Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Saints Dc Williams Faces "bounty" Punishment (((((Merge)))))

pacolts56

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the media is blowing this way out of proportion. players are targeted all the time. im sure when the jets play the pats their first thought is lets knock out tom brady. same thing when peyton plays the texans or w/e. football is a violent game and players will get hurt its part of the game.

They were literally paying their players to hurt other players. No way is this being blown out of proportion, and the league is gonna come down hard on the Saints.

Yeah, we were looking pretty good til he went down. Dwight Freeney > Keyunta Dawson

Had nothing to do with why we lost. We lost because we gave Drew Brees easy completions all game long. Can't expect your pass rush to get there in < 2 seconds, whether Freeney is hurt or not.

Had nothing to do with why we lost. We lost because we gave Drew Brees easy completions all game long. Can't expect your pass rush to get there in < 2 seconds, whether Freeney is hurt or not.

Agreed, but for some reason after Freeney left, we reverted to the '08 Tampa 2 scheme, and pretty much kept it in place for the next 2 years.

They were literally paying their players to hurt other players. No way is this being blown out of proportion, and the league is gonna come down hard on the Saints.

tell me how exactly were they hurting players? wearing extra shoulder pads? were their arms and hands extra taped so they can use it as a weapon?

tell me how exactly were they hurting players? wearing extra shoulder pads? were their arms and hands extra taped so they can use it as a weapon?

Specifically targetting key, and vulnerable players.....Peyton Manning (see Redskins game while Williams was DC).

Taking a cheap shot is a good way of knocking someone out of a game.

Dirty late hits, just like Williams Skins did to Peyton years ago. If you hurt some in play, that's different unless it was a hit to the head.

Big difference when the QBs don't have the ball in their hands.

Specifically targetting key, and vulnerable players.....Peyton Manning (see Redskins game while Williams was DC).

Taking a cheap shot is a good way of knocking someone out of a game.

but thats my point. players do that all the time. good players like peyton and tom will be targeted by opposing defenses.

Dirty late hits, just like Williams Skins did to Peyton years ago. If you hurt some in play, that's different unless it was a hit to the head.

Big difference when the QBs don't have the ball in their hands.

qbs get hit late all the time

But the Saints are not tops in the league for illegal hits. Not meaning to defend them, but I don't think there's evidence that the championship was affected by this.

Didn't Brett Favre get injured in the NFC Championship game after taking all those late hits?

It's one thing to take a good solid, legal, sack on someone. It's quite another to just outright take a cheap shot after he throws the ball.

defensive cant wait to get to qbs. regardless if they get the sack once they get to the qb their thinking of hurting him. why do you think we see so many late hits on the qb

defensive cant wait to get to qbs. regardless if they get the sack once they get to the qb their thinking of hurting him. why do you think we see so many late hits on the qb

I never see Dwight Freeney get to a QB and twist his neck.

Didn't Brett Favre get injured in the NFC Championship game after taking all those late hits?

favre had his thigh and ankle swelled i think, but that game was rough. can you tell me another game were the qb or anyone else got seriously hurt playing the saints d? and dont say kurt warner because that hit was legal. once you commit yourself as no longer a qb anything goes. rather i agree with that is a different story, but thats the way it goes

favre had his thigh and ankle swelled i think, but that game was rough. can you tell me another game were the qb or anyone else got seriously hurt playing the saints d? and dont say kurt warner because that hit was legal. once you commit yourself as no longer a qb anything goes. rather i agree with that is a different story, but thats the way it goes

What about Peyton getting his neck injury vs the 'skins D, which was coached by Williams and has come out and said that there was a bounty system installed at the time?

your referring to one play. if this was something that occurred all the time i would agree with you

No you said that every defensive player is intentionally trying to injure the QB, I've never seen Dwight Freeny make a malicious(dirty) hit before.

The Saints will forfeit picks, for certain. But with the highest-profile player in the league taking not only obvous cheap shots in that game, but hits that are widely assumed to have originally caused his injury, I think there will be even more pressure that at least one draft pick goes from the Redskins to the Colts because of the "high profile" situation. No, I'm not joking.

