Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do I keep seeing reports about the Colts and Ndamukong Suh being a good fit? (merge)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suh ranked as the 5th best defensive linemen per PFF with a grade of 91.0

This talk about locker room cancer is blown out of the water

Also, the talk about getting younger is fine and all but you're not gonna win with everyone at the age of 24.

He's still dominant and would bring a aggressive attitude to the defense.

I'm all for it

A interior DL with Suh (5th best DL via PFF), Hankins (20th best DL via PFF), and Woods (24 best DL via PFF) would be awesome.

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

Suh ranked as the 5th best defensive linemen per PFF with a grade of 91.0

This talk about locker room cancer is blown out of the water

Also, the talk about getting younger is fine and all but you're not gonna win with everyone at the age of 24.

He's still dominant and would bring a aggressive attitude to the defense.

I'm all for it

I am all about getting younger but when it comes to certain players I make an exception. He would be one. It's not like he's farting dust either, he just turned 31, not like he's 35.

4 minutes ago, gregr507 said:

I don't see Ballard offering the kind of money he is after

We'd only have to beat the highest bidder and if you consider the current market who can honestly afford to overpay him?  I'd have no problem offering 3/50-54m (16.66-18 per), 30 GTD. 

Suh could turn our defense around like he did for the Lions.  I don't blame him for Miami's dysfunctional environment.

The OP in the Dolphins thread below tried to pass along the Suh Locker Room Cancer stuff and just about every Dolphins fan rode against the OP. They all said he Was Not a cancer

https://finheaven.com/threads/suh-has-always-been-the-cancer-on-this-team.346323/page-2

Their biggest gripe was the entirely too large contract. Barely none of them said he wasn't a great player or he didnt play hard. They said he was constantly double teamed but the other Dolphins players didnt make plays.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am all about getting younger but when it comes to certain players I make an exception. He would be one. It's not like he's farting dust either, he just turned 31, not like he's 35.

I am too but everytime someone says something about a player who is 30+ all I see is:

"Don't want him, too old"

"We're trying to get younger, no thanks"

Need some leaders and veterans on every team

2 minutes ago, tvturner said:

I am too but everytime someone says something about a player who is 30+ all I see is:

"Don't want him, too old"

"We're trying to get younger, no thanks"

Need some leaders and veterans on every team

Yeah every once in a while there are players that can make an impact passed 30. I think Suh would be one of them. I usually like players between 25-29 but I think Suh probably has 2 or 3 solid years left in him. He is completely healthy and just turned 31 2 months ago. 

1 hour ago, gregr507 said:

I don't see Ballard offering him the kind of money he is probably after

Going to "highest bidder "

Fit and scheme don't matter...

And THIS is likely why we won't sign him.

Suh is a mercenary.   In it for the money, not for the team.   The exact opposite of what Ballard wants.

Pass....

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

The OP in the Dolphins thread below tried to pass along the Suh Locker Room Cancer stuff and just about every Dolphins fan rode against the OP. They all said he Was Not a cancer

https://finheaven.com/threads/suh-has-always-been-the-cancer-on-this-team.346323/page-2

Their biggest gripe was the entirely too large contract. Barely none of them said he wasn't a great player or he didnt play hard. They said he was constantly double teamed but the other Dolphins players didnt make plays.

This place won’t care about that. The forum is constantly against players who have any kind of issues prior. No one believes players can change or deserve chance to change

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Suh is a mercenary.   In it for the money, not for the team.   The exact opposite of what Ballard wants.

Pass....

Oh, would you stop? You don’t know what Ballard wants , you just know what you want (or don’t).

There’s an important distinction to be made.

Ballard said he doesn’t want to overpay mid-tier guys. Last time I checked , Suh wasn’t average.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

This place won’t care about that. The forum is constantly against players who have any kind of issues prior. No one believes players can change or deserve chance to change

4 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Sad but true!

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Suh will demand a lot of money but he is Top 5 at his position. We have a lot of money to spend. What is the purpose of having a ton of money if you aren't going to use it on Good players?

Shoulda given Moncrief 20 million. Woulda solved everything.

