Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defjamz First Post-Combine Mock Offseason

I think it should be noted that the Colts won’t be able to hit every need in one offseason. I’ve payed a lot of attention to Ballard’s comments about building through the draft and not going crazy in FA. I kept that in mind when constructing this. The focus was helping the transition to the 4-3 and adding the starting pieces for Reich’s attacking WCO.

Re-Sign:

-Rashan Melvin, 2 Years

-Pierre Desir, 1 year

-Jon Bostic, 1 year

FA:

-Dion Lewis RB, 3 years

-Anthony Hitchens, 4 years

-Zach Fulton, OG 4 years

Draft:

R1,#3: Bradley Chubb, DE N.C. State- The future leader on D who will be the first key piece of the 4-3. Alpha male attitude and a bully on the field. Day 1 starter

R2, #36: Malik Jefferson, LB Texas- The staff has stated they’re looking for fast players on D. The Colts have lacked athletic LBs for years. Jefferson is a sideline to sideline tackling machine. Ran a 4.5 40. Can play SAM while he works on his pass coverage.

R3, #67: Jerome Baker, LB Ohio State- Another LB since our LB core is weak. Baker is a sideline to sideline coverage LB who can start immediately. Needs to work on physicality though.

R4, #104: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR Notre Dame- The Colts haven’t had a big body outside receiver (Andre Johnson was a bust signing) in foreve. Finally Ballard gets one. EQ quietly ran a 4.48 40 at 6’4” and 225 lbs. Underrated route runner as well. Sirianni will do great things for him

R5, #140: Skylar Phillips, OG Idaho State- An underrated guard prospect with good lateral agility and power. He’s 6’3” and 325 lbs. should be able to challenge for a starting guard spot early on.

R6, #178: Greg Stroman, CB VT- A long corner who surprised with a 4.48. Can run with bigger and smaller corners. Developmental corner

R7, 221: KC McDermott, OT/G Miami- A possible swing tackle and guard. Chance to make the roster as depth

Interesting Day 3 picks.

I keep hearing that Malik Jefferson is overrated. He tested well at the combine, but his game tape is apparently poor. I have not watched many Texas games.

A guy I am starting to like potentially with our 2nd rounder is corner Mike Hughes from Central Florida.