Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Post-Combine Mock

Departures: Manning, Wayne, Garçon, Brackett, Bullitt, Addai, Brayton

Signings: Evan Mathis, Red Bryant, Matt Giordano, Robert Meachem

Trades: 34th and 65th pick to the Eagles for 46th and 51st pick.

Dwight Freeney to Buffalo for 41st and 105th pick(?)

1.1: Andrew Luck QB Stanford

2.41: Vinny Curry DE/OLB Marshall

2.46: Brandon Thompson NT Clemson

2.51: Harrison Smith SS Notre Dame

4.97: Dwight Jones WR UNC

4.105: Nigel Bradham ILB FSU

4.comp: Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt

5.128: Derek Wolfe DE/DT Cincinnati

6.161: Dwight Bently CB Louisiana-Lafayette

7.191: Donte Paige-Moss DE/OLB UNC

Thoughts?

I would still go with the other Jones for a Reciever in Marvin. Dwight looked horrible at the Senior Bowl, unable to get any separation. So if he can't get separation there, I can't see him being able to in the Pros. Other than that, I love it. good choices.

Also who is Evan Mathis, you mean Robert?

So your betting Manning is leaving and Dwight Freeny should be traded for a rookie of the same position, and Wayne + Garcon are leaving and we dont draft a WR Until the 4th round and Meacheam will solve all out WR problems.

haha. I respectively think little of this draft. I do like Vinny Curry as a OLB tough.

So your betting Manning is leaving and Dwight Freeny should be traded for a rookie of the same position, and Wayne + Garcon are leaving and we dont draft a WR Until the 4th round and Meacheam will solve all out WR problems.

haha. I respectively think little of this draft. I do like Vinny Curry as a OLB tough.

Manning will probably leave.

Freeney doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme and is in the final year of his deal.

Meachem has been more productive than Garcon in a stacked offense.

We need a cornerback before a WR, there is always talent at WR late in the draft - especially this year, very deep class.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Manning will probably leave.

Freeney doesn't fit the 3-4 scheme and is in the final year of his deal.

Meachem has been more productive than Garcon in a stacked offense.

We need a cornerback before a WR, there is always talent at WR late in the draft - especially this year, very deep class.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Why is it so hard to understand that the chance of us trading Freeney (especially to the bills) is .001%....yet lots of people include it in every mock draft?

I would still go with the other Jones for a Reciever in Marvin. Dwight looked horrible at the Senior Bowl, unable to get any separation. So if he can't get separation there, I can't see him being able to in the Pros. Other than that, I love it. good choices.

Also who is Evan Mathis, you mean Robert?

Evan Mathis is the Eagles OG, probably the 3rd best FA OG. I want to place the franchise tag on Mathis to make sure he can make the transition, and if he can then give him his big contract next year.

Evan Mathis is the Eagles OG, probably the 3rd best FA OG. I want to place the franchise tag on Mathis to make sure he can make the transition, and if he can then give him his big contract next year.

Giving him a big contract at 32 would not really be wise in my opinion. A 3-4 year deal now would make sense.

I don't think Freeney will make the transition to 3-4, and no it's not favorable to lose Reggie and Garçon and only get Meachem and a rookie WR, but it's looking like that is possible. If we can get someone like Stevie Johnson for a reasonable contract then great. We're likely to be picking in the top 10 next year and we can get a stud WR like Robert Woods to throw to next year. Maybe we could draft Mohamed Sanu or Alshon Jeffery instead of Harrison Smith and sign Tom Zbikowski to start at SS next year...?

Thoughts?

Not a bad mock, but with the big need at WR with the Wayne and Garcon departures which I could see happening, I would change some of your picks to this....

1st- Andrew Luck(no complaints here)

2nd(41)- WR Reuben Randle(We need a potential #1 WR for the future)

2nd(46)- NT Brandon Thompson(no complaints)

2nd(51)- DE/OLB Vinny Curry(I think he could be had here since he is 24 years old to start the season.)

4th(97)- WR Joe Adams(Really like this WR, and his lack luster 40 time could allow him to drop a little.)

4th(105)- TE Ladarius Green(Need a big athletic TE of the future in the mold of Finley and Graham.)