4 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Oh, would you stop? You don’t know what Ballard wants , you just know what you want (or don’t).

There’s an important distinction to be made.

Ballard said he doesn’t want to overpay mid-tier guys. Last time I checked , Suh wasn’t average.

Huh?

I don't know what Ballard wants?

Unlike most posters on this website, I actually read the stories and view the interviews on thus website.   And Ballard is quite clear what he wants.  He has been clear since he arrived here.   If you don't know, that's in you, not me.

I'm not guaranteeing we won't sign him.  I rarely guarantee anything.   But I think it's highly unlikely.

And when it's reported that Suh doesn't care about the team or the scheme, only the money, I'm confident that's NOT what Ballard is looking for....

I'm comfortable with what I wrote...   you're free to disagree...

Did anybody ever care that Derrell Revis wanted to be paid when he was still good? Did they call him a selfish me first not about the team jerk? So why is Suh this if he wants money? This is a business. All players are about money TBH. This isn't Albert Haynesworth we are talking about here. Suh earns his check.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Did anybody ever care that Derrell Revis wanted to be paid when he was still good? Did they call him a selfish me first not about the team jerk? So why is Suh this if he wants money? This is a business. All players are about money TBH

I agree. It’s  not like teams won’t cut a player at the drop of a hat. Get as much money as fast as you can. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

I don't know what Ballard wants?

Unlike most posters on this website, I actually read the stories and view the interviews on thus website.   And Ballard is quite clear what he wants.  He has been clear since he arrived here.   If you don't know, that's in you, not me.

I'm not guaranteeing we won't sign him.  I rarely guarantee anything.   But I think it's highly unlikely.

And when it's reported that Suh doesn't care about the team or the scheme, only the money, I'm confident that's NOT what Ballard is looking for....

I'm comfortable with what I wrote...   you're free to disagree...

Yeah, as do I. Suh really doesn’t veer from his free-agency approach. Suh is elite (or close to). 

The rest of the “mercenary, in it for the money , not for the team” crap , is just you crowbarring your beliefs into “ the exact opposite of what Ballard wants”.

Who cares about a tweet? 

But yes, I would agree it’s unlikely, though I doubt it will be for the character issues you’re afraid of.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

Did anybody ever care that Derrell Revis wanted to be paid when he was still good? Did they call him a selfish me first not about the team jerk? So why is Suh this if he wants money? This is a business. All players are about money TBH. This isn't Albert Haynesworth we are talking about here. Suh earns his check.

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Yeah, as do I. Suh really doesn’t veer from his free-agency approach. Suh is elite (or close to). 

The rest of the “mercenary, in it for the money , not for the team” crap , is just you crowbarring your beliefs into “ the exact opposite of what Ballard wants”.

Who cares about a tweet? 

But yes, I would agree it’s unlikely, though I doubt it will be for the character issues you’re afraid of.

You may think Suh is elite but the people I see...   like former GMs Bill Polian, Charley Casserly and future GM  Louis Riddick don't agree.   

They say he he shows flashes of greatness, but all too often he's no where to be found and his okay leaves much to be desired.    So professionals are not impressed with Suh the way fans are.

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

Suh earns his check?

The two teams who had him let him walk out the door.    I doubt they agree with you.

And Polian, Casserly and Riddick all think he only flashes his talent but doesn't give his team nearly enough bang for the buck.  So they don't agree with you.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Where are you thinking he will be out in Miami? If we could get him i would be so happy he's awesome the best WR on the dolphins imo 

There were talks of him being traded for Bryant earlier in the offseason. He and Cutler had some magic early in the season but he had a high ankle sparain that derailed it. He never really clicked with Tannenhill. That said they just sign Amendola and Wilson and they have Stills who they like a lot. Nothing official just only so many balls to go around. Just a hunch.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You may think Suh is elite but the people I see...   like former GMs Bill Polian, Charley Casserly and future GM  Louis Riddick don't agree.   

They say he he shows flashes of greatness, but all too often he's no where to be found and his okay leaves much to be desired.    So professionals are not impressed with Suh the way fans are.

