Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bproland's Post Free agency Colts Mock Draft

I know free agency isn't completely over, but for the most part all of the players who will make an impact are gone at this point, so I wanted to make a post FA mock.

This mock is more what I would like done, but I made it as close to realistic as I could with that in mind. 

TRADE - Indy trades 6th overall and 2019 2nd to Buffalo for their 12th, 22nd, 2019 1st

Round 1 Pick 12 (BUF):  Smith, Roquan, OLB/ILB, Georgia
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF):  Bryan, Taven, DT/DE, Florida 
Round 2 Pick 4:  Evans, Rashaan, OLB/ILB, Alabama 
Round 2 Pick 5:  Hernandez, Will, OG, UTEP
Round 2 Pick 17:  Moore, DJ, WR, Maryland
Round 3 Pick 3:  Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego St.
Round 4 Pick 4:  Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State 
Round 5 Pick 3:  Meeks, Quenton, CB, Stanford
Round 6 Pick 4:  Wilson, Cedrick, WR, Boise State
Round 7 Pick 3:  Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech

Yes, pass rush is still lacking with this draft, but Taven Bryan will help with that on the interior at DT, and with two 1st round picks next year, they can address pass rush early. 

15 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I know free agency isn't completely over, but for the most part all of the players who will make an impact are gone at this point, so I wanted to make a post FA mock.

This mock is more what I would like done, but I made it as close to realistic as I could with that in mind. 

TRADE - Indy trades 6th overall and 2019 2nd to Buffalo for their 12th, 22nd, 2019 1st

Round 1 Pick 12 (BUF):  Smith, Roquan, OLB/ILB, Georgia
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF):  Bryan, Taven, DT/DE, Florida 
Round 2 Pick 4:  Evans, Rashaan, OLB/ILB, Alabama 
Round 2 Pick 5:  Hernandez, Will, OG, UTEP
Round 2 Pick 17:  Moore, DJ, WR, Maryland
Round 3 Pick 3:  Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego St.
Round 4 Pick 4:  Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State 
Round 5 Pick 3:  Meeks, Quenton, CB, Stanford
Round 6 Pick 4:  Wilson, Cedrick, WR, Boise State
Round 7 Pick 3:  Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech

Yes, pass rush is still lacking with this draft, but Taven Bryan will help with that on the interior at DT, and with two 1st round picks next year, they can address pass rush early. 

The draft would be nice, but again I am not sure why people have Facyson in the 7th round.  What am I missing here?  Everything about him has a 3-4th round on him.  He has good skills and measurables.  7th round is not feasible. 

Smith honestly I see gone at 9 or 10.

Hernandez might drop to early 2nd but I doubt it.

Of the three second round picks, I suspect only Evans would make it out of the first round, and he could very well be taken as well. I like the choices; I just don’t think it’s a realistic first couple of rounds. Rounds 3 through 7? Very nice. 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Major upgrades on D. I just Dislike Penny. Those MEAC n Sun Belt type conference back and their inflated numbers don’t impress. Haven’t heard a peep from the RB that came out from there before Penny 

I would rather get Nick Chubb or sony imo

39 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Major upgrades on D. I just Dislike Penny. Those MEAC n Sun Belt type conference back and their inflated numbers don’t impress. Haven’t heard a peep from the RB that came out from there before Penny 

Never heard of Marshall Faulk ?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Yeah, guys like David Johnson from Nothern Iowa and Kareem Hunt from Toledo never pan out and Penn State backs always do, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Yeah, guys like David Johnson from Nothern Iowa and Kareem Hunt from Toledo never pan out and Penn State backs always do, right?

Lol more often than not they do. Nice try tho. Toledo plays in the MAC. Georgia and LSU RBs usually pan out and I wouldnt take Penny over Chubb, Michel or Guice if available

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Lol more often than not they do. Nice try tho. Toledo plays in the MAC. Georgia and LSU RBs usually pan out and I wouldnt take Penny over Chubb, Michel or Guice if available

San Diego State plays in the Mountain West which is better than the MAC. The best Penn State back in the NFL in recent memory was Larry Johnson and he only had two years of relevancy. Before that is was a who's who of massive busts. Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas. So no, more often than not, they bust.