Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Odell Beckham Jr.

SolidGold

1 hour ago, Reality Check said:

It is saying an old expression which we are both familiar with....

"Check your EGO at the door".

No matter what term is used the Patriots didn't want to pay Moss the money he earned. Whatever excuse they used makes no difference. Their past history has shown they do not pay big money contracts. They trade the player away rather than pay them. That matches the reputation they have always carried.

In this case Moss was at the end of his career and his ability's were dwindling away so I really don't blame the patriots for trading him and getting something out of him.

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

NFL Network is hyping a possible trade with Cleveland for OBJ. That would be great for him because the Browns have signed the one and only Brock Osweiller.

Actual quote from Mara-

“We are certainly not shopping him. But, again, when you are coming off a season where you are 3-13 and played as poorly as we played, I wouldn’t say that anybody is untouchable. . . You always listen. But that’s not a scenario that I would like to see happen.”

So while possible... it seems not probable.

BTW... didn't Browns sign Tyrod Taylor and Hue Jackson named him starter?

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Actual quote from Mara-

“We are certainly not shopping him. But, again, when you are coming off a season where you are 3-13 and played as poorly as we played, I wouldn’t say that anybody is untouchable. . . You always listen. But that’s not a scenario that I would like to see happen.”

So while possible... it seems not probable.

BTW... didn't Browns sign Tyrod Taylor and Hue Jackson named him starter?

I also was reading on Bleacher Report that if the Giants were considering a trade they would want at least a #1 round pick. Of course that would only happen with a sign and trade after what OBJ has said about sitting till a new deal is in place. The Browns do have that #4 spot and the money to make it happen if it fell that way.

If that did happen that would meant the Giants would have picks 2 and 4.

I wouldn't give the 4th overall and $20m per, according to OBJ's demands.  Cleveland would be naive to attempt this move as they are far from competing.  Darnold + Barkley (both under rookie deals) is more sensible for a team that is perennially in rebuild mode.