Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Long rebuild ahead

BProland85

2 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Being impressed isn't my point. 

My point is that I believe many of those games were probably wins with Luck out there and somebody other than Pagano on the sidelines. 

With (hopefully) a completely healthy Luck back and a much better coaching staff, I think we're closer than many people think.

We'll see. Hopefully we gain some major talent in the draft and what's left in FA. Don't have a huge opinion of Reich yet except he reminds me of Jim Harbaugh, which is a good thing. Lets see if he is as talented a Coach as him.

It is about who you surround yourself with. That was Pagano's downfall, IMO. I hope this set of coaches end up being different. 

All those 4th qtr. comebacks on Peyton's and Luck's resume contributed to several close wins, and a few more wins have led to playoff berths and then you go as far as you can go once you get there. Let us not diminish the importance of a QB for winning close games. 

12 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

I am still not even convinced that Luck is going to play. If that is the case, then it is going to be a long rebuild.

Even with Luck it will still be a long rebuild. The people who think we will automatically be a contender with Luck must think the other teams in the division are just gonna lay down. 

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It is about who you surround yourself with. That was Pagano's downfall, IMO. I hope this set of coaches end up being different. 

All those 4th qtr. comebacks on Peyton's and Luck's resume contributed to several close wins, and a few more wins have led to playoff berths and then you go as far as you can go once you get there. Let us not diminish the importance of a QB for winning close games. 

Pagano's downfall was his lack of intelligence.

I don't know why people think we would get anything for Andrew?  There isn't even proof he can throw a football.  His shoulder sounds messy.  I love him as a QB, and I want him coming back strong like Drew Brees.  Until he can play in a game, throw the ball, and not get hurt when he gets hit, nobody should be talking trade.  I think the best thing for Andrew right now is a running game and a defense. 

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

With what is looking like a multiyear rebuilding process in which Ballard has to build back up what Grigson tore down, would it be smart to trade Luck while he still has great value, since by the time this team is ready to compete for championships, Luck will be in his 30s? I know I know it's blasphemy to discuss trading Luck, but if we're a few years from even competing for contention, why not entertain it?

I think I heard Grady and Big Joe mentioning this to Mike Wells in the sense that Luck is not getting any younger. 

There wont be a long rebuild......we don't need a rebuild on offense..

..You dont get more than a couple of years to be below .500 before everybody gets fired

12 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Even with Luck it will still be a long rebuild. The people who think we will automatically be a contender with Luck must think the other teams in the division are just gonna lay down. 

The length of the rebuild will depend on how good/lucky Ballard is at his job.  Many on this forum were call homie roseman a fool for giving up all those picks for Wentz.  That fool got the Eagles a SB ring in short order.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

As long as CB in the GM...we will be rebuilding for years to come. At least Aprils will be exciting.

as Ballard himself said. Any good GM is ALWAYS looking to build on their team so always BUILDING the team would be a better statement. 

23 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There wont be a long rebuild......we don't need a rebuild on offense..

..You dont get more than a couple of years to be below .500 before everybody gets fired

What offense do we have?  We have a QB who hasn’t played since January 2017 and still not ready. We have what 2 receivers under contract.  We don’t know what we have at RB. The OL is a big question mark?  

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

As long as CB in the GM...we will be rebuilding for years to come. At least Aprils will be exciting.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The only year Luck was one of the best QBs in the league was 2014. His body has acquired lots of injuries since then, and he has also aged 4 years. A trade for three 1st round picks would probably be worth it at this point. We can't protect Luck either and the team is barren of talent, so I don't see how we win another SB before he retires or his contract runs out.

1 hour ago, P'Son said:

Can't trade Luck until he proves he can play.  So far, he has been a no-show.  I still say he's finished.

Yep, he'd have to pass a physical.

Luck is 28, and he'll be 29 in the fall. His body is also very beat up. There's no guarantee he'll even play again yet.

Well, even if Luck does play, the O-Line is awful and we better do something about it quickly or Luck's career is in danger.

make-it-stop-make-it-stop.jpg

Im-begging-you-Please-make-it-stop.jpg

Please-Make-It-Stop-2.jpg

I remember Luck being one of the best QBs in the league in 2012, 2014, AND 2016.  :thinking:

I guess he likes even numbers.  :P

What year is it?  2018?

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Worst to first. Happens all the time. I'm not sure it can happen with Brissett as our starting qb though. I really think Andrew Luck is done. Prove me wrong Colts.....cause until I actually see him out there throwing..... I don't believe a word you say.

If Luck is done then the Colts get to pick whichever QB they want in this years draft.  Problem solved.

3 hours ago, P'Son said:

Can't trade Luck until he proves he can play.  So far, he has been a no-show.  I still say he's finished.

???

Please show us all how Luck is "finished" because he was a "no-show" in 2012, 2014, and 2016.

2012: 

2014:

2016:

He threw for over 4,000 yds in each of those seasons, and 40 TDs in 2014.

What else does he have to "show" you to "prove" he's not "finished"... ???

I don't think we are a finished product by any means, but I also don't think we are as far away as some seem to think. We were still in a lot of games last year, even as the injuries mounted. I'm not saying Luck is a cure-all, but between a new staff, him being back, the draft, and hopefully still adding a few pieces in FA, I think we become more competitive.

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

???

Please show us all how Luck is "finished" because he was a "no-show" in 2012, 2014, and 2016.

2012: 

2014:

2016:

He threw for over 4,000 yds in each of those seasons, and 40 TDs in 2014.

What else does he have to "show" you to "prove" he's not "finished"... ???

It's easy.  All he has to do is show up soon, throw some long passes, and demonstrate accuracy.  Outside of that, he's finished.  I told you that back in September.  Keep on hoping...

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

Pagano's downfall was he was DB coach that somehow got a HC gig.

He was way over his head.

Colts downfall was hiring him.