Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

#6 Pick Option #2: Quenton Nelson Highlights

32 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

What is the probabality of Quenton Nelson sliding out the top 10? If Ballard trades that 6th overall pick with Buffalo, we can get both of their 1st round picks (12) and (22). Have a chance to get both Nelson and McGlinchey in the 1st round. 

I’ve wondered what it would take to grab Nelson at 6 and a move up if McGlinchey slides down to mid 20’s?

i could also see the trade down and getting those 2 first round picks and another 2nd and then getting either Nelson if by chance he slid further or a top lb’er or cb and still have ability to grab the tackle mid 20 with plethora of 2nd round choices. Turn one of those picks into a next year first round as well. The team has all kinds of options if played right and the board falls right for us, that’s for for sure. 

8 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

What is the probabality of Quenton Nelson sliding out the top 10? If Ballard trades that 6th overall pick with Buffalo, we can get both of their 1st round picks (12) and (22). Have a chance to get both Nelson and McGlinchey in the 1st round. 

None. It's completely unlike that he would somehow make it past Bears and 49'ers.

This is a guy that allmost a unanimous scouting community calls the best guard prospect they've ever scouted.

Lots of them call him the best player in the draft, or top 3 talent.

I think it would be crazy to pass on him at 6.

Hoping to land Hernandez in the second is a pipedream. He won't be there.

We knew that we needed to do something serious to fix our O-line, in order to protect Luck.

We haven't signed any experienced Guards in FA, and there are no more quality options left in FA. That, to me, underlines how badly we need to adress the O-line with premier talent in the draft. And here's Nelson, who looks like someone who could seriously upgrade our O-line at an all-pro level for the next decade. To me that's a no-brainer.

We won't be contenders next year, or something even remotely similar - Let's all just come to terms with that right now - so we should look at the 2019 draft prospects, and see if there isn't a passrusher there, rather than to pick Chubb now because he's the best in this years class, and in the process pass on a once in a generation/decade type guard like Nelson.

Nice player. Very good player in fact.

Can't take a guard at 6 though and feel like we'll have spent too many draft resources on the line (there 1st rounders and potentially a 2nd and 3rd) at the expense of other areas....mainly the whole defense.

Got to go in a different direction for me and fill the guard spot using a less valuable resource.