlic test it has to be timed(12 minutes for 50 questions) and you are not supposed to use a calculator.

 

There are much better IQ tests than the Wonderlic but the wonderlic tests cognitive reasoning under pressure(in this case time)... can you quickly figure out what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onebad150 said:

Any of you take the Wonderlic test. I did without the aide of a calculator, and my score was only 18. I am sure with a calculator or at least pen and paper I could of scored much higher. So do the Combine players get to use a calculator, is there a time limit? What are the rules?

 

I got a 32 at footballiqscore.com. Not sure how that test compares to the real Wonderlic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  Not sure why this guy gets so much hype.  Wonder why he's over rated.

 

He didn't run the 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

lol. Think Jackson needs to switch to WR.

dan marino and jim kelly got 16s.   

 

johnny manziel got a 32, which was better than peyton manning's score.  

 

malik hooker got a 17, he seems to be good at reading plays anyway.  i dont think this test is worth much  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  Not sure why this guy gets so much hype.  Wonder why he's over rated.

 

Care to cite your source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It probably has a lot to do with memorizing and processing large amounts of data like playbooks....book sense.  But there’s a different type of processing on the field.  Application of data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Care to cite your source?

I doubt he has one because as another poster mentioned, he didn't run the 40 at the Combine nor his Pro Day. I thought he looked decent throwing at his Pro Day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderlic Test scores do not predict success in the NFL.

 

Kellen Clements, Christian Ponder, Ryan Lindley, Matt Linart, Drew Stanton all scored 35. Blaine Gabbert and Drew Henson 42!

Yet Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw scored 16. Jim Kelly, Steve McNair, and Randall Cunningham scored 15 . McNabb 14. Neil O'Donnell 13 like Lamar Jackson. O'Donnell was better than most of the guys who scored above 35.

 

Others:
Todd Husak (39)
Colin Kaepernick (38)
Ryan Nassib (41)
Sean Mannion (40)
Matt Flynn (38)
Charlie Frye (38)

Jim Sorgi (15)

Jeff George (10)

Kordell Stewart (14)

John David Booty (14)

 

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Wonderlic Test scores do not predict success in the NFL.

 

Kellen Clements, Christian Ponder, Ryan Lindley, Matt Linart, Drew Stanton all scored 35. Blaine Gabbert and Drew Henson 42!

Yet Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw scored 16. Jim Kelly, Steve McNair, and Randall Cunningham scored 15 . McNabb 14. Neil O'Donnell 13 like Lamar Jackson. O'Donnell was better than most of the guys who scored above 35.

 

Others:
Todd Husak (39)
Colin Kaepernick (38)
Ryan Nassib (41)
Sean Mannion (40)
Matt Flynn (38)
Charlie Frye (38)

Jim Sorgi (15)

Jeff George (10)

Kordell Stewart (14)

John David Booty (14)

 

http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/

When guys like Marino and Kelly took the wonderlic the players didn't even take it seriously. That's not the case today.

and nobody is saying a high score is a predictor of success, but there is a floor for quarterbacks that will raise a red flag....and should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Finball said:

 

He didn't run the 40.

Oh that's right.  My bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Care to cite your source?

He didn't run the 40.  Of course, for a QB, 40 doesn't matter.  NFL combine results show a ball velocity of 49, by far the slowest.  I read several places that remarked he was not very accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He didn't run the 40.  Of course, for a QB, 40 doesn't matter.  NFL combine results show a ball velocity of 49, by far the slowest.  I read several places that remarked he was not very accurate.

 

You still have yet to cite your sources. If he did not run the 40, why did you state that he did and that he performed poorly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOTT said:

When guys like Marino and Kelly took the wonderlic the players didn't even take it seriously. That's not the case today.

and nobody is saying a high score is a predictor of success, but there is a floor for quarterbacks that will raise a red flag....and should.

 

Lol. Please share with us when the players started taking it seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These tests mean nothing. Most these guys went to college to play football with a shot at the NFL. Few of them actually care about education. Most universities straight up give their players good grades to be eligible. So we shouldn’t expect high scores from everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CR91 said:

A 13? Yikes. Jackson might be the next Vick, but you got a big project ahead of you especially for a first round pick

 

Jeez. I wonder if people have to help him tie his shoes. :D 

 

I am hoping he just had one of those days. We all have days where we just don’t function correctly. It’s pretty hard to only get a 13 on a test like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  Not sure why this guy gets so much hype.  Wonder why he's over rated.

Jackson didn't run the 40.

