Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Free Agent Wishlist After Initial Signings

Alright, Free Agency begins tomorrow, and I know a lot of us feel like we're behind the 8-ball already. But, I think you'll see that there's plenty of good players still available.

I took a look at some of the remaining free agents and made a list of players that I would see as positive signings that we are likely to get at much more reasonable prices compared to the huge contracts given out at this point.

RB- Carlos Hyde, Jerrick McKinnen

I don't know how I feel about signing a free agent RB, but IF we decide that's the route to go, these are the only two RBs on the market that I would like to see added.

WR- Terrelle Pryor, Jordan Matthews, Jordy Nelson

I love the veteran savvy and reliability of Jordy Nelson. He'd be my top target for the right price. Terrelle Pryor and Matthews both have upside and could thrive with Andrew Luck throwing to them.

OL- Justin Pugh, Jack Mewhort, Josh Sitton, Senio Kelemente

I know Sitton is older and has bounced around a few teams, but I love the idea of adding Sitton, Mewhort, and either Pugh or Kelemente and having those 3 guys compete to start. That'll also give us some much needed depth. We saw this year how our decent line became atrocious after a few injuries.

TE- Tyler Eifert, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Both players have tremendous upside, but obviously Eifert is a huge injury risk.

DL- Dontarie Poe, Adrian Clayborn

LB- Zach Brown, Nigel Bradham, Demario Davis, Derrick Johnson

All 4 of these guys would be solid additions, especially the 3 MLBs.

CB- EJ Gaines, Morris Claiborne, Rashaan Melvin, Pierre Desir, Kenny Vaccaro

Vaccaro is incredibly intriguing to me. He's billed as a hybrid LB/CB/Safety. That kind of flexibility could be very useful. 

My preferred signings:

Jordy Nelson or Terrelle Pryor

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Josh Sitton

Jack Mewhort

Justin Pugh

Demario Davis

EJ Gaines

Rashaan Melvin

Kenny Vaccaro

11 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

Alright, Free Agency begins tomorrow, and I know a lot of us feel like we're behind the 8-ball already. But, I think you'll see that there's plenty of good players still available.

I took a look at some of the remaining free agents and made a list of players that I would see as positive signings that we are likely to get at much more reasonable prices compared to the huge contracts given out at this point.

I don't know how I feel about signing a free agent RB, but IF we decide that's the route to go, these are the only two RBs on the market that I would like to see added.

I love the veteran savvy and reliability of Jordy Nelson. He'd be my top target for the right price. Terrelle Pryor and Matthews both have upside and could thrive with Andrew Luck throwing to them.

I know Sitton is older and has bounced around a few teams, but I love the idea of adding Sitton, Mewhort, and either Pugh or Kelemente and having those 3 guys compete to start. That'll also give us some much needed depth. We saw this year how our decent line became atrocious after a few injuries.

Both players have tremendous upside, but obviously Eifert is a huge injury risk.

Vaccaro is incredibly intriguing to me. He's billed as a hybrid LB/CB/Safety. That kind of flexibility could be very useful. 

My preferred signings:

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Josh Sitton

Jack Mewhort

Justin Pugh

Demario Davis

EJ Gaines

Rashaan Melvin

Kenny Vaccaro

Pryor,...is Austin from rams available?

ASJ

Gaines & Melvin, ....Vacaro caus Hooker & Geathers health concerns

Sitton

Any and all LB's

32 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Pryor,...is Austin from rams available?

ASJ

Gaines & Melvin, ....Vacaro caus Hooker & Geathers health concerns

Sitton

Any and all LB's

Geathers is healthy what you saying hooker is gonna be fine that injury was back in week 7

13 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

My preferred signings:

Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Josh Sitton

Jack Mewhort

Justin Pugh

Demario Davis

EJ Gaines

Rashaan Melvin

Kenny Vaccaro

My top targets if i were king for a day:

Rb: C.Hyde- He may cost over Lewis...if so I would pass. If not, I would be OK paying him $5M a year for 3-4 years....knowing those out years may be false

WR: T.Pryor- I'd take a chance on him. Change of scene. Maybe relive a bit of his Cleveland magic.

J.Mathews- A year or two removed from looking like a potential stud. And used to be solid in the slot

OL: J.Pugh- Likely too much for my comfort level. But solid and versatile.

J.Mewhort- Talent has always been there. Just can't stay healthy.

DL: S.Richardson- Simply put he is the guy I want most in free agency

N.Suh- Pipe dream based on his age and price. But I can dream right?

D.Poe- Fall back option as space eater

LB: T.Whitehead- Love him as a OLB if he can just run to the ball

Z.Brown- Probably wants too much. But good ball player.

CB: R.Melvin- sign your own if they ask for market value. If more, move on

E.Gaines- Versatile and can be moved around

At the end of the day these are all players I like but wouldn't expect a majority of.

If I could have some realistic targets I would like:

Mewhort

Pryor

Richardson

Whitehead

Melvin

But at the end of the day I will be happy with any above average guys to plug holes.

22 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

My top targets if i were king for a day:

Rb: C.Hyde- He may cost over Lewis...if so I would pass. If not, I would be OK paying him $5M a year for 3-4 years....knowing those out years may be false

WR: T.Pryor- I'd take a chance on him. Change of scene. Maybe relive a bit of his Cleveland magic.

