Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended Posts

I’ve seen some new mock drafts with Barkley at 6. I think that would be a total miracle and steal if we landed him there. Imagine Lyck with Barkley behind him!! Then two early 2nds to address ol and dL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, indyblue said:

I’ve seen some new mock drafts with Barkley at 6. I think that would be a total miracle and steal if we landed him there. Imagine Lyck with Barkley behind him!! Then two early 2nds to address ol and dL.

No thanks.

 

You don't need a killer RB to win a title. But you do need a killer OL (at least one playing well together).

 

Here to win titles, not to resurrect the 2004 Colts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, indyblue said:

I’ve seen some new mock drafts with Barkley at 6. I think that would be a total miracle and steal if we landed him there. Imagine Luck with Barkley behind him!! Then two early 2nds to address ol and dL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it could happen

 

after the trade im not getting my hopes up high for him or chubb.  we will just have to wait and see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns take him at 4.  (Giants trade back).  My prediction, which is as worthless as anyone’s.  

 

I’m hoping Guice lasts until the 2nd round.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping for Nelson, will settle for either Barkley or Chubb as the consolation prize and looking for the trade down if those 3 are off the board by our pick. If a qb that Denver doesn’t want is on the board, maybe Denver trades for the picks with bills or Miami for that 5th spot giving us Nelson. So many different scenarios to occur here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could definitely be there at #6. Just like Chubb or Nelson could be. There have been way too many definitive "he'll be gone before our pick" statements about all three of these guys, especially Barkley/Chubb.

My bold prediction is that Ballard passes on Barkley (or trades back) if he's there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

I’m hoping for Nelson, will settle for either Barkley or Chubb as the consolation prize and looking for the trade down if those 3 are off the board by our pick. If a qb that Denver doesn’t want is on the board, maybe Denver trades for the picks with bills or Miami for that 5th spot giving us Nelson. So many different scenarios to occur here. 

I agree with you about all the scenarios.. Either way I think we’re getting a dominate player be it Nelson, Chubb,or Barkley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He could definitely be there at #6. Just like Chubb or Nelson could be. There have been way too many definitive "he'll be gone before our pick" statements about all three of these guys, especially Barkley/Chubb.

My bold prediction is that Ballard passes on Barkley no matter what.

I think if Barkley is there, he would absolutely take him pending some sweet trade offer. He becomes the edge to Peyton mix. If Chubb and Nelson are gone, he would no doubt be the BPA at this pick. I would be extremely disappointed if we took a safety or CB at this spot. Picking the best rb prospect to come out in awhile wouldn’t be the worst option this team would have available imho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the rumors of the Giants looking to trade out of 2 as well, anything is possible. Just going to have to wait and see what happens. Regardless, I think at 6, we'll still be looking at an impact player. Combined with 3 second round picks, if we can hit on them all, we've got a good start to a new foundation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I think if Barkley is there, he would absolutely take him pending some sweet trade offer. He becomes the edge to Peyton mix. If Chubb and Nelson are gone, he would no doubt be the BPA at this pick. I would be extremely disappointed if we took a safety or CB at this spot. Picking the best rb prospect to come out in awhile wouldn’t be the worst option this team would have available imho. 

If it’s between Chubb and Barkley you take Chubb. Between Nelson and Barkley you take Barkley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you are to take Ballard at face value, he believes there are 7-8 blue chip prospects at the top - including QBs. 
 
If I had to guess, that list includes 3 or 4 of the QBs you see listed at the top and Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, and Fitzpatrick. 
 
One of the things that will be interesting to see is how BPA and need will play out. To illustrate this, let’s assume the draft unfolds with 3 QBs taken and Chubb and Nelson. At 6, faced with the choice of Barkley, Fitzpatrick, or a trade down (which removes you from the 7-8 blue chip prospects), what will Ballard do? I’d love Fitzpatrick if we didn’t just draft Hooker. If Barkley and Fitzpatrick are BPA, will he then choose based on need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

With the rumors of the Giants looking to trade out of 2 as well, anything is possible. Just going to have to wait and see what happens. Regardless, I think at 6, we'll still be looking at an impact player. Combined with 3 second round picks, if we can hit on them all, we've got a good start to a new foundation. 

 

Wouldn’t you guys say that with a switch to the 4-3 that MLB is our most pressing need on D?

