Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots trade for Danny Shelton

RockThatBlue

On 3/10/2018 at 12:36 PM, oldunclemark said:

a low-cost gamble....almost a no-cost gamble.

Low risk. Low reward

He was very strong in the one area the Pats front 7 were awful.. against the run. Foles didn’t beat the Pats Ajay and Blunt did.. 

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

He was very strong in the one area the Pats front 7 were awful.. against the run. Foles didn’t beat the Pats Ajay and Blunt did.. 

I don't know about that. What about that catch Foles made? Or the gutsy 4th down call for that TD? Or that 4th down call late in the game that would have lost them the game had they not completed the pass?

I'm just saying Foles played a huge role in also beating the Pats. It's not like he was just handing it off to the RB's all game long.

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Nah, he only went for 373 yards and 3 TDs. Plus caught a TD.

Foles earned the super bowl MVP.

Sorry, no cigar for you.

18 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

I don't know about that. What about that catch Foles made? Or the gutsy 4th down call for that TD? Or that 4th down call late in the game that would have lost them the game had they not completed the pass?

I'm just saying Foles played a huge role in also beating the Pats. It's not like he was just handing it off to the RB's all game long.

Ya but when your averaging 7-8 yards a carry it really puts little pressure on the QB as the Pats couldn’t ever just go after him.  Not saying Foles wasn’t  a big factor in the game, IMO the run game was the huge difference. 

17 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Shelton is awful major bust.

That’s not what I have heard at all, heard very strong against the run not a very good pass rusher... the Pats have a glaring weakness against the run

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nah, he only went for 373 yards and 3 TDs. Plus caught a TD.

Foles earned the super bowl MVP.

Sorry, no cigar for you.

Ya compare the two Offenses that game the one GLARING difference was Running D.. the Pats didn’t have one.

28 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Ya but when your averaging 7-8 yards a carry it really puts little pressure on the QB as the Pats couldn’t ever just go after him.  Not saying Foles wasn’t  a big factor in the game, IMO the run game was the huge difference. 

That’s not what I have heard at all, heard very strong against the run not a very good pass rusher... the Pats have a glaring weakness against the run

Ok half decent against the run but nothing else.

4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Ya compare the two Offenses that game the one GLARING difference was Running D.. the Pats didn’t have one.

You may ignore and make all the excuses you care to but Foles was the reason the Eagles won the ring.

In the 2 playoff games and the super bowl his numbers are MVP caliber.

971 Yds.

72.6 % throwing

323.7 Yds avg. per game

6 Tds

1 pick

115.7 QB rating

Plus caught 1 Td.

No cigar for you again. :D

On 3/12/2018 at 8:46 PM, crazycolt1 said:

You may ignore and make all the excuses you care to but Foles was the reason the Eagles won the ring.

In the 2 playoff games and the super bowl his numbers are MVP caliber.

971 Yds.

72.6 % throwing

323.7 Yds avg. per game

6 Tds

1 pick

115.7 QB rating

Plus caught 1 Td.

No cigar for you again. :D

Wow I didn’t know the earlier games made a difference in the SB Outcome. In the game that mattered:

Brady

505 yards

3 TD

0 INT

Also done against a much better D than Foles:

373 Yards

3 TD

1 INT

both did great but comeonnFOLES DID NOT WIN THAT GAME! Only a blind person think that! It was the running game plain and simple.. but nice try making Foles look amazing with adding his entire playoff run.. 

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

Wow I didn’t know the earlier games made a difference in the SB Outcome. In the game that mattered:

Brady

505 yards

3 TD

0 INT

373 Yards

3 TD

1 INT

both did great but comeonnFOLES DID NOT WIN THAT GAME! Only a blind person think that! It was the running game plain and simple.. but nice try making Foles look amazing with adding his entire playoff run.. 

There wouldn't have been a super bowl win without a playoff run.

No, nice try by you trying to discredit Foles but you win no cigar today. He was the super bowl MVP. Let that sink in.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

Brady

505 yards

3 TD

0 INT

373 Yards

3 TD

1 INT

Everyone knows its a team game. Everyone takes part in contributing to winning. Doesn't change the fact that Foles played the biggest part in Philly winning. Your numbers actually prove the fact of how great Foles had to play just to keep the Eagles ahead. Both teams rushed for over 100 yds...and both team avg over 5 yds per carry (Eagles 6). Run defense was awful but it was because it was all set up by the passing offenses of both teams. I haven't checked but I imagine there were few times either team lined up in a base or run defense. Both teams played the pass and it made the run easy sledding. The main factor in the win.....Eagles 10-16 on third down conversion. (Foles 11-13!!!)  Foles was a HUGE part of that. 4th down conversions and 3rd down conversions that he threw for were insane. Tom was 5-8 which was still great. Both qbs completed 28 passes.. both were clutch....as he had to be because Tom was as well. Both qbs played OUTSTANDING and had either failed in even one more drive the game would likely have had a different outcome. So I think the major stat of the game.....Nick Foles....11-13 passing on third down....fyi the two fourth down plays.....Nick Foles completion for first down on crucial 4th quarter drive....and 4th down TD reception.

Again we all know it takes a team....had the defense not made that strip sack Brady probably wins the game on a last minute drive....and the Eagles line blocked wonderfully and guys made catches etc etc...but Foles performance and specifically on 3rd down was epic...and the main contribution for winning that game. End of story.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:14 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Shelton is awful major bust.

I honestly don't think I have ever seen a reply of yours that is not NEGATIVE. You must be miserable. I thought you was just negative towards the Colts but it seems you are just a negative person. Thats perfectly fine just must be miserable for you.

The Patriots need some help in the front seven. Shelton won't make a difference all by himself, but he'll provide depth and is a good piece to have moving forward. As they usually do, the Patriots won't go out and sign or draft one player who is a difference-maker by himself. They get role players, and Shelton will have a role. He's basically their replacement for Branch.