Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just curious, on how this changes the draft with browns getting tyrod and landry

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

They still need a franchise QB, because Tyrod is definitely not a franchise QB. 

Agree! Tyrod starts in 2018 allowing whoever the Browns draft as the franchise signal caller to sit and learn. Smart move to not put pressure on the rookie. Taylor has a year left on his contract.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Agree! Tyrod starts in 2018 allowing whoever the Browns draft as the franchise signal caller to sit and learn. Smart move to not put pressure on the rookie. Taylor has a year left on his contract.

Which is the opposite of what they've done with their rookie QBs.

Ironically, they could have had Wentz or Watson in the last two seasons... 

40 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think he is. He may not put as many TDs on the board, which is by far his biggest flaw, but he has the least interceptions every year as well and he can run. 

Barkley would significantly help him out as well. 

21 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I think he is. He may not put as many TDs on the board, which is by far his biggest flaw, but he has the least interceptions every year as well and he can run. 

You think Tyrod is a franchise QB?

you gotta be kidding 

6 minutes ago, Trueman said:

You think Tyrod is a franchise QB?

you gotta be kidding 

Not great, but if you think about it Alex Smith was a similar player until last year and I would say he was considered a franchise QB

The Browns would however be much better off drafting a QB. Don’t know why they would take Tyrod unless they want him as the backup

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Not great, but if you think about it Alex Smith was a similar player until last year and I would say he was considered a franchise QB

The Browns would however be much better off drafting a QB. Don’t know why they would take Tyrod unless they want him as the backup

Ah come on man.. Smith is so much better. Tyrod isn’t very good , he’s serviceable.

My guess is Cleveland got him to be insurance. If they draft a QB high , he’ll have the opportunity to beat out Tyrod. If not, they can redshirt him and still be ok with Tyrod/not throw him to the wolves.

This move was all about insurance , and in that regard , it was smart. The price tag? Not so much.

The Taylor trade sort of verifies an earlier report that the Bills are one of the two teams that have been reported to want to trade up to our spot to take a QB.  I know everyone wants us to stay in the top ten but they might just make Ballard an off he can't refuse.  If Ballard fills some big holes in FA with a couple or three big time additions he might pull the trigger.  He could always move back higher than 21 with a boatload of picks they could give us. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Interesting. I thought they wanted McCarron. And I thought that given that they have the #4 pick, they can afford to take a RB, Barkley, at #1. 

Depends on how much they value the QBs in this draft. If they like one above the other(like Darnold) they'll take him before because I doubt Darnold lasts until 4.

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

is Buffalo now in contention for Cousins?

No. They never were. 

8 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Depends on how much they value the QBs in this draft. If they like one above the other(like Darnold) they'll take him before because I doubt Darnold lasts until 4.

No. They never were. 

Thanks. Darnold lasted until six in our draft. :P

Have you checked out the Gavin Colts Forum Mock Draft?

Ballard has been very outspoken about how he wants to build the team primarily through the draft.  That's seven picks a year and a few UDFA.  Getting a boat load of picks from the Bills is the way to do it faster.  This trade tells me the parameters of a trade with the Colts is already in place.  The Colts first need to see what happens overall in FA and who they secure to see how it effects their overall needs.  Once that analysis is accomplished I think the trade will happen well before draft day.  That gives the Colt's more time to strategize and talk to other teams about possible move up options so they are better prepared on day 1.  Ballard strikes me as more of a calm and deliberate thinker would rather have things planned out well in advance if he can so that he's not forced to make decisions on the clock.  That's my take for what it's worth which isn't much.  

14 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Tyrod Taylor's mother does not even view him as a franchise QB.

No team with Taylor kicks their heels up on the desk and says "we are set at QB for the next decade."

15 hours ago, Superman said:

Hes not but its obvious IMO they plan on being a run heavy team. Barkley and Tyrod may be a solid tandem assuming Barkley is what everyone thinks.

Tyrod is probably just a one year stop gap anyway. I still doubt they don't take a QB at 4. Whoever that is (Mayfield probably) will sit behind Tyrod for a year.