Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hitchens to Chiefs

Our roster is a disaster.
Norwell would have been great but he got his money and a Super Bowl caliber team. And gets to live in Florida
Hitchens is a guy that was not considered to be a good 3rd down LB. Well, if he can be exploited on 3rd down, he can be exploited on 1st down. Yes an upgrade from Morrison, but not a big long term miss
 I hope we have the #1 pick in the 2019 draft.

To be honest with you I didnt think Hitchens was a whole lot better talent wise than Ant Walker. Only difference is Ant has less experience. Let Ant play a bit more and people will see. I wouldn't have paid Hitchens 10 million per either.

3 hours ago, Colt Overseas said:

Chiefs are over paying by a good $2 million. Ballard seems like he is sticking strong to his guns about not overpaying. Not really surprising as he was quite reluctant to pay Hankins $10 million per year. 

Hopefully we can get some good player still but honestly I dont see Ballard handing out large contracts for any top level talent in this FA. 

Not only that, but I honestly had never even heard of Hitchens prior to the Colts hiring Eberflus, so I'm not going to go "end of the world" mode because we didn't sign the guy. It seems like he would've been a solid piece to pick up, but let's not act like we missed out on signing Clay Matthews.

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

To be honest with you I didnt think Hitchens was a whole lot better talent wise than Ant Walker. Only difference is Ant has less experience. Let Ant play a bit more and people will see. I wouldn't have paid Hitchens 10 million per either.

Agreed, Walker is a player with alot of upside imo, as he is a smart footballer as well as having good athletism and physicality. He can be a solid piece at one of the LB spots.

Wouldn't have even considered him at 9 million. The problem is, we have a ton of holes, and just because we don't think a player is worth it doesn't mean they aren't. The market dictated that and unfortunately we are losing out on a lot of proven talents because we are standing on our belief in their cost. I'm not all that happy with things so far, but can't really be that unhappy with the contracts being thrown around. Watkins was a CRAZY deal, and look at the Burton deal...8 million for a backup TE?! WTH is going on this year lol. I sure hope we can get some solid starters in FA this year, especially on the OL. Not looking good to start TBH.