Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis Colts trade #3 overall pick to New York Jets (merge)

TKnight24

1 hour ago, #7ForDays said:

The Jets paid a premium for sure. That's the cost of drafting the QB of your choice. This will definitely change the Dynamics of the Browns strategy. They might be forced to draft the QB of their choice at 1, since now NYG and NYJ are both threats.

Draft just got way more interesting.

You're right I think. It keeps the Browns from getting cute about a QB. What the Giants will do is a mystery for me...I think Barkley if he's there.

Just now, richard pallo said:

I have to say It but I called for a trade here this morning on a couple of threads and asap and before next week.  I couldn't believe it when I got a phone call and was told about it.   Thrilled.  Wrong team, I thought the Bills, but he did it.  Have to strike while the iron is hot.  Very happy. 

This won't be the last possibly.    I can see some team getting desperate after a QB is left at 6 and doing what the Jets did.  

• Like 1

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Never skip any of it 

Even left a wedding early to get home to watch 

I used to be a draft junkie, bought all the mags , watched the shows. Then the Colts got good and it wasn't as interesting for some reason. 

I hope they can still get Chubb at 6, this team needs a pass rusher in the worst way.  If Chubb and Nelson are gone at 6, that means there is a QB available and I would be more than fine with trading down again for more picks.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Swan Ronson said:

The Venn diagram of terminal negative miserablists and people who think they're truth telling reailsts is a perfect circle.

This! 

In the din of despair, there are shouts of anger, frustration, and disappointment. Yet, this GM carries his plan like a torch, undaunted by the antagonistic rumble. 

I smile, vindicated. 

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Like others have said I see him a a safety and that's it that's why I'm not high on him if we needed a FS I'd be all over him tho he's not a bad player at all 

Yes he's a safety, with CB coverage ability. It's not unheard of.

Just now, CR91 said:

Now here's a question, let's say the bills offer both their 1st round picks and the top of the third to move up to 6 for a QB. Would you do it?

If Chubb is available, no, just because there is a big drop off in quality of pass rushers from him and despite the terrible offensive line, this is our biggest need.  If not, sure, might even have a shot at Nelson at 12 if some of the projections are correct.  

Is it wrong if I think it would be amusing if the Jets took Chubb at #3 now? 

Adds even more interest to an already fascinating draft. It all pivots around the Giants' intentions really. If the Browns can be fairly sure the Giants are going QB or trade to a QB needy team they've got to feel good knowing they can get their pick of the QBs AND a possibly generational RB in one draft with decent picks behind still.

The Colts still have further scope to trade back depending on the dance partner, but I think right now I'd like to snag Nelson. 

Side note - For all those moaning about not getting FA or that FA. The Osweiler pick up by the Texans is really haunting them in this draft...

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

You really think with our holes , we’re going to move up?

we could if someone they really like is on the board late in the first

i wouldnt put money on it, but i wouldnt feel great about betting against it either

landry could be a guy that falls and we make a move back up for

54 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Just did a Mock Draft via fanspeak.com for anyone who likes to do Mock Drafts. 

I like this one. What do you guys think?

C7B82622-ECB6-4A5F-8AC5-A3B53B0F87B8.png

Quality a bit blurry so I’ll just type it out

R1: Bradley Chubb DE

R2: Will Hernandez OG

R2: Tyrell Crosby OT

R2: Billy Price OG

R3: DJ Chark WR

R4: Shaquem Griffin 

R5: Dalton Schultz TE

R6: Holton Hill CB

R7: Greg Stroman CB

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6:  Chubb, Bradley, DE, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 4:  Wynn, Isaiah, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 5:  Jackson, Josh, CB, Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 17:  Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA (B)
Round 3 Pick 3:  Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist (A)
Round 4 Pick 4:  Leonard, Darius, OLB/ILB, South Carolina State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 3:  Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A)
Round 6 Pick 4:  Ballage, Kalen, RB, Arizona State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 3:  Tate, Auden, WR, Florida State (A+)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

I'm so happy we have a GM who will build success and not ride the coat tails of AL, TY, and others. I mean those picks we're far to easy For Grigs to get Executive of the year. AL won him that award.

Polian did the same thing that RG did to a lesser extent 

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Yup!

I think the key would be to get more Day 2 picks this year AND next.

By the way, there is an interview with Ballard up on the website NOW.   He's talking about what he did, why he did it and what he might still be willing to do.

Check it out.   It'll make your heart race!

Another losing season under this *

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

There are some Jets fans out there who think they could be taking Baker Mayfield 3rd overall.  I think that would be a huge mistake

I like Mayfield.  But if Rosen is there and they don't take him, they're incompetent.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

we could if someone they really like is on the board late in the first

i wouldnt put money on it, but i wouldnt feel great about betting against it either

landry could be a guy that falls and we make a move back up for

Eh. There’s a chance , but I think it’s beyond slim.

4 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Another losing season under this *

Yeah , if only we had kept our completely inept tool of a  GM and clueless coach who were carried by a kid QB so much that they eventually took away two years of his prime.

Man I miss that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Love the move, surprised that it happened in March as opposed to draft day, doesnt hurt us but may hurt the jets as any team could jump to #2 and steal the jets preferred pick

They are guaranteed one of Darnold, Rosen, or Allen.  It's win, win for them.

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

That's a really good haul.  I'd be interested in seeing if anyone wants to trade up to 6.  Maybe move down 3 or 4 spots and gain another 3 or 4 picks in the process.

That will be a draft day deal, set up oin advance . The call will be made only if 'their guy' is on the board when Colts pick is up.  Maybe Ballard will have a contingency plan in place with another team if the first fails. OTOH, Ballard better be very confident in all the late first and second rounders they project to fall to us being better than just merely ok to good players for this to work.

1 hour ago, #7ForDays said:

The Jets paid a premium for sure. That's the cost of drafting the QB of your choice. This will definitely change the Dynamics of the Browns strategy. They might be forced to draft the QB of their choice at 1, since now NYG and NYJ are both threats.

Draft just got way more interesting.

Jets fans feel their history of second round busts was worth parting.  2 this year and, they hope, an early (almost 3) next year.  ;-)

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Chris Ballard you are redeeming yourself!!!! Now trade #6 pick to Buffalo for even more picks..

Nobody will trade to 6 unless they know 'their guy' will be there.  This would be a draft day deal, pre-setup of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

In what way? Their styles are not similar and their off-the-field issues are not similar... at least not that I know of. 

His character comes across that way to me.  Arrogant player, thinks very highly of himself, that could be his downfall.  It's good to be confident, but I think he's arrogant

12 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

His character comes across that way to me.  Arrogant player, thinks very highly of himself, that could be his downfall.  It's good to be confident, but I think he's arrogant

I don't see the comparison, except for the "do-oosh face" factor.  Some are just born with it.