 

Not at the combine or his pro day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

 

Jeez. I wonder if people have to help him tie his shoes. :D 

 

I am hoping he just had one of those days. We all have days where we just don’t function correctly. It’s pretty hard to only get a 13 on a test like that. 

 

Didn't Vince Young get a 7?

 

Edit.

Slight correction. It was a 6. Nice to see the greatest Colts QB of all time is on that list. :)

 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/609895-2011-nfl-draft-10-worst-wonderlic-scores-in-combine-history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

 

Jeez. I wonder if people have to help him tie his shoes. :D 

 

I am hoping he just had one of those days. We all have days where we just don’t function correctly. It’s pretty hard to only get a 13 on a test like that. 

 

Many others have similar scores. Reggie Wayne, Ray Lewis, Neil O'Donnell, Brock Berlin all scored 13. 

 

Jeff George and Darrell Revis scored 10. Garrett Bolles and Reuben Foster scored 9!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Lol. Please share with us when the players started taking it seriously.

I was quoting Trent Dilfer....who actually played QB in the NFL and just might know a tad more than you. 

 

you don't think the entire combine process is taken far more seriously now than it was in the 70's and 80's?  Lol. Good lord, the college players start training exclusively for the combine after their season ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

You still have yet to cite your sources. If he did not run the 40, why did you state that he did and that he performed poorly? 

Sources for what?  I read it like two weeks ago, and I'm not writing an expose' on him.  Google "Lamar Jackson ball velocity" if you want to know.  Also, Josh Allen threw it 62 mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

These tests mean nothing. Most these guys went to college to play football with a shot at the NFL. Few of them actually care about education. Most universities straight up give their players good grades to be eligible. So we shouldn’t expect high scores from everyone.

1

Wonderlic scores might mean very little for most positions. If your job is "see ball, get ball", you could have the IQ of a root vegetable and still be good at it. There are a lot of guys making $miliions on the football field who probably have to unzip to count to eleven (or in JPP's case, ten). QBs, and to a lesser extent, Mikes and Centers need to be a lot more cerebral than their less gifted teammates.

 

For the highest score ever by an NFL prospect, you have to go way back to the 1975 draft when Pat McInally, punter and WR from Harvard, scored the only perfect 50. He was drafted in the 5th round by the Bengals, and he thinks his score might have actually hurt him.

 

So, if you're wondering how a Wonderlic score correlates to an IQ score such as the Stanford-Binet:

5 Wonderlic = 60 IQ (You may occasionally need to be reminded not to put your pants on backward)

14 = 85 (You just made the cut-off for the short bus)

22 = 100 (You're pretty much the average bear)

29 = 115 (You can probably survive four years of college without cheating)

36 = 132 (Congratulations, you're qualified for Mensa membership) 

50 = ??? (What are you doing in the NFL? You should be working on your PhD in Physics)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BOTT said:

you don't think the entire combine process is taken far more seriously now than it was in the 70's and 80's?

 

Maybe. I don't believe most of them take the Wonderlic seriously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sources for what?  I read it like two weeks ago, and I'm not writing an expose' on him.  Google "Lamar Jackson ball velocity" if you want to know.  Also, Josh Allen threw it 62 mph.

 

You're the one who stated this:

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Jackson also had a slow 40 time, poor accuracy, and poor velocity in the combine tests.  

 

I asked you to cite your sources because I wanted to see if what you wrote was true.

 

I get it now. You made it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Maybe. I don't believe most of them take the Wonderlic seriously. 

I would think quarterbacks do. I doubt the rest care much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

Many others have similar scores. Reggie Wayne, Ray Lewis, Neil O'Donnell, Brock Berlin all scored 13. 

 

Jeff George and Darrell Revis scored 10. Garrett Bolles and Reuben Foster scored 9!

 

I am very aware. Thanks. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BOTT said:

When guys like Marino and Kelly took the wonderlic the players didn't even take it seriously. That's not the case today.

and nobody is saying a high score is a predictor of success, but there is a floor for quarterbacks that will raise a red flag....and should.

maybe Jackson didnt take it seriously either 

 

i dont see how the test means much for football players.  malik hooker got a 17, and the way a safety reads the field isnt that different from how a QB reads it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i also have not heard many coaches or GMs say they actually care about the wonderlic either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm reading a bunch of excuses.  Whenever somebody fails a test, oftentimes they say the test doesn't matter anyway.

 

I'm sure the NFL professionals know what matters and what doesn't, which might not be the same thing they say in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think I'm reading a bunch of excuses.  Whenever somebody fails a test, oftentimes they say the test doesn't matter anyway.

