Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mortensen: 11 Minute Audio & Article “Peyton Is Much Farther Along Than What They Are Eluding To” Kravitz Agrees

bayone

If he was talking about NFL players, then name a NFL player who was a better athlete.

or was he talking about in general? I would mention Jessie Owens

He said athlete.. If he meant only football he didnt say it.. I would also put Bo Jackson ahead of him as best athlete that i ever saw play in the NFL.

Also renaldo nehemiah held a world record in hurdles and went on to play for the 49ers

He said athlete.. If he meant only football he didnt say it.. I would also put Bo Jackson ahead of him as best athlete that i ever saw play in the NFL.

I heard someone say that although not the most physically talented, baseball players can play other sports competatively (not pro) but when basketball or football players try to play baseball or other sports they struggle. Basically, that baseball players can play more than one sport well. I'm not sure golf would count.

(I am not saying baseball players are the best athletes)

Also renaldo nehemiah held a world record in hurdles and went on to play for the 49ers

Bo was incredible no doubt!

Jim Thorpe was an amazing athlete who played in the NFL....

I heard someone say that although not the most physically talented, baseball players can play other sports competatively (not pro) but when basketball or football players try to play baseball or other sports they struggle. Basically, that baseball players can play more than one sport well. I'm not sure golf would count.

(I am not saying baseball players are the best athletes)

Depends on the player. I don't think that Derek Jeter could come out and play linebacker for the Bears.

So now the media is credible again...whatever.

So Mort represents the entire "media"? I think if you look back, the posters on this forum usually think Mort is credible, much more so than Kravitz (I know he is mentioned as well but Kravitz is just a putz who's opinion sways with what is popular at the moment he's writing), LaConfora, Sheffer and others.

So really your comment is not accurate because it is one member of the media, not the media as a whole.

Shouldn't it be "further" along instead of "farther" along in Mort's statement? Not trying to be a wise guy just want to make sure if I am correct or not?

Yes, it should be further. Further means to advance towards a greater degree, farther means to advance physically in distance.

Maybe Mort is playing with everyone. Manning is driving to Indy so he is farther along than he was before. :)

So Mort represents the entire "media"? I think if you look back, the posters on this forum usually think Mort is credible, much more so than Kravitz (I know he is mentioned as well but Kravitz is just a putz who's opinion sways with what is popular at the moment he's writing), LaConfora, Sheffer and others.

So really your comment is not accurate because it is one member of the media, not the media as a whole.

Not that it makes their reports any more credible per say, but the fact that they're being forced to report the uninteresting story that Peyton isn't going anywhere this year lends some validity to the report. After months of playing "Wheel Of Peyton" they now must face the fact that their assertions were wrong.

Just 10 days ago Jason LaCanfora GUARANTEED that Peyton was gone, it's a done deal and they just need to sit down and make it official. He guaranteed that Peyton would be gone in 7-10 days.

Jason LaCanfora is a liar and a pathetic little sorry man that makes up stories for page hits.

.....just sayin

That was great!!

What was especially great about that, is before the game they were interviewing Sanders and he was talking about he knows he's going to get a TD when he sees the punter or kicker because there is no way they can catch him.

Does anyone have the video of Harrison running by him as well? That is another great one. Harrison takes a step to the inside and as soon as Sanders starts moving he turns it back upfield and Sanders is left there literally flat footed and not moving.

Yes, it should be further. Further means to advance towards a greater degree, farther means to advance physically in distance.

Maybe Mort is playing with everyone. Manning is driving to Indy so he is farther along than he was before. :)

Thanks so much...I am smart for once ;)

Not that it makes their reports any more credible per say, but the fact that they're being forced to report the uninteresting story that Peyton isn't going anywhere this year lends some validity to the report. After months of playing "Wheel Of Peyton" they now must face the fact that their assertions were wrong.

Just 10 days ago Jason LaCanfora GUARANTEED that Peyton was gone, it's a done deal and they just need to sit down and make it official. He guaranteed that Peyton would be gone in 7-10 days.

Jason LaCanfora is a liar and a pathetic little sorry man that makes up stories for page hits.

.....just sayin

I don't disagree with anything you typed. I guess the point I was trying to make is that the media is made up of hundreds of thousands of people, some are credible, some are not. Mort is one that I have always thought credible. I give no weight to his predictions on which team is going to win, what team records will be, but when it comes to knowing what is going on within an organization, he usually knows more than most. Probably because he does a what journalist should do. When he gets information he **shock** tries to verify the information before he reports on it. Unlike La Canfora who could be walking down the street, hears two people talking and one says, "I don't know I think the Colts are getting rid of Manning." Then 15 minutes later he writes and blog spot that unnamed sources say the Colts are getting rid of Manning.

I was merely pointing out that the conventional wisdom as it relates to the Peyton, Media circus, is that reports have been all over the map and depending on how invested one is into picking sides, it has been leading to cherry picking info, and smearing opposing points and reports.

For instance 3 months ago reports from sources were he wasn't close to were he needs to be, now he's progressing and is getting close, surprised? I'm not. It might be true, it might not be. I was told by the "there's no doubt Peyton will be back" crowd, that we don't know anything for sure. I don't think anything has fundamentally changed that.

Shouldn't it be "further" along instead of "farther" along in Mort's statement? Not trying to be a wise guy just want to make sure if I am correct or not?

As Robin Said To Batman Holy &^%&^$%# Batman , But I do believe u r correct

tmz, I dont trust their ^chiz^ anyway, they love whatever they can get their hands on, truth is were not going to know cause we cant give it the eye test ourselves more then four throws, and Id says that little demo was actually a demo for OTHER teams Miami, washington maybe, it would be dumb for us to once again neglect colts needs just for manning to try and save the defensive side of the balls * yet again, rebuild the team around a solid defense, it wins championships, offense puts up points doesnt keep them from being put up as we have seen for the last 14 years, peyton has always had to compete with his own defense to win games, its time for a change, trade him to a team that has solid defense