Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Buffalo Trade Scenario

Trade  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Colts Trade with Bills

5 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Take out the second from us and instead put a 5th and then we can talk about it...

That is reasonable.

Although from what my inside source says - the draft is stacked in the mid rounds.

Adding more mid round picks is great

24 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Stay where we are at.   I’m trusting Ballard when he says there’s a big drop in talent after pick 10.  

Actually I don't think the top end talent of the draft is that great.

You can get impact player later in the first this year for sure. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Guys drafted in the 10s and 20s are not always impact players

Thats just my opinion princetontiger. I don’t think the top of this draft is exceptional unless you want a QB so might as well trade down and have more picks. Thanks for your input !

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We wouldn't need to include our 2nd.

Buffalo is super hungry for a QB. If there is one available at #6 they will be at our mercy.

Yeah I somewhat agree. Just depends on if they are willing to wait around and take Rudolph or someone. 

I want to keep 2.4. Love having back-to-back picks there. 

I would tell BUF that the Colts will keep 2.4 and they can keep 1.22, just give up next year's 1st instead, along with 2,21 and 3.32.  

Trust me...if you value DL (which we all do) you are going to want to have an early pick in next year's draft.

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I want to keep 2.4. Love having back-to-back picks there. 

I would tell BUF that the Colts will keep 2.4 and they can keep 1.22, just give up next year's 1st instead, along with 2,21 and 3.32.  

Trust me...if you value DL (which we all do) you are going to want to have an early pick in next year's draft.

Next years first does sound good - I'm not in love with any top DL this year except Landry. 

Also back-to-back picks at the top of the second is good, means we can catch all the good players that fell out of the first 

20 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We wouldn't need to include our 2nd.

Buffalo is super hungry for a QB. If there is one available at #6 they will be at our mercy.

Exactly. If they want a QB, and he's available at 6, they cut the one sided  deal or lose out. I'm not saying the Colts should take a deal like that, but if its so good they can't refuse, then o.k,. But don't be using the draft trade chart to value this deal. The Colts/Jets trade shows that when it comes to a franchise QB, teams will pay a major premium to get one. The Colts only have to give up the #6. They would have to get way more than Buffalo's two #1's to make the deal. And Buffalo might just do that. 

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Exactly. If they want a QB, and he's available at 6, they cut the one sided  deal or lose out. I'm not saying the Colts should take a deal like that, but if its so good they can't refuse, then o.k,. But don't be using the draft trade chart to value this deal. The Colts/Jets trade shows that when it comes to a franchise QB, teams will pay a major premium to get one. The Colts only have to give up the #6. They would have to get way more than Buffalo's two #1's to make the deal. And Buffalo might just do that. 

Oh I didn't use the value chart at all.

Was just a hypothetical scenario 

24 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Yeah I somewhat agree. Just depends on if they are willing to wait around and take Rudolph or someone. 

They'll try and trade up with Giants/browns if they haven't already. 

Your right, they may get Rudolph or Lamar Jackson if they cant trade up for the big 4.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If we can trade back with Buffalo and get their 12,22, and 2nd rounder and who knows maybe more AND then serlect Roquan Smith @12 that would be sweet.

And then maybe Guice @22 and still have 4 2nd round picks!

I have a feeling Guice can be had in the second. None of the teams in the late first have a premium need at running back.

If the Colts are trading back with Buffalo, they shouldn't have to give up an early 2. In fact Colts shouldn't be afraid to ask Buffalo to overpay ala Jets. That's just the price for a franchise QB.

Starting point for me, should be at least both firsts and a second. 

If they're not willing, then don't take it and just draft Chubb or Nelson.

1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

I really like Fitzpatrick and Chubb  so if Chubb is gone and fitz too then I’d warm up to that trade.  

18 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

If the Colts are trading back with Buffalo, they shouldn't have to give up an early 2. In fact Colts shouldn't be afraid to ask Buffalo to overpay ala Jets. That's just the price for a franchise QB.

Starting point for me, should be at least both firsts and a second. 

If they're not willing, then don't take it and just draft Chubb or Nelson.

Yeah thats a solid stance to take. 

Just depends what you want and how CB's bigboard plays out 

1 hour ago, Alex22 said:

That is reasonable.

Although from what my inside source says - the draft is stacked in the mid rounds.

Adding more mid round picks is great

But it’s not worth getting rid of a second. You’re basically trading a second for a later second and third and then trading 6 for 12 and 22. I want more than that for 6, so bump the second down a few rounds. So basically we receive exactly the same picks but instead of shipping out 6 and a second its 6 and a 5th

2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

But it’s not worth getting rid of a second. You’re basically trading a second for a later second and third and then trading 6 for 12 and 22. I want more than that for 6, so bump the second down a few rounds. So basically we receive exactly the same picks but instead of shipping out 6 and a second its 6 and a 5th

Fair Call

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Wait, Josh Allen is available at 6 and you don’t want us to take him?

Didn’t you call him the future GOAT like a week ago? And that we’d be stupid to pass on him with the 3rd pick?

How times have changed..

I would take him he is definitely GOAT. But CB won't take him after we let Tolzien go...

No need to bring unwanted nastiness to forum Trueman. 

Everyone here is entitled to an opinion.

Even you  

2 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

I would take him he is definitely GOAT. But CB won't take him after we let Tolzien go...

No need to bring unwanted nastiness to forum Trueman. 

Everyone here is entitled to an opinion.

Even you  

Releasing Tolzien prevents us from taking the GOAT?

Nastiness? This is nasty?

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Why would Buffalo trade up to 6 and not to #2 with the Giants? The QBs will all be gone.

From what I understand the Jets tried to trade with the Giants and offered the same deal as the Colts were and the Giants refused. So I don't think the Giants are trading at all. IMO I think the Giants do one of two things. Get A QB or take Barkley. Personally I think they take Barkley. I think they are going to make a run with Eli and want to load up as much as possible.

4 hours ago, Alex22 said:

What would you think of this trade scenario?

Say if Josh Allen MVP is there at #6 - who Bills covet highly?

Colts:

1.6, 2.4

For

Bills: 

1.12, 1.22, 2.21, 3.32

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. 

yes on trading back with the Bills but not for giving up 2.4. 

5 hours ago, Alex22 said:

Well that’s your opinion, but Ballard stated that he felt comfortable at 6 that they could still get a premium player,and that it’d take a really enticing offer for him to trade back from 6. No offense, but it’s not about what you think, but about what Ballard says. And he has proven that he’s a man of his word.