 

Not saying we go there at 1, but for sure in the second.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I think if Barkley is there, he would absolutely take him pending some sweet trade offer. He becomes the edge to Peyton mix. If Chubb and Nelson are gone, he would no doubt be the BPA at this pick. I would be extremely disappointed if we took a safety or CB at this spot. Picking the best rb prospect to come out in awhile wouldn’t be the worst option this team would have available imho. 


By passing on him I also meant the possibility of trading back from #6, which I really think Ballard will be gunning to do unless Chubb is there.

 

Just my opinion of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 out first 5 picks will probably be QB's. That lone non-qb pick will either be Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.

 

I hope BUT DOUBT that Barkley will be passed by in favor of Chubb or Nelson.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

Wouldn’t you guys say that with a switch to the 4-3 that MLB is our most pressing need on D?

 

Not saying we go there at 1, but for sure in the second.  

Seemed as though we went heavy on D in draft and FA last year. Think we focus on O this year, with the trenches in mind first and foremost. I also think that a lot of teams are realizing that these qbs are not long term, dominate players. Which wont bode well for us at our 6 pick. But we will stay there and get a stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He could definitely be there at #6. Just like Chubb or Nelson could be. There have been way too many definitive "he'll be gone before our pick" statements about all three of these guys, especially Barkley/Chubb.

My bold prediction is that Ballard passes on Barkley no matter what.

Why does anyone assume Denver will pass on Barkley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Why does anyone assume Denver will pass on Barkley?


Hm? Never said they would, just that it's possible Barkley is there at #6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:


Hm? I never said they would. All I said is that it's definitely possible Barkley is there.

Its possible Barkley goes undrafted and announces he'll end enter the NBA draft.

 

 

The question still stands? Why would Denver pass on Barkley

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its possible Barkley goes undrafted and announces he'll end enter the NBA draft.

 

 

The question still stands? Why would Denver pass on Barkley

 

 

Yeah. Because me saying Barkley could fall to #6 is in the same realm of ridiculousness as saying Barkley will go undrafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

4 out first 5 picks will probably be QB's. That lone non-qb pick will either be Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.

 

I hope BUT DOUBT that Barkley will be passed by in favor of Chubb or Nelson.

 

I dont think Baker Mayfield is as popular with teams as he is with fans and media

I would predict he wont go in the Top-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:


Yeah. Because me saying Barkley could fall to #6 is in the same realm of ridiculousness as saying Barkley will go undrafted.

So you admit that what you said was ridiculous?  Accepted.

 

But I'm serious. Why does anyone assume that Denver (or Cleveland) would pass on Barkley..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard wants to rebuild the team through the draft.  The fastest way to do that is with more top rd. picks this year and next.  He traded our 3rd. to get more picks and I think he will do it again. If there was ever a year to do it this is the year.  We have our QB.  I find it hard to believe we will draft this high again next year.   I also can't believe he would select one top tier prospect at 6 over adding 3 or 4 or more top rd. picks this year and next.  I expect he will do it sooner rather than wait till draft day.  JMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So you admit that what you said was ridiculous?  Accepted.

 

But I'm serious. Why does anyone assume that Denver (or Cleveland) would pass on Barkley..?


I'm not assuming they will. I'm saying it's very possible.

Cleveland could take Chubb or trade back. Denver could take Nelson or grab a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Ballard wants to rebuild the team through the draft.  The fastest way to do that is with more top rd. picks this year and next.  He traded our 3rd. to get more picks and I think he will do it again. If there was ever a year to do it this is the year.  We have our QB.  I find it hard to believe we will draft this high again next year.   I also can't believe he would select one top tier prospect at 6 over adding 3 or 4 or more top rd. picks this year and next.  I expect he will do it sooner rather than wait till draft day.  JMO. 

 

I think he has to wait till Draft Day. 

A team won't move up to #6 not knowing if any of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield will be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not assuming they will either.

Its not logical..and I'll tell you why.

Denver would draft Barkley and release CJ Anderson (who makes about $4.5 mil) in a minute.

The Broncos are looking for more speed, a pass catching RB....and a reliable kick runner and Barkley is all 3...

 

They signed Ron Leary last year at $10 mil and they played him at right guard.

They want to move him to left guard, which is his natural position.

Nelson's natural position is also left guard....They are unlikely to draft him....

Its 'possible' they draft Nelson and Chubb but Denver has depth at defensive end.

 

If Barkley gets past the Browns..he's very likely going to Denver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm not assuming they will either.

Its not logical..and I'll tell you why.

