Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trying to fly in OL Pugh

Virtuoso80

1 hour ago, Legend of Luck said:

Happiest I've been since the start of free agency. Let's make a move!

Might want to temper that happiness just a bit. Pugh only played in eight games last season due to a back injury and was finally placed on IR in December. He's only managed to stay healthy through 16 games once in his career, and that was his rookie year in 2013. According to docs who examined him last year, surgery wasn't necessary, and all he needed was some rest and relaxation. Maybe he's OK now, but maybe the Giants just didn't think he'd make it through another season.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Sign Pugh, Jensen, and bring Mewhort back on a 1 year deal. We'll have 3 starting caliber Guards to fight for 2 starting spots. Pugh could be a big time steal. He and Jensen could both have their best years under their next contract.

Castanzo - Pugh - Kelly - Jensen - Haeg

I was on board with this until I saw Haag.  He's a utility backup at best.  And probably not even that.  We will probably draft an OL or two and he and Clarke are most likely gone. RT is wide open now with Good the frontrunner until after FA and the draft. 

On 3/16/2018 at 12:59 PM, gnet550 said:

I really don't think this rules Jensen out.. 1. we really need 3 linemen 2 Guards and a RT.  2. Jensen can play either G spot, as can Pugh.  3. Pugh has played some RT so he could be an option there. 4. I saw where Jensen is still meeting with Colts staff today and he plans on making a decision by tomorrow. 

All and all we were getting frustrated with Ballard, but he seems to have been hitting lots of agents up.  Right now we are meeting with Grant, Jensen, and Mafawa(the Cowboys LB I know thats not the right speeling).  On top of that Ebron is visiting on Sunday and we are trying to get Pugh in here.  Things are looking much more positive than a couple of days ago.

Aaaannnnnnnd...there goes that theory :)