Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants Trade Pierre-Paul to Bucs [Merge]

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Son of a...I get attached to guys I like & I get bummed out when they get shipped off. I know this is the business side of the NFL, but JPP was a great fit in the Big Apple man. Crap, I feel like I lost a family member man. This blows especially after JPP returned to form after his fireworks accident. 

The Bucs really? Who cares about the darn Bucs. I sure don't. Can't you send JPP somewhere decent? Sigh...A sad day in Giants country. 

I feel the way you do. I don't like the trade.

My friend who is a Giants season ticket holder promised to take me along to the Giants Fan Fest in May or June this year. I had hoped to meet JPP.  Oh well. 

I am not enjoying this off-season. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The key point to me in the article is they already had a private workout with Chubb then came the trade.  Now a visit to the facility.  I think they are taking him unless they get a trade up offer they can't refuse as the saying goes.  

Giants have opportunity to go back to back franchise QB’s, a rare feat.  Montana to Young, Favre to Rogers, Manning to Luck (when not injured).  I can’t think of anyone else.  I can’t imagine they’d pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity for a defensive end (really good, but same long term impact as a franchise QB?). No way their GM risks that.  

On March 22, 2018 at 5:54 PM, NFLfan said:

I feel the way you do. I don't like the trade.

My friend who is a Giants season ticket holder promised to take me along to the Giants Fan Fest in May or June this year. I had hoped to meet JPP.  Oh well. 

I am not enjoying this off-season. 

Hey there NFLfan, 

Always nice to see a reply from you. Yeah, like I mentioned before, I really liked JPP in NYC, okay technically New Jersey, but you know what mean. :D I understand unexpected NFL moves happen all the time, but Jason Pierre Paul  come on! 

Are you still gonna go & attend the Giants Fan Fest with your friend? I would if I was in your shoes, but that's not my call to make I know. Have fun if you decide to tag along. Pictures would be cool but I better not push my luck. Just joking! 

Uh huh. This off season could be a dicey & unpleasant one. Sorry about Minnesota parting ways with QB Bridgewater too. I know you liked him & wanted him to do well. Hang in there my friend. :thmup: 

On March 22, 2018 at 5:34 PM, TdungyW/12 said:

I don’t think colts have a down season .... with a healthy Luck and healthy secondary plus good drafts and we can get Nelson Or Chubb I think we are 10-11 wins again. 

Giants on on the other hand if they don’t draft Eli’s replacement will be hurting for a while when he retires. 

I like your INDY optimism about Luck & landing Nelson hopefully now Td12. Yep, I don't see the Giants season flowing smoothly at all. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about their season like John McClain in Die Hard movies not terrorists this time just Eli Manning's strength, health, & accuracy throwing woes in recent yrs. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Hoose said:

I think the Browns will be taking the first non QB in the draft at the #4 slot, and it will be Barkley. Three QBs in the first 3 picks. Then Barkley. Leaving Chubb or Nelson for the Colts. No need to trade.

IMO that's the way I see it going down as well.  Like it or not the Browns dictate how the first 8 or 10 picks of the draft go down.

If Dorsey hits on half of his draft picks added with the off season moves already made it could change the Browns reputation in a short time.

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I like your INDY optimism about Luck & landing Nelson hopefully now Td12. Yep, I don't see the Giants season flowing smoothly at all. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about their season like John McClain in Die Hard movies not terrorists this time just Eli Manning's strength, health, & accuracy throwing woes in recent yrs. 

Yeah I don’t like the fact that some insiders and experts say the giants are set with Eli right now.

4 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

Yeah I don’t like the fact that some insiders and experts say the giants are set with Eli right now.

It's not only the insiders and experts. Mara and Shurmur have both said they are rolling with Eli.

Now that's not to say the Giants wont pick a QB at #2 but they are starting Eli this season.

Personally I think they take Barkley.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not only the insiders and experts. Mara and Shurmur have both said they are rolling with Eli.

Now that's not to say the Giants wont pick a QB at #2 but they are starting Eli this season.

Personally I think they take Barkley.

They should either take Barkley or Nelson to protect grandpa Eli.