Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would You Take Janoris Jenkins In The 2Nd If He's There?

He is a very physical corner, that can run with anyone he's matched up with. Know his off-the-field character issues, would you draft him if you're Grigson in the 2nd round? He admitted his wrong doing, and insisted that it's all in the past. Obviously that is the right way to go on addressing questions about your character, but the real question is do you believe him? We took Rucker last year, a guy who has had legal trouble in the past, just doesn't have the talent that Jenkins has. But still, at least up to this point, we haven't heard a peep about Rucker doing anything wrong.

I personally would draft him at 34 if he was there. The talent/potential outweigh the character concerns.

It would depend on how they feel about him after an interview and getting to know him. I think he is a 1st round guy and would like to get him at 34 if he checks out off the field.

People will argue that the Rucker comparison is a lil off because of how late he was taken. But I agree that there is def a difference in ability and talent.

Wouldn't have a problem with that at all...Coach Pagz is a players coach and on top of that a DB guy...It's a lot harder to hurt your friend than someone who is just your boss, but then again some people just don't give a (crap)

He is a very physical corner, that can run with anyone he's matched up with. Know his off-the-field character issues, would you draft him if you're Grigson in the 2nd round? He admitted his wrong doing, and insisted that it's all in the past. Obviously that is the right way to go on addressing questions about your character, but the real question is do you believe him? We took Rucker last year, a guy who has had legal trouble in the past, just doesn't have the talent that Jenkins has. But still, at least up to this point, we haven't heard a peep about Rucker doing anything wrong.

I personally would draft him at 34 if he was there. The talent/potential outweigh the character concerns.

He won't be there... but if he was...

YES

depends who else is there at 34, id much rather have a stud WR if there is one at 34, we need one more to pair with Luck since its looking like a great possibility we wont have a serious #1 or #2, but if hes there and no one else we need more that could help more, yes i would, i think us passing on "poor character" guys has hurt us in the past, ppl can change, a great football player is a great football player regardless, so no i wouldnt pass on him cause of his character concerns, id only pass him up if tere is a great wr or great player at another position we need more

You've got to remember that all through high school and college, great players get treated like gods. They can get a way with almost anything and people are always there to coddle them, tell them how great they are and do anything for them. In this environment some guys get out of control and make mistakes. When they enter the real world, things change. People can change. Not always but I like to give kids who are in their early twenties a chance to grow up

I would rather have Stephon Gilmore or Casey Hayward, but Jenkins is a good CB. If he's there at #34 and the Colts select him I think it would be a good pick.

Doing my research for the mock, I found Gilmore. I really like him, but I'd rather not reach for him at 34. He could still be there in the 3rd.

IMO if Janoris Jenkins didnt have character concerns then i think hed be the best CB im the draft. And yes better than Morris Claiborne