I am not going to say that I honstly believe that Wiliams just started doing this when he got to the Saints but with that said that's where they have the proof he did it. At least right now they don't have proof that he did it with the Redskins (again I am not saying he didn't I am just pointing out they don't have the proof he did it there.). You can't make a team give another team a pick when you don't have proof to back it up beyond saying well he did it at one place there for he must have done it with the Redskins as well. That would be like punishing the Browns because of Spygate because BB was once the head coach there as well.

Also as Dynasty said the league will make the Saints give up picks not make them give them to other teams.

Lost almost all respect for the Saints. I've never liked Gregg Williams and now this proves what a terrible coach he is. I did like Payton, but I've lost a ton of respect for him for letting this go through. Absolutely unbelievable he would actually encourage his players to hurt others

your referring to one play. if this was something that occurred all the time i would agree with you

The thing is, it was a Greg Williams coached defense. Those defenses have a history of dirty, cheap shots. Now this business comes out. It's not an isolated incident. Williams is a Deebag, and needs to be banned.

No you said that every defensive player is intentionally trying to injure the QB, I've never seen Dwight Freeny make a malicious(dirty) hit before.

you want just to say majority then? you think ray lewis when goes after a qb or rb or wr that hes not looking to hurt someone? james harrison almost always tries to kill someone.

The thing is, it was a Greg Williams coached defense. Those defenses have a history of dirty, cheap shots. Now this business comes out. It's not an isolated incident. Williams is a Deebag, and needs to be banned.

i understand that but what im saying is this happens all the time. the way media is blowing this up is by labeling one person. every defense has late hits. maybe not us but a majority of defenses do

Does this complicate the Drew Brees situation any? I personally don't think so...unless Brees doesn't know anything about it and he is absolutely disgusted by this news...but I don't see it having any effect whatsoever on the contract for Brees / Saints.

All the more important though that they tag and sign who they can (cause they will hurt in the draft a year or two)....

you want just to say majority then? you think ray lewis when goes after a qb or rb or wr that hes not looking to hurt someone? james harrison almost always tries to kill someone.

Use a guy who gets fined every other game as an example of how someone is supposed to play? BTW There's a difference between what the Saints did and what you're referring to. The Saints payed their players to intentionally take cheap shots to injure players. If Ray Lewis makes a clean hit and the RB gets injured, I have no problem with it. But, if Ray dives in a pile-up and tries to break some guys ankle then that's a different story.

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but let's say the Giants were accused of the same thing...would everyone here be in favour of saying the Pats should be given two more Super Bowl titles? There is no way the Colts will be given a Super Bowl victory after all of this is said and done

Not to be a party pooper or anything, but let's say the Giants were accused of the same thing...would everyone here be in favour of saying the Pats should be given two more Super Bowl titles? There is no way the Colts will be given a Super Bowl victory after all of this is said and done

Agreed. Anyway, what team wants a SB title just conferred on them, which they haven't won? Seems cheap to me.

Use a guy who gets fined every other game as an example of how someone is supposed to play? BTW There's a difference between what the Saints did and what you're referring to. The Saints payed their players to intentionally take cheap shots to injure players. If Ray Lewis makes a clean hit and the RB gets injured, I have no problem with it. But, if Ray dives in a pile-up and tries to break some guys ankle then that's a different story.

where did you see a saint player do this

i understand that but what im saying is this happens all the time. the way media is blowing this up is by labeling one person. every defense has late hits. maybe not us but a majority of defenses do

Sure, there are late hits...and there are FLAGS on the field!!!! :) And sure, every D has late hits, but how many teams pay for those? And how many teams pay cold hard cash in thousand dollar bills to knock a player out of the game? This is not a 'late hit' issue, this is a 'bounty' issue.

I should say not! No one should be given a SB regardless of "what" happened on the field...if they are officially stripped of it that's humiliating enough. I doubt any of the players who played that SB on the losing team would honor that "transfer" of victory to them because of this....if I was a player I'd still say "we lost"...regardless..."we lost". Just my opinion obviously...

Sure, there are late hits...and there are FLAGS on the field!!!! :) And sure, every D has late hits, but how many teams pay for those? And how many teams pay cold hard cash in thousand dollar bills to knock a player out of the game? This is not a 'late hit' issue, this is a 'bounty' issue.

im sure they do. we just never hear about it. and that its out in the open no team will admit it.