 

I'm sure the NFL professionals know what matters and what doesn't, which might not be the same thing they say in public.

To the bolded, what the players say is irrelevant.  I don't know any NFL professionals that say it doesn't matter in its entirety, but to my knowledge none of them dismiss it, they just simply remind people that it's not positively correlated with success.  People acknowledge this and to the degree someone scores really low or high, don't excuse it, but aren't going to kill a players draft day grade or bump them up to the first round because of it.  That's all anyone is really saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

To the bolded, what the players say is irrelevant.  I don't know any NFL professionals that say it doesn't matter in its entirety, but to my knowledge none of them dismiss it, they just simply remind people that it's not positively correlated with success.  People acknowledge this and to the degree someone scores really low or high, don't excuse it, but aren't going to kill a players draft day grade or bump them up to the first round because of it.  That's all anyone is really saying.

All tests matter to some degree.  If they didn't, they wouldn't be administered.  How much they matter to which team can vary.

 

When a player, or their agent, says that they scored poorly on the wonderlic test, or the ball velocity test, or the 40, because they decided it doesn't matter, that's either an attitude problem or an excuse, IMO.

 

You know, you don't really fail if you don't try hard because you don't care, so a lot of people don't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how much it means, although I think a really low score should scare you, but here is a link to a similar test:  https://footballiqscore.com/quiz/full-quiz

 

I took it and got a 28 the first time, similar to Peyton and Drew Brees.  So I may not be smart, but I'm not a total * I guess.   I just canNOT unscramble letters to form a word!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Chad Kelly needs to play the final 3 games. Houston and Tenn are both 8-5 and will face Sunday, so we are eliminated anyway. Play Kelly and see what you have in him. If we're lucky, he'll look great and we won't have to draft a QB early in the draft next year. Nothing to gain from starting Brissett and Hoyer. Brissett is regressing and Hoyer is who he is. See what you have in Kelly.
    • The root of the problem goes back to Grigson, who couldn't draft an O-Line for Luck to save his life. It ultimately forced Luck to retire and it put us in the situation we are in today. We went from a possible SB contender to a team that is struggling to make the playoffs. Don't let Ballard fool you, it is about one person, it was about Luck just like it was about Manning. The QB is half the value of the team. I'm guessing Luck was worth 5 wins this year. We have been set back 3 years and our QB of the future is not on this roster.   Basically, we're not doing crap until we fill the QB position with solid play, and that could take years. I'm at the point where I don't care until I see who we draft. Rest of this season is meaningless unless Chad Kelly starts a game or two and dominates.
    • Brissett is a bad QB. He takes too long to throw the ball because he's scared to make a mistake. Won't throw deep. Won't scramble. Poor field vision. Makes an elite O-Line average at pass-blocking. Has regressed since teams have tape on him. Has trouble putting up any sort of yards or points unless we run for 100+ yards per game. Can't carry the team or lead it to victory. He's easily replaceable. Potential all but gone. He's done like dinner. Not even fun to watch.   I don't care who we draft at QB, anything is better than what we currently have. At least a new QB will have potential and a new skillset. There will be some hope. We're in a horrible spot right now, and another year of Brissett would drop attendance faster than a skydiver from an airplane. I certainly can't go through another year of this.   You at least have to give the illusion of hope to draw me in. A new QB does that. With Brissett, there is none.
    • It’s all good crazy coLt we are both colts fans and rooting for the same team. I don’t wanna argue with a colts fan. I will save it for a pats fan or Texans fan. I just wanted to defend why I was saying what I was saying. It hits a nerve to me when people criticize other people’s colts related threads no matter how monotonous it’s become, even if that’s not how you meant it.  Have a merry Christmas   
    • Dude, u call this bashing?  I barely said anything about the guy and merely asked the question if it was him or coaching. How is that bashing?  And by you complaining that this thread was started you basically said that this thread is unwelcome. Am I losing my mind here people or what??  Again im not sure it’s brissett that’s why I’m asking. There is anecdotal evidence it could be him but I’m not so sure. It could be other teams are dialing more pressure near the end of the games or we are running too much and getting stuffed to keep the clock running. I’m not trying to argue here I’m just basically defending what I wrote. 
  • Members

    • Myles

      Myles 2,649

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Monk3ylord

      Monk3ylord 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 8,214

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 7,835

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 3

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MarquisJ

      MarquisJ 411

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jth1985

      jth1985 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 4,379

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 3,036

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 07dleigh

      07dleigh 9

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...