Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh oh oh no, the world is ending

48 minutes ago, TonyHose said:

Can we please settle down and wait for actual free agency to start at 4 tomorrow all will be ok :)

But that don't fit the sky is falling narrative that too many have. No matter what happens they always look at the negative sides of things.

Then you get those who whine and cry over anything and everything. I get the feeling they are that way in real life too.

1 hour ago, MightyLucks said:

Wait? Free agency hasn’t started yet? Thank god!!!! For some reason I had this crazy 48hr dream where 34 Free Agents agreed to deals. 

In your dream we're you informed of all the deals made? Or is 34 an absolute?

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

In your dream we're you informed of all the deals made? Or is 34 an absolute?

He replied to me in another thread about 10 hours ago saying it was 43 deals, some of them must have been cancelled!!!!  :sip:

Hopefully its Norwell and Robinson! haha

So now ppl don’t have the right to be annoyed or question the inaction of the GM because it doesn’t fit the timeline that you like? Yes, technically Free Agency has not started, but deals are obviously agreed upon and in place. Especially for players that would have made this team better. 

But please continue your spin jobs!

40 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

He replied to me in another thread about 10 hours ago saying it was 43 deals, some of them must have been cancelled!!!!  :sip:

Hopefully its Norwell and Robinson! haha

I’m obviously exaggerating. Saying “free agency hasn’t started yet” isn’t true. You know that and so does every other football fan so idk why everyone is sayIng to calm down because free agency hasn’t started yet. 

I know it's a bit of an over-reaction but the Colts are #3 in cap space and so far it appears as though they are sitting on their hands while all the free agency talent gets signed elsewhere.

Listen I'm not a guy who thinks we should sign every top free agent out there.  But we are #3 in cap space, we have very few players that we're gonna need to pay big money to in order to keep in the fold, a dozen different holes where we don't have a good starter.  You would think we could at least bring in a couple guys who can be good starters.  

Hell we havn't even brought back any players that might be halfway useful to us other then our 45 year old kicker!

Our offensive line is laughable, we literally have the worst starting guards in the league, we're bad at right tackle too.  And we're about to put our franchise quarterback with a surgically repaired shoulder behind it and watch him get beat up AGAIN.  Because apparently we havn't had enough of leading the league in sacks given up.

Our inside linebackers are also some of the worst in the league and we just watched one of the prospects we where linked with agree to a deal with the chiefs.  

Our #2 WR right now is an unproven UDFA who's never been better then our #4 guy previously.

At running back we have a 3rd down back and a goal line back.  We don't have anyone who can run between the tackles.

At CB we have a 2nd round draft pick who MIGHT be a decent player.  Meanwhile we are watching the other capable starter we had on the roster "test the market".

We have very little pass rush.

All of this and we are sitting on 70 million in cap space with very very few major names that we might want to re-sign in the next few years because we have so little talent on the team that no one on the team actually warrants a decent contract.

I'm probably being a little over the top but with this much cap space and this little talent I expected the Colts to be active in Free Agency.  Instead all the best talent is going elsewhere and the Colts it seems are going to be left signing sub-par players.

If Chris Ballard magically where to hit on every draft pick so much that every single person he drafted in 2018 where a pro-bowler in his rookie year we're still a sub 500 team.  Because there are just too many holes to fill. 

32 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

I’m obviously exaggerating. Saying “free agency hasn’t started yet” isn’t true. You know that and so does every other football fan so idk why everyone is sayIng to calm down because free agency hasn’t started yet. 

I know its semantics, but "free agency hasn't started yet" is a true statement.

Just to mention again, I totally understand where you are coming from, it is really frustrating to see all these moves happen and not a peep from our building.  If we had spent $15m/year to get Norwell in or enough money that Robinson would have come, I would have been delighted.  Its just that, based on what Ballard has done thus far in his position, we know he is a meticulous planner, and so I don't believe he is sitting watching these guys get signed up elsewhere without having made a conscious decision not to sign them.  If it turns out he has messed up, I will be more than happy to stand corrected (and change my avatar!!!).

Have enjoyed the debate with you and others on this.  Sometimes this forum sees people taking offense to debate or being illogically incapable of changing their mind, even when proven wrong, but some of the debates have been pretty enjoyable these last 36 hours.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

No worried really.. not sure we're gonna be world beaters anyways this year; especially with the other 3 teams in the division really beefing up. But hey, at least we get our best player back!

When did they announce Pat McAfee was coming back?!?!?! haha

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Don't worry guys we will be patient and sign the scrubs nobody wants to cheap team friendly deals...We have to be frugal and manage the cap we have a bunch of good players we have to resign in next few years!!:sarcasm:

No, didn't you read above? FA hasn't started yet!

We're still in play for Norwell, Robinson, Rocjardson, Watkins, Hitchens. Everybody!!!

I think Ballard will sign atleast a couple big time FA's.