Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills Trade Cordy Glenn to Bengals- Get 12th pick for 21st Pick

59 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

What are the odds that Nelson drops to 12 and the Colts can snag him along with another player at 21? IF they trade with the Bills...

Right now that is my dream scenario. I want the Bills to offer a draft haul to Indy for their 3rd pick. Then with the 12th pick, go after OG Quenton Nelson, and even trade up a few spots to make sure you get him to vastly improve Indy's OL.

It would be a draft situation similar to what Jon Robinson and the Titans did a few years ago where they were picking 1st overall, traded down to pick 12 or so, then moved up to 8 to draft OT Jack Conklin.

22 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Right now that is my dream scenario. I want the Bills to offer a draft haul to Indy for their 3rd pick. Then with the 12th pick, go after OG Quenton Nelson, and even trade up a few spots to make sure you get him to vastly improve Indy's OL.

It would be a draft situation similar to what Jon Robinson and the Titans did a few years ago where they were picking 1st overall, traded down to pick 12 or so, then moved up to 8 to draft OT Jack Conklin.

Going to #12 still isn't really making me feel all that warm and fuzzy inside, especially when you look at the chart. To equalize the value, we'd have to give up #36, and we'd get Buffalo's first five picks. Maybe I'd like it if we could take their five picks and keep #36, but still, going all the way down to #12 is kind of a let down...

On the other hand, I'm kind of working on a big board, and once you take away the QBs, Barkley, Chubb and Nelson, I feel like there's a drop off. Fitzpatrick, Ridley, Derwin James, etc., all seem a tier below, to me. 

36 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

When a team is trying to acquire a potential Franchise QB, especially when they haven't had one for years & years, I think you can throw the 'draft value chart' out the window. They may be willing to pay a substantial amount more. Especially if they think their competing with division rivals for the same QB.

We can own the Jets, Dolphins, or Bills AND their first born for decades. haha

Not disagreeing with you whatsoever.

That said, we had plenty of folks on the forum saying things like:

"No way we trade down from 3 to 21 unless we get the 1.22, both 2nd rounders and maybe a 3rd".

I am just trying to shine reality on things now that an "equal" deal would be 1.03 for 1.12, 1.22 and 3.01.

So anything better than that is gravy.

Maybe we do get one of their 2nd rounders instead of that 3.01.

It will be fun to see if we bypass a potential top-5 talent at a position of need (i.e. Chubb or Nelson or Barkley) for 3 or 4 top-65 picks but with none higher than 1.12.

1 hour ago, TomDiggs said:

Not disagreeing with you whatsoever.

That said, we had plenty of folks on the forum saying things like:

"No way we trade down from 3 to 21 unless we get the 1.22, both 2nd rounders and maybe a 3rd".

I am just trying to shine reality on things now that an "equal" deal would be 1.03 for 1.12, 1.22 and 3.01.

So anything better than that is gravy.

Maybe we do get one of their 2nd rounders instead of that 3.01.

It will be fun to see if we bypass a potential top-5 talent at a position of need (i.e. Chubb or Nelson or Barkley) for 3 or 4 top-65 picks but with none higher than 1.12.

It will be fun to see how it plays out, not just for us but for every team.

Imo, I don't think Irsay will trade down if Barkley is there for us. But I doubt he will be there.  So I think Ballard may bypass Chubb for a haul like we talked about above.

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

What are the odds that Nelson drops to 12 and the Colts can snag him along with another player at 21? IF they trade with the Bills...

Well....one can hope.... but I honestly doubt that Nelson slips any further than the 49ers at #9... if he even makes it THAT far.

Because now.... the Bears at #8....  have hired Nelson's position coach at Notre Dame as their OL coach.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/1/11/16876030/bears-offensive-line-coach-quenton-nelson-2018-nfl-draft

Anything can happen and I'd love to see Nelson in a Colts uniform.... but I seriously doubt he makes it out of the Top 10. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Going to #12 still isn't really making me feel all that warm and fuzzy inside, especially when you look at the chart. To equalize the value, we'd have to give up #36, and we'd get Buffalo's first five picks. Maybe I'd like it if we could take their five picks and keep #36, but still, going all the way down to #12 is kind of a let down...

On the other hand, I'm kind of working on a big board, and once you take away the QBs, Barkley, Chubb and Nelson, I feel like there's a drop off. Fitzpatrick, Ridley, Derwin James, etc., all seem a tier below, to me. 

I think the Bills move up with the 22nd pick as well. My guess is they will offer 12th, 15th, and their 3rd rounder.

6 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

At 12 and 22 we could get one of each:

DE Davenport or Landry

LB Edmonds or Smith

I would take one of each over Chubb....

Are you saying you take Davenport and Landry over Chubb?

So you'd take a guy who couldn't beat 2nd division college tackles and a guy who doesn't even fit our scheme over a guy who produced against top level talent and fits our scheme?  How does that make any sense?

I agree on Edmunds though.  I think he can truly be special. 

I turned on to NFL Network Total Access Live in progress and I thnk they were having a conversation about what the Bills had done...    the trade of Glenn to move up from 21 to 12...

And I believe I heard former GM,  Charlie Casserly,  say that if the Bills want to trade up into the top-5 that the Bills have to offer both 1's this year,  12 and 22,  PLUS their number one next year as well.   

I confess,  if we could get that to happen,  I'd be in favor of that deal.

That would give the Colts TWO First Round Picks for back-to-back years.

We'd have 12 and 22 this year...     and our own plus the Buffalo pick next year,  and that pick could easily be a sub-500 record pick.     

I'd do that deal....

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I turned on to NFL Network Total Access Live in progress and I thnk they were having a conversation about what the Bills had done...    the trade of Glenn to move up from 21 to 12...

And I believe I heard former GM,  Charlie Casserly,  say that if the Bills want to trade up into the top-5 that the Bills have to offer both 1's this year,  12 and 22,  PLUS their number one next year as well.   

I confess,  if we could get that to happen,  I'd be in favor of that deal.

That would give the Colts TWO First Round Picks for back-to-back years.

We'd have 12 and 22 this year...     and our own plus the Buffalo pick next year,  and that pick could easily be a sub-500 record pick.     

I'd do that deal....

I would venture to say the Giants would be just as interested as we would be?

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I would venture to say the Giants would be just as interested as we would be?

You think the Giants are interested in moving down to 12?     I don't.    

I think they'd want a top player.    Chubb..  Nelson...    or other top 5-8.    Don't see them willing to move down to 12.

Just my hunch... 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think the Giants are interested in moving down to 12?     I don't.    

I think they'd want a top player.    Chubb..  Nelson...    or other top 5-8.    Don't see them willing to move down to 12.

Just my hunch... 

No, trading the 2nd for the Bills picks is what I had in mind.

I think you misunderstood.

9 hours ago, Surge89 said:

Are you saying you take Davenport and Landry over Chubb?

So you'd take a guy who couldn't beat 2nd division college tackles and a guy who doesn't even fit our scheme over a guy who produced against top level talent and fits our scheme?  How does that make any sense?

I agree on Edmunds though.  I think he can truly be special. 

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. 

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

No, trading the 2nd for the Bills picks is what I had in mind.

I think you misunderstood.

?????

Thats what I responded to.   I was guessing the Giants would not want to trade back that far.   They want top impact players that you won't find picking 12th.  I don't see them being interested in the same deal.

Just speculation on my part...   I easily could be wrong...