Denver would draft Barkley and release CJ Anderson (who makes about $4.5 mil) in a minute.

The Broncos are looking for more speed, a pass catching RB....and a reliable kick runner and Barkley is all 3...

 

They signed Ron Leary last year at $10 mil and they played him at right guard.

They want to move him to left guard, which is his natural position.

Nelson's natural position is also left guard....They are unlikely to draft him....

Its 'possible' they draft Nelson and Chubb but Denver has depth at defensive end.

 

If Barkley gets past the Browns..he's very likely going to Denver


You don't see any way Denver possibly goes QB? Because they've been scouting Allen/Mayfield pretty hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:


You don't see any way Denver goes QB? Because they've been scouting Allen/Mayfield pretty hard.

You make a good point...

.......I've asked the same thing./ They seem to love Baker Mayfield.

 

But you know what the Bears did last year. They drafted a serviceable vet (Mike Glennon)  to a 2-year good bucks deal and then immediately drafted a rookie QB (Mitch Trubisky) to sit behind him. It was a miserable failure.

The first time Glennon threw an interception...the fans were calling for the rookie.

The offense was low-rent, to be kind.  I wouldn't do that again.

 

Josh Allen is the kind of raw talent that would have to sit for a year or two...and Case would be his mentor

And they do love Baker....I think Elway likes him personally...likes his attutude

 

But its been years (decades) since Denver has had a back like Barkley appears to be and they aren't rebuilding....They signed a 31-year-old tackle yesterday and a 30-year old defensive tackle last week,.

The big post-season grab was a 30-year old QB (Case)

 

  I think they'd risk the '5' pick on an RB who may only last 3 or 4 years before he gets hurt

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

I think he has to wait till Draft Day. 

A team won't move up to #6 not knowing if any of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield will be there.

There are teams ahead of us that could trade back and get a trade done with the Dolphins or Bills.  The Giants, Browns at 4, even Denver.  Teams are finalizing their boards now and forecasting picks. If a team like the Bills or Dolphins have done their research and want to move up now I would do it.  Buffalo is probably the most eager but who knows. I wouldn't take the chance of waiting but that's me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #7ForDays said:

No thanks.

 

You don't need a killer RB to win a title. But you do need a killer OL (at least one playing well together).

 

Here to win titles, not to resurrect the 2004 Colts.

That may be true, but, this years free agent darling Andrew Norwell was an undrafted free agent coming out of college.

 

Quality offensive lineman can be found everywhere.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

 

Wouldn’t you guys say that with a switch to the 4-3 that MLB is our most pressing need on D?

 

Not saying we go there at 1, but for sure in the second.  

Well yeah probably 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Browns take him at 4.  (Giants trade back).  My prediction, which is as worthless as anyone’s.  

 

I’m hoping Guice lasts until the 2nd round.  

Giants wont trade back, their new GM have never traded back in any of the 5 drafts he's been involved in as a GM for the Panthers. So he wont do it in his first draft as a Giants GM.

 

Regarding the Giants draft, I see to options. 

option 1. They draft the best QB after the Browns have taken who they want.

 

Option two, they believe in Eli Manning and in his abilities to play two or three more years, and take either Chubb or Barkley, either way, they wont trade back as Gettleman needs to hit this one out of the park and land a special player for the Giants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Why does anyone assume Cleveland will pass on Barkley?

really? Because he plays RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

That may be true, but, this years free agent darling Andrew Norwell was an undrafted free agent coming out of college.

 

Quality offensive lineman can be found everywhere.....

 

 

For sure. 

 

And quality RBs can be found as UDFAs as well. Spending a top 10 pick on a player whose performance is so intrinsically linked to the performance of the players in front of him is a questionable decision. 

 

The question has to do with marginal performance. A RB who is marginally worse than Barkley can still put up the same numbers running behind a good OL. A RB who is marginally better than Barkley still wouldn't be able to put up the same numbers as him running behind a trash OL.

 

As far as I'm concerned, Guice or Chubb will end up with similar numbers as Barkley this year (barring injury), and you could draft one of them in second round. I, however, don't think the other OGs will end up with Nelson's numbers. 

 

I think most ppl are understating how dominant Nelson was in college. Even without McGlinchey at his best, he was the best guard in college and it wasn't even close. OGs are often scored based on how many pancake blocks they can throw. Most guards are lucky to average one a game. Nelson, based on his game tape, seemed to average one every series greater than 7 plays in length. 

 

That's rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...