Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrod Taylor to the Browns

ColtsGermany

Does this mean that the Browns are not pursuing AJ McCarron?

And who will be the Bills' QB? The Colts may have a great trade partner in the Bills. Bills can move up to #3 and give the Colts their 2 picks in the first round and 2 more picks in the 2nd round. 

•Bills get #3

•Colts receive #21, 22, 53, 56

Colts would then have 5 picks in the top 56, including their own pick in 2nd round.

3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Well it's the Browns, so it's not supposed to make sense.

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't get it...He makes what? $16 mil...and he's not much better than what they've had

Actually, a few teams have signed a guy, and then drafted one too.  Seahawks signed Matt Flynn, then drafted Russell Wilson. Bears sign Glennon, then draft Trubisky, etc...  more than a few have done this.  I expect Browns to still draft a QB.

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

I've never seen this many trades in such a short time involving high tier players

I expect more to come, as well... 

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Does this mean that the Browns are not pursuing AJ McCarron?

This tells me McCarron likely wanted too much, and for too long.  Browns want a vet for a little less and shorter time frame while grooming their new franchise QB the select in the draft.

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

And who will be the Bills' QB? The Colts may have a great trade partner in the Bills. Bills can move up to #3 and give the Colts their 2 picks in the first round and 2 more picks in the 2nd round. 

•Bills get #3

•Colts receive #21, 22, 53, 56

Colts would then have 5 picks in the top 56, including their own pick in 2nd round.

Bills have a plan.  Ex GM's / FO people that are now on radio mention that when deals like this go down, there's more to the plan that hasn't manifested yet.  Interesting to see how this turns out down the road.

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This tells me McCarron likely wanted too much, and for too long.  Browns want a vet for a little less and shorter time frame while grooming their new franchise QB the select in the draft.

Bills have a plan.  Ex GM's / FO people that are now on radio mention that when deals like this go down, there's more to the plan that hasn't manifested yet.  Interesting to see how this turns out down the road.

Thank you. The next week will be very interesting. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had to put my money on it I bet the Browns take Darnold #1. Taylor is there for insurance. Nothing I have heard but just a hunch I have.

Maybe, but I feel with having Tyrod Taylor on board, Dorsey may go for the guy with tons of tools and a huge arm- maybe Josh Allen.  That way he can work on Allen's weaknesses and groom him into the job over time instead of tossing him out to the wild animals. I believe Dorsey has a plan, and it isn't win a Super Bowl in 2018, but build a team not just with a bunch of young guys (they have already did that) but 'football players'.  Thus the Taylor, Landry, and Randall trades to start the ball rolling.

And if I remember correctly, T. Pauline had reported a little while back 2 GM's had no interest in Josh Rosen.  Reported 2 weeks before Dorsey became Browns GM. And Rosen wanted no part of the Browns (since retracted?)  Then come to find out John Dorsey was one of the 2 GM's having no interest in J. Rosen.  So I really doubt he's in the mix.  Baker Mayfield might be in the mix too, though...  he checks off all of the boxes except height (and a few say demeanor). Dorsey was the guy to get Patrick Mahomes for KC, as well. And he's a vet GM that won't tip his hand.

Bills have 5 picks in the Top 65. They are going to move up the draft now.

I do think the Browns will/should win at least 1 game every quarter of the season, there I said it. Browns will go at least 4-12 with all these roster moves with a ceiling of .500, and yes, the QB is that important. Tyrod is a very underrated QB and he will win games for them.

If the Browns win anything less than 4 games, Hue Jackson is out and he knows that. He is lame duck, much like Pagano was with Ballard with very little rope.