Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hankins Released

Case

Remember what the defensive coordinator said he want small fast player. So we are going back to teams running it down our throat again. YAY you guys wanted the Manning Era back well we got it. A crappy defense that cant stop the run with an added bonus of not stopping the pass either YAY, and all you Ballard lover are still going to defend him.

PS. Hankins came from the Giants that ran a 4-3 defense.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

A real head scratcher. Need an explanation fast!

I think I have it figured out. This saves 8.5 million in cap space as the 73 mill was not enough ?

Just kidding of coarse..

This is largely scheme based with the Colts moving to a Tampa-2 defense. Hankins had a solid first year in Indy, but didn't do much to improve their run defense. The Colts have one of the best cap situations in the league but save $8.5 million from his release. Hankins won't struggle to resurface as the top interior lineman available behind Ndamukong Suh. The Titans and Seahawks are possible landing spots.

Mar 17 - 2:29 PM

There we go.

The guy is not worth even close to what he was going to be paid. So what’s the problem? Ballard does what he says he’s going to do. He’s not going to pay A money to B and C players. Hankins is a C+ player at best  

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:
This is largely scheme based with the Colts moving to a Tampa-2 defense. Hankins had a solid first year in Indy, but didn't do much to improve their run defense. The Colts have one of the best cap situations in the league but save $8.5 million from his release. Hankins won't struggle to resurface as the top interior lineman available behind Ndamukong Suh. The Titans and Seahawks are possible landing spots.

There we go.

Why not trade him?

5 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Remember what the defensive coordinator said he want small fast player. So we are going back to teams running it down our throat again. YAY you guys wanted the Manning Era back well we got it. A crappy defense that cant stop the run with an added bonus of not stopping the pass either YAY, and all you Ballard lover are still going to defend him.

PS. Hankins came from the Giants that ran a 4-3 defense.

eberflus said he wanted more athletic players that possessed quickness.  There's a difference.

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I am not ruling out Suh.

I am not saying it will happen, but it would make some sense. 

Ballard was able to keep the media clueless for 6 days about us shopping the No 3. overall pick with multiple teams. The media had no clue those conversations were ongoing. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we already have a deal in place with Suh. It also would not surprise me if we haven't even talked to Suh. 

I agree. Would be happy if he pulls it off.

10 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

It's hard not to argue they have went from bad to worse at this point.  

We might look worse in March, I’ll judge a little closer in August and September. 

Its still so early when your in the beginning of a big build, it’s like building anything. Like a house, you have to have a footing (foundation) before you build the frame, most are already worried about the roof. lol

he just got a new wife (Reich) he changed some of the floor plan. 

CB said no big deal, I’ll fix it! 

Its still so early, I’m just intrigued to see his next move... 

There is def more to this than meets the eye, the switch to 4-3 is probably something, but maybe Ballard didn't like his locker room attitude?

Seems kinda like a "statement" release if you ask me. Like, maybe he was mouthing off in the locker room, and Ballard is showing everyone that no one is safe if they don't fit the mold. That's my hope anyway, It would be very Belickick esque.

1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Why not trade him?

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

We probably wouldn't have received anything worthy for trading him. This also opens up more cap space to go after Suh, which now we definitely have room and a role for.

There obviously was not much value considering his contract. It also gives Hankins the chance to find his own team and make his own deal. So might be the Colts would afford him that rather than try to finagle a way to get a 6th or 7th for him. 

14 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

like i said to start yu dnt have to agree w my premise but it’s obvious hankins is slow and not disruptive. yu can watch the games and see he doesn’t fit. Laugh all yu want but pff failed yu and my judgement of talent checks out

Sorry, I do apologize. I don’t usually respond so rudely.

I don’t disagree that he’s slow. For the position he was playing, he was effective and rated very well. It may not translate in the 4-3 system. I still do not understand releasing him. I think we could’ve found a trade partner. We get nothing now.

This cannot be scheme based or anything like that.

Hankins had 2 years back from his contract, he was due to 7.5 mill this year and 7 mills next year. Ridiculously low figures compared to how good he is. And he is just 26 years old, a still young fella, who is coming off of his best season so far.

And the Colts did not even try to trade him? They could've got a 3rd rounder for him in no time, easy. That does not make any sense. There must be something behind this which we know nothing about.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love the Posts on this Board today. One minute Ballard stinks because he has done nothing in Free Agency, then he is a God because of the trade with the Jets, now he stinks again because he let Hankins go lmao. I love this Forum, it is definitely addicting.

It gives a whole new meaning to “bi-polar”.

2 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

They could've got a 3rd rounder for him in no time, easy. That does not make any sense

You know this how?

Are you trying to me the guy who just fleeced the Jets hours ago , wouldn’t have at least explored getting a pick for Hankins?

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Sorry, I do apologize. I don’t usually respond so rudely.

I don’t disagree that he’s slow. For the position he was playing, he was effective and rated very well. It may not translate in the 4-3 system. I still do not understand releasing him. I think we could’ve found a trade partner. We get nothing now.

HE PLAYED FOR THE GIANTS THAT WAS A 4-3 DEFENSE :flaming:.. It like talking to a freaking Wall. "Maybe he would not translate well in a 4-3"

4 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

This cannot be scheme based or anything like that.

Hankins had 2 years back from his contract, he was due to 7.5 mill this year and 7 mills next year. Ridiculously low figures compared to how good he is. And he is just 26 years old, a still young fella, who is coming off of his best season so far.

And the Colts did not even try to trade him? They could've got a 3rd rounder for him in no time, easy. That does not make any sense. There must be something behind this which we know nothing about.

Read some please. We wouldn't have got anything in trade for him besides MAYBE a 6th at best. This gives us more money which we're gonna do something with. Suh isn't signed yet.