Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions released TE Ebron

• Virtuoso80 changed the title to Lions released TE Ebron

He's actually a guy I wouldn't mind kicking the tire on.

He has somehow regressed in the past year or two and isn't a player on the rise. That said, he has just as much or more natural talent than these other TEs like Burton that are getting $8M annually.

I think think is someone the Colts should go after.  Not as a replacement for Doyle but just as a complimentary TE.  He's a good blocker, good receiver and has very good speed for the TE position.

Never has lived up to his first round billing but would make an excellent TE2 with Doyle being TE1.

If it were the Grigson/Pagano era we’d be all in. Those guys loved those big 3 TE sets so we could tip our hand to the defense that we were gonna run. 

Now, I’m not so sure. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reich go 3 WR 1 TE more often than not. And Ballard seems to be against spending on anything but cheap guys no one else covets. Ebron will draw more attention and money than Ballard seems willing to even consider. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

If it were the Grigson/Pagano era we’d be all in. Those guys loved those big 3 TE sets so we could tip our hand to the defense that we were gonna run. 

Now, I’m not so sure. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reich go 3 WR 1 TE more often than not. And Ballard seems to be against spending on anything but cheap guys no one else covets. Ebron will draw more attention and money than Ballard seems willing to even consider. 

Could be.  I assuming Ebron will be a 2nd Tier free agent.

Looks like Luke Wilson is on the market also

Panthers | Luke Willson visiting Wednesday    Wed Mar 14, 05:38 PM

Free-agent TE Luke Willson (Seahawks) will visit with the Carolina Panthers on Wednesday, March 14.
Link to story
Luke Willson player page

4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think think is someone the Colts should go after.  Not as a replacement for Doyle but just as a complimentary TE.  He's a good blocker, good receiver and has very good speed for the TE position.

Never has lived up to his first round billing but would make an excellent TE2 with Doyle being TE1.

Exactly CD....    We can use  2 TE sets....and he can catch.

He wont ask for much......and Andrew will find him

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly CD....    We can use  2 TE sets....and he can catch.

He wont ask for much......and Andrew will find him

He won't ask for much?     Does Enron know this?    Odds are he'd like to still be paid as a starter.   Whether he gets that or not is another story...

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

If I was a player in this FA period, I would request my release.

But seriously, Ebron could be an option. I know he has been a big bust as a top pick, but he could worth rolling the dice on.

He's caught 160 passes in this last 3 years....I would not call him an all-pro but I would not call him a bust..

Doesnt matter where he was drafted once we get him.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

He won't ask for much?     Does Enron know this?    Odds are he'd like to still be paid as a starter.   Whether he gets that or not is another story...

He just got cut....He wont get the $8.25 million he was going to get..

Tight ends don't make that much.

I agree....   but he was asked to take a pay cut and didn't....

So that tells me that he and his agent think there's going to be a better market for him than you or I might think.

Id be interested in him as a reasonably priced TE2...    but I don't see that happening...