Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts trade #3 overall pick to New York Jets (merge)

TKnight24

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think it's possible that it'll be QB's taken until the 4th pick, and then it gets interesting with the Browns second pick.

i think they would go barkley or trade if QBs go 1-3.  the bills will want that pick, but do they have enough to get #4?  if they trade QBs could even go 1-5, which would of course be a big win for us

i think we see at least three QBs go no matter what, which means one of chubb or nelson should be there.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Some need to slow down and think here there is no guarantee that denver takes a QB there is a huge possibility that Barkley Chubb and Nelson will all be gone so who else could be a target? 

Edmonds, Fitzpatrick, or Davenport..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Great way to wake-up out here in So Cal!

A terrific haul to trade back three spots.   We will still be in play for a ton of talent, PLUS we might still trade back a second time picking up more high picks for 18 and maybe even 19.

Perfect.

Personally,  I think we have a poor chance at Chubb, maybe 15 percent, an ok chance at Nelson, perhaps no more than 40-50 percent...   

We are just so well positioned to do whatever we want....

(Now....   if we could just sign some players....   :peek: )

:colts:

I called that one, didn't I NCF?! So happy right now. Can't wait for the draft now. Going to be so much fun! Ballard has earned my trust here and the complete benefit of the doubt. Lets see what happens come draft time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is so huge. I said on my thread last night we would have 6 picks MINIMUM in the first 3 rounds. We are almost there. Wouldn't mind Nelson, Chubb, Minkah, Edmunds, or Roquan at 6. So many possibilities now. Ballard just turned the draft on his head!

We have 5 picks in the 1st 67 LOL. Man this trade is huge. I hope Nelson at 6, then in Round 2 we can Draft 2 Defensive guys possibly and another RB? In the 3rd maybe go O.Line again? Don't know but we now have 2 more options we didn't have before.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

We are essentially guaranteed to get Chubb, Barkley, or Nelson.

There's a small chance that all 4 qbs go in the first 4 picks, and then we have our choice of 2 of them.

Not necessarily. If Cleveland goes QB at 1, NYG could take Barkley, Clevelnad could take Chubb at 4, and Denver could take Nelson. Only if Cleveland takes Barkley at 1 do I see a better chance of Chubb or Nelson being there.

2 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

Browns go qb

Giants go qb

Jets go qb

Brown's go Barkley 

Broncos go Chubb or nelson or the 4th qb

Leaves us with 1 or 2 of the 3

Yeah keep that optimissim the chance of the giants not taking a QB is still pretty big 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Some need to slow down and think here there is no guarantee that denver takes a QB there is a huge possibility that Barkley Chubb and Nelson will all be gone so who else could be a target? 

Denzelle Ward cb is an option or Roquan Smith mlb that’s the perks about being such a bad team! We have so many options!

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm not sure a few second rounders fix this team more than getting one of the elite pieces possibly available. It looks okay on paper, but there's a risk here.

Always a risk at the top or the bottom. You have to trust your talent evaluators and your process of investigating each player. Getting 4 guys near the top of the pile is better odds that one or two stand out than hoping your one guy at the top is the standout everyone hoped they would be from college careers. 

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

He had no choice. You can’t do what we did in FA and roll into the draft with only 7 picks and expect to compete. This needed to happen. I’m still expecting Chubb though.

We will have a team full of rookies. I still don’t expect us to really compete next year. We should definitely be able to set a good foundation though. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I called that one, didn't I NCF?! So happy right now. Can't wait for the draft now. Going to be so much fun! Ballard has earned my trust here and the complete benefit of the doubt. Lets see what happens come draft time.

I think i had trade back with the Jets in one of my mock off-seasons but I never dreamed it would be such a huge haul. I think I had it as #6, #37 and a 4th or something of the sort. Ballard not only got more picks, but better picks. I love it. 

Awesome trade, gives us a chance to fill some holes,  but we need to be realistic about our chances this season as we are going to have loads of rookies and 2nd year players.

Will be interesting to see where the leadership comes from especially on D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Iron Colt said:

You don't draft a freaking Guard in the top 6. Tackle, yes.

Dallas didn't draft Zach Martin or Frederick until the teens.

Listen man someone's getting Nelson and it wont be in the teens that's all I have to say about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

We will have a team full of rookies. I still don’t expect us to really compete next year. We should definitely be able to set a good foundation though. 

If we hit on 3 or 4 of those first 5 picks, we are in business. So much draft capital to work with now. One of the 2nds is very close to being a 1st. We could theoretically trade an early to a team for a 1st next year if Ballard wants to get really crazy.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm thinking the same but more like whover has the 9th or 10th pick

Man if we trade back with Buffalo we can have 2 first rounders, and 5, I repeat 5 2nd round picks! Imagine that? I have never looked forward to a draft as much as this...It'll be Christmas! We still have tons of money too! Bring in Suh and Mathieu and I will start a Chris Ballard fan club...I admit I was short sighted..Ballard is looking like a mad scientist now...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I think i had trade back with the Jets in one of my mock off-seasons but I never dreamed it would be such a huge haul. I think I had it as #6, #37 and a 4th or something of the sort. Ballard not only got more picks, but better picks. I love it. 

I did something crazy on first-pick where I got the Jets 6th overall and both 2nds for our 3rd overall, and Ballard even destroyed that! This is absolutely insane!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Man if we trade back with Buffalo we can have 2 first rounders, and 5, I repeat 5 2nd round picks! Imagine that? I have never looked forward to a draft as much as this...It'll be Christmas! We still have tons of money too! Bring in Suh and Mathieu and I will start a Chris Ballard fan club...I admit I was short sighted..Ballard is looking like a mad scientist now...

Mathieu is gone is a Texan 

10 minutes ago, stitches said:

In what way? Their styles are not similar and their off-the-field issues are not similar... at least not that I know of. 

Everyone has been regurgitating this nonstop most likely media drivel.  Mayfield has issues but imo his floor is higher than Manziels ceiling. Manziel was never going to succeed in the NFL.  Mayfield if he gets the right support system. Could be the next Drew Brees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Check out my thread last night jshipp, I predicted this ahead of time. Said Ballard had to trade back, and we'd have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds MINIMUM. I'm sticking to that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have 5 picks in the 1st 67 LOL. Man this trade is huge. I hope Nelson at 6, then in Round 2 we can Draft 2 Defensive guys possibly and another RB? In the 3rd maybe go O.Line again? Don't know but we now have 2 more options we didn't have before.

Reason to feel excited again.

• Like 4