Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Free Agent Wishlist After Initial Signings

33 minutes ago, Shive said:

The Dolphins are eating about $22M in dead cap space to get rid of Dig, for what they've deemed "efforts to change the team culture". That's a PC way of saying Duh was not a positive effect in the locker room. As good of a player as he is, he's just not a guy I see Ballard bringing in.

The dolphins are making lots of questionable moves so I would take that into consideration and not just blame the player. Either way, we aren’t getting Suh. Too expensive for CB

21 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Matters not, as most of what's left is depth guys who evidentially you will be banking on becoming great starters. meh, I'm not impressed. Seems like a talent depleted roster just became even more less talented and that's if what you are saying turns out to be true. Still the Colts haven't signed anybody

You're in full panic mode bro.

Jordy Nelson or Terrelle Pryor aren't upgrades at WR?

Sitton or Pugh aren't upgrades on the OL?

There's plenty of talent available. You seem to forget that Jacksonville for YEARS spent huge in free agency and continually ended up in the bottom 5.

The contracts these guys are getting are insane compared to their value.

60 million for Malcom Butler? 30 million for McKinnon? 16 million a year for Watkins, who wasn't even top 3 in receptions on his own team?

Yea, I'll pass on that all day.

1. The #Giants are expected to sign former #Patriots LT Nate Solder, source said. They get their franchise left tackle. Huge get.

48-La4Vw_bigger.jpgIan RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 19m19 minutes ago
    The #Texans are expected to sign interior OL Zach Fulton, formerly of the #Chiefs, to a deal that averages roughly $7.5M per year, source said.

48-La4Vw_bigger.jpgIan RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 29m29 minutes ago
    The #Giants are expected to sign former #AZCardinals OLB Kareem Martin, source said, and his familiarity with new DC James Bettcher should help.

48-La4Vw_bigger.jpgIan RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 31m31 minutes ago
    The #Jets are expected to sign former #Redskins C Spencer Long, source said.
    25 replies240 retweets465 likes

5. OLMhmhO2_bigger.jpgCameron WolfeVerified account @CameronWolfe 1h1 hour ago
    Titans are signing G Josh Kline to a 4-year, $26M with $12M gtd, per source. Potential to make up to $27M.

By signing Case Keenum, Elway got to retain DT, Sanders and possibly C.J.Anderson. Looking at current market rates, he probably was wise doing so. Plus he got something in return for Talib too after saving room on the cap. 

Make or break with Case Keenum, but at least he didn't have to gut his team for Kirk Cousins. 

Ballard is building a team and you do not do that by overpaying for guys.  Many of these players will sign huge deals now and will be cut within the next 2 or 3 years.  Or restructuring and giving some money back.  Happens each year.  I am fine with Ballard sitting back and going after certain people he knows will fit.  Then, you go out and do well in the draft...this is a good philosophy to building a contender.

Everyone always wants to look at the Pats for how they have done...they draft late each round.  And they never spend huge in FA at all.  They have actually lost a lot already this year with FA.  They will draft and fill roles with some mid-tier FA's and be ok next year. 

RB-Blount, J Hill, Gore, D Murray

WR-Brice Butler, Jordan Matthews, Jordy Nelson, Cody Latimer, Brandon Coleman, Pryor

TE-Ed Dickson, Ebron, Julius Thomas

OT-Fleming, Pugh, G Robinson, Howard, Newhouse

OG-Fluker, Jensen, Mewhort, Joekel, Sitton(still seems to be avail from what I see?)

DL-Suh, Poe, Richardson, Clayborn, Aaron Lynch, B Logan, 

LB-Whitehead, LaRoy Reynolds, Zach Brown, Kevin Minter, Sean Weatherspoon, Preston Brown, Ramik Wilson

CB-Melvin, Gaines, Fuller, Lane, Desir

S- Searcy, Mathieu

Obviously there is some guys still left.

Hopefully we can bring in a few guys from this list.

I also wouldnt be surprised to see Colta make a play on Tyrell Williams. Not for a 2nd round pick but I could see them engage in some talks, with Reich and OC connection.

Thoughts? Any of these new names to the thread interest anyone?

Most of the OP's guys are still out there, to the best of my knowledge... I'd definitely add Preston Brown to the list at LB...

No way of knowing if we will sign any of them, but I'd still like to get Melvin and Desir back at the right price... 

The group of available O-Line players does not inspire much confidence. Cam Fleming could be put to use at our RT spot. Pugh and Mewhort both come with injury concerns (especially Mewhort), but both have a ton of talent. 

One consolation is that this year's interior OL draft class is stacked... Guards often perform better as rookies than Tackles... If Indy can get Nelson and Wynn (hopefully in some trade-back scenario) in this draft, the interior OL will have the potential to be truly elite. 

I don't really like any of the available DE FAs. My hope is that Basham has a very formative offseason and the switch to a 4-3 helps him out. The guy we just signed sounds interesting. Sheard is a quality starter. Add Chubb and the group looks very nice, but I honestly think that the LB spots are a bigger need at this point.. Ballard ought not hesitate to draft R. Smith if we traded down to 12 and he was available.

As Colts fans, most of us are used to uneventful FA periods. Until 5 or 6 years ago, we barely knew what a FA was. It is a double edged sword, but I'm still crossing my fingers that we don't go into the draft with Morrison projected to start at a LB spot and Moore slotted in as a starting outside corner.