J.Mathews- A year or two removed from looking like a potential stud. And used to be solid in the slot

OL: J.Pugh- Likely too much for my comfort level. But solid and versatile.

J.Mewhort- Talent has always been there. Just can't stay healthy.

DL: S.Richardson- Simply put he is the guy I want most in free agency

N.Suh- Pipe dream based on his age and price. But I can dream right?

D.Poe- Fall back option as space eater

LB: T.Whitehead- Love him as a OLB if he can just run to the ball

Z.Brown- Probably wants too much. But good ball player.

CB: R.Melvin- sign your own if they ask for market value. If more, move on

E.Gaines- Versatile and can be moved around

At the end of the day these are all players I like but wouldn't expect a majority of.

If I could have some realistic targets I would like:

Mewhort

Pryor

Richardson

Whitehead

Melvin

But at the end of the day I will be happy with any above average guys to plug holes.

Agree with most of this..............i also share the same pipe dream as you  SUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we could sign Pugh, Pryor, and Suh I would be happy but at this point I have no idea what our gameplan is lmao. The Jags have Cleveland Cavalier money so it wouldn't shock me if they added Suh :groan:

There’s no way we are getting Suh. He’s going to get 15+ million. Not quite the mid-tier budget guy CB likes.

3 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

And that virtually guarantees the browns go qb at 1. We'll get a shot at Chubb or Barkley.

They can get Chubb at 1 to go with Myles, Giants get Barkley at 2 then to trade down from 3 as calls a plenty from Bills/Jets who need QB.

WR: Jordy Nelson please! 

O-line: Zach Fulton, Josh Sitton, Mewhort on a prove it deal 

TE: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins (Eifert is hurt way too much) 

LB: sign all of them 

CB: I'd like to see Melvin and Desir back. Gaines is decent as well. 

RB: Whoever it is needs to be able to pass block 

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

They can get Chubb at 1 to go with Myles, Giants get Barkley at 2 then to trade down from 3 as calls a plenty from Bills/Jets who need QB.

That scenario could be incredible for us. Imagine the haul of draft picks we'd get. 

Move back a spot or 2, take Q. Nelson. Grab another first round pick and lockdown Guice. Or maybe the other pass rusher. That could work out nicely.

10 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

My only worry is about his affect on the locker room. Idk if he's what Chris Ballard looks for, character wise.

Only losers blame the locker room nonsense, for their troubles. This team needs an infusion of nastiness. Besides Suh hasnt been an issue in Miami

Now I am getting *.....and it takes a lot......Did friggin Ballard die or something?  Where the heck is he?

What is this some sort of joke or something?  70 Mil in space and every good signing goes elsewhere?  This has GOT to be some evil nightmare....

Edited by nyyankeechris

You know, a couple of weeks ago some guy on here posted his list of FA's he thought Colts would get and it was so underwhelming I made a response joke that after Colts had signed all the FA's this guy thought we'd get the Colts, who started out with 75 mil, would roughly have 65-70 mil left.

Looks like the jokes on me, as that's exactly what looks like will happen.

32 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Only losers blame the locker room nonsense, for their troubles. This team needs an infusion of nastiness. Besides Suh hasnt been an issue in Miami

The Dolphins are eating about $22M in dead cap space to get rid of Dig, for what they've deemed "efforts to change the team culture". That's a PC way of saying Duh was not a positive effect in the locker room. As good of a player as he is, he's just not a guy I see Ballard bringing in.

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

You know, a couple of weeks ago some guy on here posted his list of FA's he thought Colts would get and it was so underwhelming I made a response joke that after Colts had signed all the FA's this guy thought we'd get the Colts, who started out with 75 mil, would roughly have 65-70 mil left.

Looks like the jokes on me, as that's exactly what looks like will happen.

I actually think our process is gonna allow us to fill MORE holes. We have the money to sign 3 OL, a WR, 2 LB, and 2 DB at this price point. It can be a lot like last year where our defense has 4 or 5 brand new starters.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

WR: Jordy Nelson please! 

O-line: Zach Fulton, Josh Sitton, Mewhort on a prove it deal 

TE: Austin Sefarian-Jenkins (Eifert is hurt way too much) 

LB: sign all of them 

CB: I'd like to see Melvin and Desir back. Gaines is decent as well. 

RB: Whoever it is needs to be able to pass block 

With you on all of this, my man.  I love prove it deals and contracts given to players that really did not get a chance.  Someone with a 'chip on their' shoulder. 

I think Melvin thinks the world about himself.  I think he wants too much money. He should consider who really gave him a real chance.  I think Desir did well too and should be given a shot.

My first time on here in awhile but I am not thrilled going back to the 4-3 defense.....and I want Chubb all day long over a running back.  Enjoy the FA Frenzy.  The insiders have made it into a joke.  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

19 minutes ago, Legend of Luck said:

I actually think our process is gonna allow us to fill MORE holes. We have the money to sign 3 OL, a WR, 2 LB, and 2 DB at this price point. It can be a lot like last year where our defense has 4 or 5 brand new starters.

Matters not, as most of what's left is depth guys who evidentially you will be banking on becoming great starters. meh, I'm not impressed. Seems like a talent depleted roster just became even more less talented and that's if what you are saying turns out to be true. Still the Colts haven't signed anybody