Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Archie Says Peyton Is Fine

IndyJayman

Archie also said that Luck would not work well with Peyton, only to change his statement a month later. I don't know what to believe with him.

No Archie said:

"I don't think it'd necessarily be great for either one," Archie Manning told FOX Sports Radio on Tuesday, according to ProFootballTalk. "I think Andrew's the type of mature player ... he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four guys that are playing this year, [if] they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too."

"I used to play with his dad [Oliver]. ... I'm in New York, I heard from him last night," Archie Manning told Fox Sports Radio, according to ProFootballTalk. "Peyton's also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one wants to play on the same team."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7324506/archie-manning-says-peyton-manning-andrew-luck-duo-indianapolis-colts-not-good-either

Then the next day, he clarified that thought when asked if they could co-exist by saying:

"I'm sure they could," Archie Manning said in a phone interview Wednesday. "Andrew is a great young man and we've enjoyed getting to know him. He and Peyton have a friendship, and I'm one of the few people out there that's not really concerned about this deal. All good people respect each other and I'm sure this will all shake out."

"I thought they were asking whether Andrew Luck should sit or play, and I think he's too good to sit," he said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7327351/archie-manning-new-take-peyton-manning-andrew-luck-co-exist-indianapolis-colts

He was 100% accurate in both instances far from the flip flop that the media and some want people to believe.

No Archie said:

Then the next day, he clarified that thought when asked if they could co-exist by saying:

He was 100% accurate in both instances far from the flip flop that the media and some want people to believe.

That's a good point..

He never said they couldnt work together and that's my point, too.

Its not a comfortable situation for either because they know each other.

But for

the good for the Colts..Irsay must ask them to be mentor and apprentice in a transition period.

Its much better than Luck replacing a departed Manning....where the young man gets all the blame for losses.

When you step back from the whole thing....and look at our QB situation last year and how those folks did when they had the chance.

the opportunity to have two talented signal callers....one ending his career and one beginning his..is a dream scenario,

I think that is the main problem. Jim got himself too involved with the process this time around. He let way to many things leak out of the front office, and said way to omuch on his tweeter account. If Jim just have been quiet and let things playout, this all would have been smoother. I understand he fired everyone and there really wasnt anyone else to handle the situation, but that doesnt make it ok to say some of the things he has said over the last 3 months. Not to mention, these new coaches and front office guys are suppose to be hard nose and butt kickers. But, one question about Peyton and its like they have never had any idea he was even on the team any more lol.

exactly! he should have never opened his mouth.

Now that Peyton is 100% healthy, Irsay is still making excuses why we should release/trade him

basically Jimmy has dug himself so deep that Andrew Luck better become a superstar in order to dig Jimmy out

Now that Peyton is 100% healthy, Irsay is still making excuses why we should release/trade him

We don't know if PM is 100% healthy. We have no information from the Colts' doctors, trainers or coaches to attest to his throwing ability.

basically Jimmy has dug himself so deep that Andrew Luck better become a superstar in order to dig Jimmy out

Not necessarily. PM could go to another team and suck. That would also dig Jimmy out.

We don't know if PM is 100% healthy. We have no information from the Colts' doctors, trainers or coaches to attest to his throwing ability.

Not necessarily. PM could go to another team and suck. That would also dig Jimmy out.

100% nerve regeneration and cleared to play. That's what the doctors have said and I believe them.

Peyton go to another team and suck? comon now, this isn't the Twilight Zone.

Should we erase our Pulp Fiction avatars and start replacing them with TZ avatars?

http://espn.go.com/n...sume-nfl-career

http://content.usato...me-nfl-career/1

http://www.csmonitor...-play-for-Colts

first 3 sources I found by searching Google

there are thousands of sources that say that

You are mistaken. None of the sources you cited provide any information from any doctor that claims that PM's nerve has regenerated 100%.

You made the claim that doctors have said that his nerve has regenerated 100%. Please provide a source that confirms this.

yep, thousands of sources on Google say he is cleared to play

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you believe in Santa too?????????????? Thousands, are you sure you want to go with thousands????????????? Several doesn't make a thousand no matter how much you wish it to be :wave:

I am guessing you are young and probably having trouble with grasping the realities of the NFL, the internet and life in general? I understand and feel for you but by saying "thousands" of sources are agreeing with your statement is ludicrous. No doubt that you could take many ponderings on many different sites as multiple, re-hashed crap from the same usual suspects and create a netherworld to your liking.... but it still won't hold up in reality.

manning is cleared to play and he will play in 2012. I hope it will be for the Colts.

He's cleared to play...He cant get hurt (and more than normal ) by taking a hit

.but his nerve has not totally regenerated...and his arm strength is not 100%

That's what everybody's waiting on..

The video posted in another thread shows its coming along but no one has said he's 100% throwing

In the meantime, Archie is the happiest person on earth. Eli got his second Lombardi. Archie just opened a restaurant -- Mannings -- in New Orleans and he can look forward to having it as a meeting place for those hoping to meet Eli and Peyton, and for celebrities and sports figures to gather when they go to New Orleans. And next year New Orleans hosts the Super Bowl and Mannings will be one of the centers of attraction! Archie is riding high. I love Archie. One of the finest men I know.

Ill give you that, he is the greatest and will still be the best in the leauge for the next 3 years

of course. there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be.

If there was something wrong with him, he would have retired already.

he obviously knows that he will play this season.