Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Refresh my Memory.. did Joe Addai return any punts last year?

DILLIGAFER

Addai is the last guy you want to get an injury while on special teams play. He's too valuable to the offense.

I couldn't agree more. We didn't pay him a ton of money to get hurt on special teams. This guy can still play I'm tired of everyone knocking him and Donald and the special teams. There is common problem with our Offense and Special teams and that is the blocking. I think the draft picks this year will help improve both special and O line problems.

No but I do remember bethea running a punt back and I was worried then about him getting hurt and would not like to see him repeat, even though he was pretty good.

Bethea has never returned punts for the Colts. What you may remember was a field goal attempt by the Titans that was short and he returned at the end of the first half. To my knowledge that was the only return he ever had.

I've actually wondered before why we haven't at least tried this. Joe Addai is often criticized by people (myself included) for doing some sort of a rain dance along the Line of Scrimmage. :panic:

That's actually something to be valued on Punt Returning.. BUT, Joe is something to be valued... healthy. (And Lord knows that's hard enough as it is!)

Basically, probably wont happen, but I randomly remember us putting back Harrison for a punt return in one of his last seasons. So it's not outside the realm of possibility, but highly unlikely.

Bethea has never returned punts for the Colts. What you may remember was a field goal attempt by the Titans that was short and he returned at the end of the first half. To my knowledge that was the only return he ever had.

Yea i dont remember him returning any punts. I think i remember them putting Powers out there and thought that was dumb as heck!!

I've actually wondered before why we haven't at least tried this. Joe Addai is often criticized by people (myself included) for doing some sort of a rain dance along the Line of Scrimmage. :panic:

That's actually something to be valued on Punt Returning.. BUT, Joe is something to be valued... healthy. (And Lord knows that's hard enough as it is!)

Basically, probably wont happen, but I randomly remember us putting back Harrison for a punt return in one of his last seasons. So it's not outside the realm of possibility, but highly unlikely.

I would disagree with that. The best punt returner the Colts had last year was White and that was because he did not do any dancing. He was one cut and get upfield - there was not too much east-west at all.

I would disagree with that. The best punt returner the Colts had last year was White and that was because he did not do any dancing. He was one cut and get upfield - there was not too much east-west at all.

I'm talking home-run potential. Very rarely do you see someone one-cut and run all the way into the endzone. Guys like DeSean Jackson, Devin Hester, Joshua Cribbs, Leon Washington, [etc..} all have great lateral movement. They can turn on the jets when they need to, but all of those guys have the skillset to make several guys miss on the way to the house.

I'm talking home-run potential. Very rarely do you see someone one-cut and run all the way into the endzone. Guys like DeSean Jackson, Devin Hester, Joshua Cribbs, Leon Washington, [etc..} all have great lateral movement. They can turn on the jets when they need to, but all of those guys have the skillset to make several guys miss on the way to the house.

Understand what you are saying with regards to those guys, but as it relates to Addai I don't his skillset translates to returns.

We need a return guy that can actually return!!! White was 90% fair catch - he has no speed! Can't remember last good kick return man we had or last time we had a return TD? Can anyone remember that??????????

I think the last return TD we had was the Hagler offside kick play.

Maybe we should have linebackers returning (secret weapon!)

Phil B Wilson of the Star has a tweet out there where he quotes an official who says that kickoffs will eventually be done away with.

I agree. They are plays that seem to provide the most injuries, and with our injury-sensitive society today they are eventually going to get the NFL in hot, hot water.

It would be a HUGE backlash to the sport if the Kevin Everett injury happened this season or last...

That's why they moved the kickoff location up: to force more touchbacks and have less returns.

We need a return guy that can actually return!!! White was 90% fair catch - he has no speed! Can't remember last good kick return man we had or last time we had a return TD? Can anyone remember that??????????

i believe chad simpson had a return for a td against the jags 2 seasons ago during the thursday night game.

Ignore the troll.. aka koolaid drinker. Nothing but a pot stirrur. Always degrading someone to try and make him/her feel better.

Btw, Addai did return punts in college. Wasn't too bad at it. And seeing how the colts are terrible at it, couldn't hurt the return game any.