Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Giants Only Considering One QB at 2

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

From what I have heard is the Jets offered the same deal the Colts took to the Giants and was turned down. I don't know if it's true as I read it in this forum.

That either tells me they want a QB or are at least waiting to see if Darnold is there. The perhaps know all along they can get a bigger haul from Buffalo. The Jets and Giants ownership also do not like each other from what I've heard, so they may have just not wanted to do business with Jets no matter what. I can't fathom why the Giants would love Barkley or Chubb so much to forgo as massive trade package.

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

That either tells me they want a QB or are at least waiting to see if Darnold is there. The perhaps know all along they can get a bigger haul from Buffalo. The Jets and Giants ownership also do not like each other from what I've heard, so they may have just not wanted to do business with Jets no matter what. I can't fathom why the Giants would love Barkley or Chubb so much to forgo as massive trade package.

It could be the Giants are just holding their hand and waiting.

If they stay at pick 2 they will take a QB, if not Barkley. They could be stacking the team up for Eli's last stand.  All they are really missing is a quality RB because they have none on their roster that have talent.

51 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I think it's because they will be taking a QB. No amount of picks would get them to move back if they think their franchise QB is in this draft (welll...within reason). If they are eyeing Barkley or Chubb (I can't see them drafting Nelson)...I don't think they would have turned down the trade back offers I am sure they have received. So it has to be a QB.

Even if they don't like each other, I think the NYJ would have happily added what was needed to get the #2 spot (where they could basically get their choice)...and if the NYG were even considering moving down, they would have accepted.

Not to mention that if the NYG were willing to trade down, they could take BUF (or any team willing) to the cleaners right now. There might be some added value to waiting until draft day, but I think the deal would already be done.