Fine with the rest of draft.

I would sign SS Tom Zbikowski instead of having Harrison Smith. I just dont think as much of him as others I guess. I see him as a slighty better Zbikowski and the safety class in 2013 draft is better anyhow.

Not a bad mock, but with the big need at WR with the Wayne and Garcon departures which I could see happening, I would change some of your picks to this....

1st- Andrew Luck(no complaints here)

2nd(41)- WR Reuben Randle(We need a potential #1 WR for the future)

2nd(46)- NT Brandon Thompson(no complaints)

2nd(51)- DE/OLB Vinny Curry(I think he could be had here since he is 24 years old to start the season.)

4th(97)- WR Joe Adams(Really like this WR, and his lack luster 40 time could allow him to drop a little.)

4th(105)- TE Ladarius Green(Need a big athletic TE of the future in the mold of Finley and Graham.)

Fine with the rest of draft.

I would sign SS Tom Zbikowski instead of having Harrison Smith. I just dont think as much of him as others I guess. I see him as a slighty better Zbikowski and the safety class in 2013 draft is better anyhow.

I'm not that high on Reuben Randle, I like Mohamed Sanu a lot more. Guy had 115 catches and over 1,200 yards last year. A more offensive mock that I had in mind was:

2.41: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers

2.51: Coby Fleener TE Stanford

4.97: Jake Bequette DE/OLB Arkansas

I think Sanu can be a future star in the NFL, don't care if his 40 was slow because he looks like the fastest guy on the field when he has the ball. I think Fleener can be the next Jimmy Graham or Rob Grokowski, and a familiar target to Luck. Bequette needs to lose a little weight to gain quickness and if he can do that he can play 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

I forgot to add the 6th round composition pick. Vontaze Burfict if he's there? I like DeQuan Menzie if he's there too.

I'm not that high on Reuben Randle, I like Mohamed Sanu a lot more. Guy had 115 catches and over 1,200 yards last year. A more offensive mock that I had in mind was:

2.41: Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers

2.51: Coby Fleener TE Stanford

4.97: Jake Bequette DE/OLB Arkansas

I think Sanu can be a future star in the NFL, don't care if his 40 was slow because he looks like the fastest guy on the field when he has the ball. I think Fleener can be the next Jimmy Graham or Rob Grokowski, and a familiar target to Luck. Bequette needs to lose a little weight to gain quickness and if he can do that he can play 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

I forgot to add the 6th round composition pick. Vontaze Burfict if he's there? I like DeQuan Menzie if he's there too.

I love this version. As long as we stay far away from Burfict. I just think he has massive bust written all over him, even in the 6th.

I really like the majority of your draft, espescially the corners. Problem is, neither of them will be there in the spots you have them taken. Mel Kiper has Dwight Bentley ranked as the fourth best corner in the draft, he'll be gone no later than the end of the second. Casey Hayward has a slim chance to be there in the late 4's, if the Colts want him they will most likely have to draft him with their 3rd round pick (or late 2nd the way you have it set up). But like I said for the most part i really like the draft, especially the 3 people we took in the second round.

As far as the draft picks go...love them all (except Dwight Jones) but I'm fairly certain both Hayward and Bentley will be gone by the mid third. Bradham might not make it to the fourth either because of his versatility.

As far as the pre-draft moves go though...not so much. Although I do like the signings so long as we have the space.

Thoughts?

Love the idea, except loosing Manning. Not a fan of Giordano much either.. And u took that bad dude Nigel Bradham.. This is what I would do

2. Kendal Reyes DE

2. Kevin Zeitler G

2. Leonard or Trumaine Johnson CB

4. Nigel Bradham LB

4. Mike Martin or Kheeston Randal DE

4. Josh Chapman NT

5. Matt Daniels SS

6. Asa Jackson CB

7. Donte Paige-Moss OLB

FA: Aubrayo Franklin or Brandon McKinney NT

Evan Mathis or Jake Scott G

Resign and restructure our own, keeping the core but infusing new talent.

Bring Back: MANNING, Mathis, Garçon, Wayne, Wheeler, Saturday

Cut: Brackett, Bullitt, Mookie, Moala, others...