Well, that’s a different discussion. And I could bring up a million things I disagree with Polian over.

Of course Suh wasn’t a “bang for your buck” player. No DT could’ve lived up to that deal , and especially not in Miami.

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pass....

NCF they are looking for the money.  Scheme and fit might come into play but look at Hitchens and his connection to Eberflus. He went for the money.   Look at Melvin.  I would bet we offered him a fair contract and we're the team that gave him his opportunity.  So much for team loyalty, all he wants is the biggest contract he can get.  Suh can play any fit and scheme and he should get paid as one of the top players.  Ballard said he won't overpay but he is willing to pay for top talent.  I say bring him in and see if we can get him.  Let Ballard make his pitch and see what happens.  Nothing to lose but a huge gain if it works out.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Kind of like an elite pass rusher, may only get one sack a game for 16 sack season but it’s more than just sacks, it’s pressure that doesn’t show up on stats.  Interior DL have the toughest job, every play it’s a no holds Barr all out effort that 75% of the time ends in no impact on the play.  Factor in we’re talking about 300 plus lb Mammoth Beasts & it’s easy to disappear on tape if you don’t rotate or have depth.  Imagine a zero degree, swirling winds type playoff game on the road in Jan?  Andrew Luck/TY Hilton or Suh/Hankins dominating the LOS?  Playoffs are won in the trenches!

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

What does Bill Polian and Charlie Casserly know about defense anyway? There's nothing you can produce to say Suh hasn't been very productive his entire career. Especially leaving Detrioit.

I'm speechless..,   So we will just agree to disagree.

14 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Well, that’s a different discussion. And I could bring up a million things I disagree with Polian over.

Of course Suh wasn’t a “bang for your buck” player. No DT could’ve lived up to that deal , and especially not in Miami.

So true. He was grossly overpaid. That's not hos fault. The work he did in Detroit put him in line for a big pay day. But as you say you'd have to be Superman to live up to that deal.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

NCF they are looking for the money.  Scheme and fit might come into play but look at Hitchens and his connection to Eberflus. He went for the money.   Look at Melvin.  I would bet we offered him a fair contract and we're the team that gave him his opportunity.  So much for team loyalty, all he wants is the biggest contract he can get.  Suh can play any fit and scheme and he should get paid as one of the top players.  Ballard said he won't overpay but he is willing to pay for top talent.  I say bring him in and see if we can get him.  Let Ballard make his pitch and see what happens.  Nothing to lose but a huge gain if it works out.

I don't mind players going for the money.

But when scheme and team don't matter, THAT's where I draw the line.

Hey...  Ballard may agree with you and try to sign him.   And I'll support Ballard as I've repeatedly said I would.   But I think Suh is not the type of player that Ballard has always talked about...

One last thought:  CB said he will not pay mediocre talent big $$ & I 100% agree but never said he would not pay top talent big $$!  Suh is top 5 at his position so it’s going to come down to how CB & staff value the Interior DL position for this defense to be successful.  IMO, if we plan on running the TAMPA 2, we must have a dominant inside presence on DL to stop the run or its 375 yd type games all over.  I hope CB & staff do plenty of research of Colts prior TAMPA 2 days to figure this out.

13 minutes ago, Trueman said:

For real though , I was watching Polian on NFL live today, and pretty much everything he said was something I didn’t agree with.

Casserly is alright , though, and LR is pretty legit.

Let’s be real, every colts fan didn’t agree with Polians decisions during his tenure through draft or FA.  When your hand fed PM & only win 1 SB, I question his roster building but since he got that 1 Championship in a small market people don’t care & forget.  He tried way too hard to find a gem instead of going with sure thing so don’t take BP comments as weight of Gold.

It was Polian's decision to rest everyone when we were 14-0. For as brilliant as he was at times, he was also odd. I don't know of any other GM in the history of Football that would not try for 16-0 when they are 14-0. He built some Very Good teams/borderline Great teams in Buffalo but without Peyton Manning here he would be ringless, JMO and an opinion most agree with actually.