Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomDiggs

Zach Brown re-signs with Redskins

Another LB folks were hoping for comes off the board. And another in the 3 year $24M range. That makes Williamson and Brown and Davis now.

At this point I doubt we invest any real $ at LB and look to the draft or fill in players like we did w Bostic last year. It seems we were never willing to pony up $8M a year for LBs and that is what the going rate was and is for all of the ones our fans seemed to want.

Preston Brown is still out there. 

He's been a tackling machine for Buffalo the past 4 years (512) & hasn't missed a game in that time span. He was tied for the league lead in tackles last year. I know that doesn't mean too much, but it lets me know he's always near the ball. We could really use a LB like that. 

6 minutes ago, Luckuania said:

Preston Brown is still out there. 

He's been a tackling machine for Buffalo the past 4 years (512) & hasn't missed a game in that time span. He was tied for the league lead in tackles last year. I know that doesn't mean too much, but it lets me know he's always near the ball. We could really use a LB like that. 

Wont end up with him either.

20 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Wont end up with him either.

Probably not. But here's to hoping. 

The Colts must really like the LB depth in the draft. I’m surprised they haven’t gone after any FA LBs.

This draft is loaded at LB. The way the trade down is looking we may be in the perfect range to get one of Smith or Edmunds. LVE would be amazing but probably won’t last until our second round now. Lorenzo Carter is another possibility.

1 minute ago, Indy Fan said:

This draft is loaded at LB. The way the trade down is looking we may be in the perfect range to get one of Smith or Edmunds. LVE would be amazing but probably won’t last until our second round now. Lorenzo Carter is another possibility.

Edmunds is my favorite prospect in the draft. He's so young (19) & raw that if we drafted him, he legitimately should last a good 10- 15 years with the organization, barring injury of course. Plus he's got good bloodlines. 

Leighton Vander-Esch is a great prospect imo also. He's got perfect size & seems to be ready to step in day 1. 

I'd be stoked with either of these guys. 

Both the Georgia guys look to be good also (I've seen plenty of Ga recently, being as I live in Ga). I'm just higher on Edmunds & LVE. 

52 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts must really like the LB depth in the draft. I’m surprised they haven’t gone after any FA LBs.

We haven't done nothing while all these good players go get signed Ballard just sits there and doesn't do anything besides sign backups to average players that wont fix this team.

37 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We haven't done nothing while all these good players go get signed Ballard just sits there and doesn't do anything besides sign backups to average players that wont fix this team.

He’s been actively linked to multiple free agents. You can’t force someone to sign... still tons of free agents available so worry not!

2 hours ago, Indy Fan said:

It is but we need a MLB, WILL, and possibly a SAM. The MLB is really important in a Tampa-2. We don’t have enough picks

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It is but we need a MLB, WILL, and possibly a SAM. The MLB is really important in a Tampa-2. We don’t have enough picks

Exactly and ignoring the better o linemen in FA will make us look at guards and tackles in the draft too nowhere near enough picks 

With a handful of starter-level ILBs in FA, I really thought Ballard wouild look to fix the ILB spot with an established talent to help the transition. And given that these deals seem reasonable, I am surprised the Colts haven't even been really connected to any of them.

It's looking more and more like ILB will be an early target in the draft...possibly the top pick after a trade back (Edmunds, Smith). Still, at the very least, the Colts need some established talent at LB...whether it's OLB or ILB. The current group of guys slated to play MIKE or WILL is hot garbage.