Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts announce 4 rights have been tendered

TKnight24

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

why is this excellent?

These are all guys that are under 1 mill per.    They all have potential.   Swoopes could be our TE2.

And Rhodes is our starting long snapper.

This doesn't mean these guys are locks for the 53 man roster.    It only means they're highly probable for our 90 man roster.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ll be shocked if Vujnovich is on the final 53. He’s arguably the worst player on the roster.

Worst player on the roster?

He started all 16 games!    Hello?

If he's the worst guy on the roster, why is Ballard bringing him back?   He's not a lock to make the roster but it feels like Ballard doesn't agree with your assessment.

Ya think maybe the GM knows something you don't?

12 minutes ago, csmopar said:

because a lot of posters just want to see some type of activity from the Colts

Not me.   I'm not one of those posters.

I listed my reasons in this thread.

These are small but important moves that every team makes and most fans ignore.  This is the business of the NFL.

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i scratched my head there too.  That said, it could just be a depth/hedge thing.  If we upgrade, he becomes expendable 

Yep...I would hope we upgrade enough he isn't necessary but a camp body at the minimum.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

If he's the worst guy on the roster, why is Ballard bringing him back?   He's not a lock to make the roster but it feels like Ballard doesn't agree with your assessment.

I think he made the best out of a bad situation. We probably didn’t have an upgrade on the roster. That’s the only reason I could think he started all those games because numbers and tape don’t lie. Draft in FA is uncertain so it’s probably safer to tender a guy for basically nothing than to cut him now.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

i notice you mention pff a lot

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jeremy-vujnovich/8928.  they graded him as our worst, and one of the worst in the nfl 

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

I think he made the best out of a bad situation. We probably didn’t have an upgrade on the roster. That’s the only reason I could think he started all those games because numbers and tape don’t lie. Draft in FA is uncertain so it’s probably safer to tender a guy for basically nothing than to cut him now.

Yes...   thank you.

You bring the guy back.   Maybe he developes this year under a new coach?

But odds are he doesn't make the roster...   but during camp you want all the decent bodies you can get, and he's easily good enough for camp.    If the Colts cut him, odds are someone will sign him. 

There is a big shortage of O-lineman in the NFL and guys youvthink don't belong on a roster have nice little 4-6 year careers bouncing around the league.

Hey...  it happens....

Just now, aaron11 said:

I have no doubt V graded poorly...   I've never said otherwise...   I've never said he was good...

But please see my post to Defjamz for my explanation so I'm not saying the same thing in multiple posts...

Thanks... 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have no doubt V graded poorly...   I've never said otherwise...   I've never said he was good...

But please see my post to Defjamz for my explanation so I'm not saying the same thing in multiple posts...

Thanks... 

you made a decent point there, but you did ask how was he our worst player

well according to pff, he was

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

you made a decent point there, but you did ask how was he our worst player

well according to pff, he was

No...   he might be our worst STARTER, but he's better than other backups...

Defjamz claimed he was the worst player on the ROSTER.   The worst guy on the roster doesn't start all 16 games.    A backup would take the job. 

And now Ballard is bringing him back for whatever reason..    V may not be good, but he's not the worst on the roster.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not me.   I'm not one of those posters.

I listed my reasons in this thread.

These are small but important moves that every team makes and most fans ignore.  This is the business of the NFL.

Lot's of emotional projectile vomiting on the board right now...I def wanted to see Solder or Norwell, I would have been ok with an overpay for one of those guys given the need but I get it.  The way this seems to be shaping up I see the Colts being in an amazing position to trade back and get several additional picks on draft day.  If it turns out we win big on draft day and keep our own FA's that would be solid.  Mathieu could be an interesting add at the right price.  Looking forward to 4:00....

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’ll be shocked if Vujnovich is on the final 53. He’s arguably the worst player on the roster.

I have recently re-watched some coaches film (All 22) from last year and Jeremy Vujnovich was put on his butt quite often. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Defjamz claimed he was the worst player on the ROSTER.   The worst guy on the roster doesn't start all 16 games.    A backup would take the job. 

And now Ballard is bringing him back for whatever reason..    V may not be good, but he's not the worst on the roster.

I agree. 

On the several plays (I noticed with the all 22) when Jeremy Vujnovich was beaten, he was out of position. Could be a technique thing that the coaches believe he can improve on. He was a starter and it doesn't cost too much to tender him. I am sure he was brought back for depth. 

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Vujnovich? Didn't he rate last of all offensive linemen last year?

He is not worthy of a 53 man roster spot. He was as bad as i have seen since the beginning of Indy Colts.

I guess worth being on the 90 man roster for his leadership and work ethic. Still a little scary.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He is a warm body that did hold up for an entire season. Im more concerned about Swoope. To my recollection he has accompliched zilch. One game? 2? Enough with the project players please.