Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do I keep seeing reports about the Colts and Ndamukong Suh being a good fit? (merge)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

So please explain you cup is half full colt fan, What culture do the colts now have?

I really am curious.

I’ve got no problem with the culture Ballard is instilling here. Young hungry team. No longer holding onto old over the hill players with bloated contracts. Starting guys based on talent and not their salary. We have a clean slate here. New coaches, staff, cleaned out the dead weight, getting a fresh healthy Andrew back...what’s not to like? I’ve been a Colts fan since they arrived in Indy and love the direction we are headed....if you can’t be patient enough to give the rebuild a few years then save us all the crying and go watch some soccer.

ps I love soccer too just saying it’s going to take time for this...welcome to reality.

Well, him and Hankins might stuff Fournette and force Bortles to throw the ball......maybe to Moncrief we could hope.  

We've got some space.  How about 2 years $20 million with $8 million guaranteed.  He's still a very good player and doesn't seem to get injured.

He had a bad coach in Detroit that encouraged that stuff he did.  Still not a model player, but his time with Miami wasn't bad highltight reel stuff was it?

Just now, DougDew said:

Well, him and Hankins might stuff Fournette and force Bortles to throw the ball.  

We've got some space.  How about 2 years $20 million with $8 million guaranteed.  He's still a very good player and doesn't seem to get injured.

He had a bad coach in Detroit that encouraged that stuff he did.  Still not a model player, but his time with Miami wasn't bad highltight reel stuff was it?

Try 2 Years 35 million.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, him and Hankins might stuff Fournette and force Bortles to throw the ball.  

itll take more than 10 million per year.. closer to 20 milion per year would do it

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Still, we have the space.  I'm interested in keeping the time commitment short, the money isn't that big of a deal.

Ya I’d give him like a 4 year deal where he makes like 17M the first two years then drops to 12 the next two. But only guarantee the first $30 M so if we needed to we could cut him after 2 years

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Nah.  He's got baggage and he's not young anymore.  He may want that, but we'll see what a team gives him.

my guess is he'll be in that area.  Hes the highest grade FA this year and lots of teams have the space. Ballard would pretty much have to go big.  That's why I don't think its realistic

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Get him and honey badger and that could give us a couple of great players on D wouldn't help luck stay healthy in any way tho 

Colts aren't getting honey badger, he's already said he wants to go to a team that has a solid D focus

He's a great fit that would help us in the run game and pass rush.  The only games he's ever missed was when he was suspended and that was years ago.  He's a difference maker even at 31.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if we bring him in.  I actually think if we don't sign him then we are signing Poe. 

How many times has Ballard said that he'svery focused on how sogmomgs will affect the locker room? Suh would be a complete and total reversal of what he's been preaching. Miami let him go in order to facilitate a culture change. This does NOT seem like something Ballard would go for (and honestly I would agree with him here)

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Colts aren't getting honey badger, he's already said he wants to go to a team that has a solid D focus

I’d think the Colts fit that bill, definitely feel there will be much focus on improving the defense this off-season 

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Well, him and Hankins might stuff Fournette and force Bortles to throw the ball......maybe to Moncrief we could hope.  

I think that's a good one but  i dont think he will take it..