Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tailback Damien Williams to visit Colts Tuesday

1959Colts

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/2/6/16982216/retain-tag-or-let-walk-damien-williams-free-agency-miami-dolphins

...Williams has been with the Dolphins for four seasons since being signed as an undrafted free agent out of Oklahoma back in 2014. Since then, he’s appeared in 58 games and started four, all four of which took place this season after the team traded Jay Ajayi to the Philadelphia Eagles. Since he joined the Dolphins, Williams has mostly operated as a change-of-pace and third down back due to his skill in pass protection and ability to catch passes out of the backfield...

...Where he really seems to shine, at least according to head coach Adam Gase, is in the locker room. Gase has repeatedly expressed his affinity for the young running back and seems to think he has a positive impact on the rest of the team...

48 minutes ago, w87r said:

I like Damien Williams. He would be our best RB on the roster. 

Mack has some potential, bit Williams is better now.

Saying that, wouldn't go over $2.5m. Probably like to be at $2m or less

Why would it matter to you if they pay 2 million or say 3.25 million?

6 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Why would it matter to you if they pay 2 million or say 3.25 million?

It doesn't, but at the same time you still have to be smart.

I've actually already stated that after rethinking I would give him more.

In the end it doesn't matter to me at all, but I do like seeing my team being fiscal responsible. Which is exactly what they have been so far.

15 minutes ago, w87r said:

It doesn't, but at the same time you still have to be smart.

I've actually already stated that after rethinking I would give him more.

In the end it doesn't matter to me at all, but I do like seeing my team being fiscal responsible. Which is exactly what they have been so far.

Good response.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will probably sign him since nobody has ever heard of him lmao. At least I haven't. I have no idea who he is :FlamingoDancing:

It will be a good pick up if we do. Chexk out the article on him I posted above.^^^

If we aren’t drafting Barkley, then I really don’t think we need to draft a running back at all. Barkley is just a talent you don’t pass up. I think Mack could be as good as any of these backs in the draft. Williams could definitely be a good compliment to Mack though

48 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

If we aren’t drafting Barkley, then I really don’t think we need to draft a running back at all. Barkley is just a talent you don’t pass up. I think Mack could be as good as any of these backs in the draft. Williams could definitely be a good compliment to Mack though

Yes we need a RB

Mack isn't a 3 down back

3 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

can he play on the offensive line..........nope then its wasted money.

:sigh:............ Here is a clue.   A tailback who can block good does the same thing as an offensive lineman. Blocks for the QB, Duh. 

Ask Peyton about Addai and I think he will have some very good things to say about him about his ability to block and catch passes out of the backfield.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

:sigh:............ Here is a clue.   A tailback who can block good does the same thing as an offensive lineman. Blocks for the QB, Duh. 

Ask Peyton about Addai and I think he will have some very good things to say about him about his ability to block and catch passes out of the backfield.

Luck no manning and this guy not addai and we have more then one threat for WR and TE when Manning was here and we barely have a TE and a WR as a threat.

23 hours ago, w87r said:

Just about every aspect of the game right now.

He is a way better in pass pro.

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-damien-williams-brought-back-2018/

This is a pretty solid read on him

Thanks for the link w87r as well as the You Tube clip included in the article. I'm a very visual guy which carries more weight to me than text ever will. Williams is quick, runs with a purpose, & keeps both hands firmly on that ball. Sign the man pronto! 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks for the link w87r as well as the You Tube clip included in the article. I'm a very visual guy which carries more weight to me than text ever will. Williams is quick, runs with a purpose, & keeps both hands firmly on that ball. Sign the man pronto! 

He is built solid as well. Definitely finishes off his runs. 

Pass pro, is without a doubt his best asset to me at this time, but he is versatile and would definitely help our team out.

I don't know why he would go play 2nd fiddle to Hunt in KC? I imagine he would have a much bigger workload here.

Time shall tell.

1 hour ago, colts52761 said:

next signing? would like fleming also

I never saw much about how the Williams visit went.

Although a blurb did come out that he was to visit the Chiefs next.

So my guess is that we offered him something below what he wanted and he's making more visits if so.

7 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

I never saw much about how the Williams visit went.

Although a blurb did come out that he was to visit the Chiefs next.

So my guess is that we offered him something below what he wanted and he's making more visits if so.

According to reports he is coming in tomorrow. He visited the chiefs today

5 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

He seems to fit the mold of Dion Lewis who they were interested in as well, hopeful that he signs. 

In terms of usage and versatility I think that could be true.

I knew Williams was bigger but I had to look it up to see just how much bigger. He allegedly goes 5'11 and 225 to Lewis' 5'8 and 195. So he is considerably bigger back in that regard.

I will say that my knowledge of Williams last year was "They just traded Ajayi. Why are they not feeding Drake the ball hand over fist? Who is this damn Williams character cutting into his touches?"  lol

I know Drake blew up when Williams was out, but I also know the Dolphins insisted on getting him snaps and touches when healthy.

I suppose we can twist stats to saying anything we want to, but the fact that Williams averaged 11.5 touches and 63.5 yards per game when he started is solid. So is his 4.4 yard per carry in his starts and his 8.8 yard per reception in his starts. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

I'd be happy to pair a solid guy who is a jack of all trades and master of none with Mack and hopefully another solid rookie from this deep RB class.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:19 PM, w87r said:

Just about every aspect of the game right now.

He is a way better in pass pro.

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-damien-williams-brought-back-2018/

This is a pretty solid read on him

He would play the same role as Mack, but Mack is the better, more electric RB except for blocking because Mack is terrible in that area. I doubt he would get snaps over Mack, but go ahead and bring him in as a backup on a minimum contract. This is one of the signings Ballard likes because he is inexpensive and brings competition to the position, but will have a very limited role in games. And posting one highlight run from years ago in college means absolutely nothing.